It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falcon Heavy Launch Live Tesla Views Streaming Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Evening all, I don't have much to say really - most if not all know already about Space X's incredible Falcon Heavy rocket launch no too long ago this evening, I've just discovered a live feed, as in still transmitting to Earth, from Starmans' Tesla, and the views are stunning!

I thought some of you might like it too, enjoy!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
WARNING FOR FLAT EARTHERS: do not watch video if u dont want your reality smashed

bugs me that they didnt take such an opportunity to launch something of scientific significance. all that money just to put a car into space that will return no good data.
edit on 6-2-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The live stream [appeared to have ended at the time I wrote this comment], I'm certain it can still be watched back at the Youtube link above [at any time], but for those who can't watch it for whatever reason, the views were like these below.

I'm sorry for the small images and poor quality, but I was streaming the feed to my telly from my laptop and was unable to grab any screenshots, I had to rely on my phone

Amazing, simply amazing! And well done to everyone involved, this is truly mindblowing stuff!!

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
bugs me that they didnt take such an opportunity to launch something of scientific significance. all that money just to put a car into space that will return no good data

(tax money)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

That was my first thought, but they did explain that as it was simply a test of the vehicle, they weren't going to risk a clients payload, which kind of makes sense really. They mentioned that during such test flights a weighted object would be placed in the area that cargo would normally go in order to balance things out and give accurate data, but in this case, Elon decided to use his Roadster as the dead-weight,

....Imagine having that kind of money knocking about, lol

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

That was my first thought, but they did explain that as it was simply a test of the vehicle, they weren't going to risk a clients payload, which kind of makes sense really. They mentioned that during such test flights a weighted object would be placed in the area that cargo would normally go in order to balance things out and give accurate data, but in this case, Elon decided to use his Roadster as the dead-weight,

....Imagine having that kind of money knocking about, lol

doesnt have to be a clients payload. they could have easily sent something of their own design up. we used to make fun of the russians when theyd do this type of thing like with sputnik whereas we would send up something that gave us data even on test launches.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
Evening all, I don't have much to say really - most if not all know already about Space X's incredible Falcon Heavy rocket launch no too long ago this evening, I've just discovered a live feed, as in still transmitting to Earth, from Starmans' Tesla, and the views are stunning!

I thought some of you might like it too, enjoy!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

OMG! the earth is round!

Anyway, this is awesome.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is how you get people interested in science!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What's all that stuff floating around the car, debris? Dust? Satellites?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Good call and not something I'd really considered, I just tend to think of things that go into space costing many millions, but for sure, if something like a few CubeSats could have been sent up, it would have been worth the risk, surely,...

I'm not very clued up on space and rockets, to me, it just looks cool until they reach space, after that it's all just plain beauty,

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The side booster rockets came down and landed, which is amazing too.

I wonder if he has Bowie blaring on the car radio?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

It could be ice particles from condensation that was on the vehicle when it made orbit.

Reminds me of the "Fireflies" part in "The Right Stuff"

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Watched this live earlier today.

All I gotta say is congratulations Elon Musk and good job space X

These are truly amazing times.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

bugs me that they didnt take such an opportunity to launch something of scientific significance. all that money just to put a car into space that will return no good data.

I think they didn't want to risk a valuable payload on the first test launch of the falcon heavy because there was a chance it could fail.

The idea that Elon was sending his car into space got a lot of publicity too.

Though I don't know why they couldn't throw in a few cheap cube sats to orbit mars.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just saw a couple of videos.Amazing day for space exploration.
Congrats to Elon and SpaceX for an incredible achievement!

edit on CSTTuepm2661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I've read earlier that that's the case,

Rather than carrying a customers’ payload, the Falcon Heavy will carry a “cherry Tesla Roadster” to orbit Mars, playing David Bowie’s ‘Space Oddity’ on repeat. The firm said it would “be in deep space for a billion years or so if it doesn’t blow up on ascent”.

Express.co.uk Article

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I know this would be much harder to do. But I though how cool it would be to send some sort of solar charger with the roadster land it on mars and be able remote drive it around mars.
edit on 6-2-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I like it,

'Mars Roadster'

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Apparently the camera battery has 12 hours of life so enjoy the Live feed while you can.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join