It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG poised to reignite war over FBI’s Clinton case

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
All we can really hope for is that the IG report is fair and balanced.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
All we can really hope for is that the IG report is fair and balanced.

Indeed -- I heartily second that!

And wouldn't that be a refreshing change in and of itself???

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree it probably wouldn't include jail time. At this point though it's not about that.

I agree. It's about accountability and restitution to society and there are plenty of penalties that could be applied that don't include jail. At some point, I think it's more valuable to society for the crooked to repay society for their crimes, than it is for us to just "make them pay!"

As for the statute of limitations, I recall seeing that discussed on here once before with links to the US Code sections she violated and many of them have 5 year timeframes. However, as I understand it from a legal perspective, those 5 years begin when the crimes were discovered, not when they occurred. The story initially broke in 2015 as I recall, but that doesn't necessarily start the clock either. Not to mention that some of the related crimes were much more recent. Classified information was being mishandled all the way up to late 2016 when some of them were discovered on Weiner's laptop, not to mention the violations of the Federal Records Act when they were deleting classified emails in 2015/2016.

Excellent points -- both about when the initial crimes were discovered, and the ongoing crimes to cover up the initial crimes. And not just Hillary.
edit on 12-2-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Not just trump supporters. It is obvious to anyone who has read the news reports that clinton had violated several laws. Ones the government had in fact jailed many people over who had done much less. Hell emails that were marked sap, classified or privileged were found on her personal server, huma's computer and Anthony wieners computer. she had to go through the same training as anyone else who had security clearances and she new the laws regulating the dissemination and storage of these files. She had evidence destroyed after being notified of an investigation into her handeling of the classified materials. Not one pundit including herself ever said she did not violate the law they only said she lacked intent which is not a precondition of a criminal act.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Round and round we go. This is never going to end is it? I don't know how many times it's been said that "THIS" will be the straw that breaks the camel's back only to be shot down with another few weeks of back and forth BS.

as long as the left it more equal, you can sill ramble on about how equal we all are. I doubt you are fooling anyone but the terminally stupid.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Oh is it that time of the week again where the right gets all riled up about the latest "bombshell" that will supposedly make all of us leftists' heads explode? Don't y'all ever get tired of putting all your eggs in one basket?
edit on 13-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh is it that time of the week again where the right gets all riled up about the latest "bombshell" that will supposedly make all of us leftists' heads explode? Don't y'all ever get tired of putting all your eggs in one basket?

Come on, KS, I know you can do better than this. I've seen you do it. I have actually very much admired and respected many of your thoughts and postings over the years. But sure not this petty piddle. This is beneath all of us.

The IG's report will either have substantial proof of criminal wrongdoings or it won't. The IG has access to all the evidence which can prove or disprove criminal wrongdoing -- including by those federal officials who have stonewalled and obstructed his investigation in many ways. This is the same IG doing the same job under Obama (trying, anyway) that's doing it under Trump. No partisan witch hunt here. Just the facts. This IG report will either confirm or disprove most of the rumors and gossip being thrown about with documentation and facts, or the lack thereof.

And you know it. I know you know it.

I believe it will absolutely devastating for ALL the crooked critters in DC -- left AND right.

The IG report will either have the proof or it won't. We'll find out together.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Come on, KS, I know you can do better than this. I've seen you do it. I have actually very much admired and respected many of your thoughts and postings over the years. But sure not this petty piddle. This is beneath all of us.

It's funny you say that, because that is how I feel about all these threads celebrating things that haven't happened yet based on speculation that whatever release is queued to come out soon is going to validate all of the right's conspiracy theories about the left. I can't count how many times I've seen you guys practically dancing in the streets over Hillary's imminent jailing before some supposed major release yet nothing. Ever. Happens.

Are you concerned that I'm not putting effort into my responses to your thread? Well that's because saying, "stop jumping to conclusions and getting your hopes over speculation," gets really old after saying it many many times. Plus for my efforts I'm usually insulted and demeaned anyways.

The IG's report will either have substantial proof of criminal wrongdoings or it won't. The IG has access to all the evidence which can prove or disprove criminal wrongdoing -- including by those federal officials who have stonewalled and obstructed his investigation in many ways. This is the same IG doing the same job under Obama (trying, anyway) that's doing it under Trump. No partisan witch hunt here. Just the facts. This IG report will either confirm or disprove most of the rumors and gossip being thrown about with documentation and facts, or the lack thereof.

And you know it. I know you know it.

Yeah. So? When no crimes are presented how many of you are going to say you were wrong about your speculation? I'm guessing few to none. No one admitted to being wrong about Nunes' memo. Hell when things don't work out the way you guys say they do, you just use that as evidence that forces are working against you. There is never any room for the consideration that you are wrong about your conspiracy theories about the Deep State.

I believe it will absolutely devastating for ALL the crooked critters in DC -- left AND right.

The IG report will either have the proof or it won't. We'll find out together.

Yeah and I see that as foolishly getting your hopes up. If you can look at an upcoming event and not jump to any predetermined conclusions THEN I'd have a bit more hope for you guys, but this thread is just another in a long line of right wing threads trying to make mountains out of molehills. Hell they aren't even molehills yet, since the stuff isn't even released yet they might as well be blueprints for a molehill.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oasisjack
a reply to: theantediluvian

she had to go through the same training as anyone else who had security clearances and she new the laws regulating the dissemination and storage of these files.

