It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falcon Heavy Launch Live Tesla Views Streaming Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

I'm just watching the news conference now, heard the same thing,

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's nice to see a "nod of the head" to Douglas Adams....... Don't Panic!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
4:32:30.

Interesting, no?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Amazing.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Spectacular! Elon Musk is making America gre....

Elon Musk is establishing himself as one of the most successful and accomplished individuals in history. What we witnessed today was...spectacular! IMO

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I cant help but think that 80,000 years from now after the next global reset some conspiracy theorists will claim that there is a car orbiting the Sun and Mars.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Awesome. Just awesome.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ooohh, caught a light streak in the video. Can we say it's an alien?
Ok, probably not, but still cool.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Hehe I just imagined an interview with a bunch of high end car manufacturers regarding top speed;

Interviewer - Ok, so what we would like to know is the top speed of your fastest vehicles?

Lamborghini - 288mph!
Ferrari - 291mph!
McLaren - 295mph!
Bugatti - 302mph!
Musk - around 22,000

Interviewer - 22,000? 22,000 what?

Musk - Oh sorry, everyone else talked in mph so I assumed you knew I meant it too.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
ngchunter (who doesn't seem to post on ATS anymore) filmed this footage using his custom-made tracking software:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow, that was impressive uninterrupted footage. Well done, ngchunter!
edit on 7-2-2018 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
4:32:30.

Interesting, no?

Wow! That thing was fast!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

How could they not use solar batteries?

Or does this not work in space? (/sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Destin from Smarter Every Day channel recorded the liftoff with binaural audio. Put your headphones on, and be immersed in the grounshaking sound:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Hehe I just imagined an interview with a bunch of high end car manufacturers regarding top speed;

Interviewer - Ok, so what we would like to know is the top speed of your fastest vehicles?

Your comment reminds me of former SR-71 pilot Brian Shul's 'speed check' story, if you've not read or heard this before, it's hilarious;

In text (six posts down) - The LA Speed Story

In a nutshell, a fighter pilot tries to show up a Cessna pilot, and it doesn't work out well for him.

Sorry for the belated reply!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
ngchunter (who doesn't seem to post on ATS anymore) filmed this footage using his custom-made tracking software:

www.youtube.com...

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Some info has come to light about that video and it's not good. First of all, "his custom-made" tracking software seems to be either stolen from or donated by the Air Force...

The Air Force Institute of Technology has spent the last seven years conducting research on orbit identification and object characterization of space objects through the use of commercial-off-the-shelf hardware systems controlled via custom software routines, referred to simply as TeleTrak.
scholar.afit.edu...

Commercial off the shelf hardware, translation, commercial telescopes like the Meade used for that video. In fact, further into the document it specifically mentions it being used on Meade telescopes for tracking fast movers, mostly satellites and ISS, optically. He just applied it to tracking rockets, but he didn't design the software. Maybe he was involved with updating it, or maybe they let him use it after it became deprecated?

One wonders why a so-called "amateur astronomer" would be using Air Force software though. Normal people don't have access to that kind of stuff, even normal people with telescopes usually end up with footage that looks more like this:

And if we take a still frame from normal footage of the landing we can see a normal, flat image in the GRIDS and GRIDS-Inversed analysis:
nofile.io...
Looks good, doesn't look like there's any sign of image tampering. The one you posted on the other hand...
nofile.io...
Yowch, there's very strong evidence of image manipulation in the GRIDS-Inversed analysis. It's around the same point in the landing, both were supposedly filmed with telescopes, but this one has a very strong sign of being edited right where the rocket is in the image. So much for the video being "unedited footage."

It begs the question, why is the Air Force helping promote this SpaceX launch through a plant posing as an "amateur?" Why is his video manipulated even though he says it's "unedited?" I honestly don't have the answers, but they're compelling questions.
edit on 27-2-2018 by RTLSLZ1 because: ATS broke the links

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join