This is the one of the key parts here. As a lowly enlisted guy in 2004, after receiving my training, I knew not to try to send classified emails to my home email. It's simply impossible that she didn't know what she was doing was illegal. She would've had more extensive training that I did, and she also had plenty of experience dealing with classified material from her time in the Senate. The "she just didn't know because she's old, technology is confusing" excuse isn't valid. They account for that in the training. It makes things very, very clear to even the most technology-deficient among us.
edit on 13 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's pretty darn sad when someone says, "Hey! We'll either get the evidence or we won't," and you resort to blanket insults against "you guys" and "all of you" and on and on and on.

Who made a big deal about the memo? Everyone!!! All the critters were playing that game, spinning it in their own way for their own purposes. Especially all the Dems who whined and cried about releasing the memo cuz classified information and national security and boohoohoo. They made just as big a stink about that memo as anyone else.

But of course you knew that. Even as you were spewing the "you guys" crap.

We already know there's been wrongdoing. What we don't know is the extent of it. We don't know all the why's and wherefores and whos. I'm looking forward to the IG's report to find out.

I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If that's a problem for you, then you've got a problem.

edit on 13-2-2018 by Boadicea because: "How" to "who"

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The Deep State still could be in control of the final report.

Remember how that gave dire warnings about the Nunes Memo... but remain silent to this day about the Democrats Memo? Sure indication that there are still evil people in powerful places within the DOJ and FBI.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

At one time, it was claimed that Hillary never took the required training courses, although she signed a form stating she had.

I wanted to be sure I wasn't misremembering so I had to go find it: Hillary Signed She Received Briefing on Classified Info, But Told FBI She Hadn't

Either Hillary Clinton lied to the FBI or she lied on a State Department form as she began her tenure as Secretary of State. This conclusion appears inescapable after Friday's FBI document release related to the Clinton email investigation.

As revealed by those FBI documents, Clinton told agents that she could not recall "any briefing or training by State related to the retention of federal records of handling of classified information".

But the second paragraph of the Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement—which she signed on January 22, 2009—states that "I hereby acknowledge that I have received a security indoctrination concerning the nature and protection of classified information."

And there's this from Investors.com:

A previous Freedom of Information Act request by the Daily Caller asking for evidence that Clinton had completed other security training classes turned up nothing, which according to the State Department itself meant "the courses were not completed."

Clinton admitted as much to the FBI. In its interview notes, the FBI says Clinton told agents that, while she knew she had been granted "original classification authority," she "could not recall … any training or guidance provided by State."

Source[ed itby]edit on 13-2-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Remember how that gave dire warnings about the Nunes Memo... but remain silent to this day about the Democrats Memo? Sure indication that there are still evil people in powerful places within the DOJ and FBI.

Why so cryptic? I'm not understanding your point.

We know there are still "deep state" evil corrupt criminal critters all over govt. That's the challenge we're facing. So, yes, we have no doubt that they are trying to keep the truth from being told.

From there, I can go 101 places with your comment... what are you trying to say?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yeah so she was exposed as being a liar yet again. You can't mistake that training for something else. It's pretty clear what it's about. That could also be easily demonstrated to a jury.
edit on 13 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's funny that you republicans have such a hard-on for Hillary. Let me save you some trouble, most, if not all, politicians have some sort of skeletons in their closets. In fact most people, politico or not has some sort of secret they'd rather not have the world know about. But your guy won. And it's your guy who's in the sights of the special prosecutor. Stop trying to deflect.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma

It's funny that you republicans have such a hard-on for Hillary. Let me save you some trouble, most, if not all, politicians have some sort of skeletons in their closets. In fact most people, politico or not has some sort of secret they'd rather not have the world know about. But your guy won. And it's your guy who's in the sights of the special prosecutor. Stop trying to deflect.

So the Hillary email scandal, which started in 2015, was just made up to deflect from the Trump-Russia collusion myth investigation that began in 2016?

Got it.

Sorry your queen is a felon.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scauma

...you republicans...

And that's where you lost me. Because anyone who still thinks this is about left/right/Dem/Pub/liberal/conservative/purple polka dot is stuck in an echo chamber.

There are proper authorities given the power and resources to investigate potential and/or known crimes. The Inspector General is one of them. His report will either include evidence of wrongdoing, by who, and recommend appropriate criminal charges. Or it won't.

I'm good with that

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma

So what about those 62 million people who voted for Clinton ? 😵

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Good Lord page 1 and the damage control usual suspects are already deflecting. One in particular already with the mass posts. Silly rabbit.

Thanks for the post OP. I'll see if Bongino mentions this in his podcast. He's been my go to lately and his analysis has been spot on.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Good Lord page 1 and the damage control usual suspects are already deflecting. One in particular already with the mass posts. Silly rabbit.

Indeed. Big Sigh.

Thanks for the post OP. I'll see if Bongino mentions this in his podcast. He's been my go to lately and his analysis has been spot on.

You're welcome. And you might be interested in this, there's a little more in a new thread:

INSPECTOR GENERAL Probes $1.25 Million McCabe Received From Clinton Insiders

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join