It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer 'vaccine' eliminates tumors in mice, researchers find

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Cancer 'vaccine' eliminates tumors in mice, researchers find

Injecting minute amounts of two immune-stimulating agents directly into solid tumors in mice can eliminate all traces of cancer in the animals, including distant, untreated metastases, according to a study by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine.

A cancer vaccine has shown to be extremely effective in mice. So effective that it killed untreated metastases away from the tumor injection site. That is some promising research and I hope that they can consistently reproduce these results, get human trials, and on to market, hopefully in the next 5 years.

The fact that a vaccine is actually killing cancer that has already manifested and metastasized, is an incredible achievement. I tend to approach these things with caution, however, because as I have said before you can kill cancer with a handgun, but it won't do you much good to do so if the cancer is in the person. Same applies to all the thousands of compounds that kill cancer in the lab, once you introduce it to the body's biochemistry, things change and lose their effectiveness.

Regardless, this vaccine still worked in lab mice, which have many times yielded great experimental results that later went on to become effective treatments and therapies for a variety of diseases.

(Note)I do not care about your anti-vaccine/Natural News bunk garbage. I will ignore it, and then make merciless fun of you at home.
edit on 31 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I know I said it a 1000 times .. mebendazole and cimetidine tablets will cure cancer ..

edit on 12018fAmerica/ChicagopmWed, 31 Jan 2018 17:06:01 -060039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I’m pretty sceptical..

Cancer is weird.. it isn’t a bacteria or virus. It is a mistake in a cells dna. That is made when you body heals an injury when replacing the damaged cells. Then that mutated cell begins to replicate creating tumors.

Because of that basically every case of cancer is a brad new life form..

So that makes a universal cure really hard to imagine....

However, the fact this drug uses your own immune system might fix the problem with other treatments..

Hopefully this is legit and works!!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Used 2 immune stimulating agents-and this will be relatively affordable.

two immune-stimulating agents

Eliminated breast cancer too. It also prevented future tumors.

Mice genetically engineered to spontaneously develop breast cancers in all 10 of their mammary pads also responded to the treatment. Treating the first tumor that arose often prevented the occurrence of future tumors and significantly increased the animals' life span, the researchers found.
medicalxpress.com...

Almost sounds too good to be true.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is the BIGGEST story in medicine, pretty much ever and it isn't getting much attention.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is the BIGGEST story in medicine, pretty much ever and it isn't getting much attention.

Huge $$$ lost if this is true. Wonder if the researchers are good drivers or have been clinically depressed for the last 6 months?

Thing happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thing is there are so many things that work well in mice that don't fully translate to human biological systems.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I’m pretty sceptical..

Cancer is weird.. it isn’t a bacteria or virus. It is a mistake in a cells dna. That is made when you body heals an injury when replacing the damaged cells. Then that mutated cell begins to replicate creating tumors.

Because of that basically every case of cancer is a brad new life form..

So that makes a universal cure really hard to imagine....

However, the fact this drug uses your own immune system might fix the problem with other treatments..

Hopefully this is legit and works!!

Sometimes it is viruses that create the mutations in the cell. Other times it is bacteria releasing mutagenic toxins used to break down cells.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't buy that garbage.

Researchers, people who work in pharmaceutical, and everyone in between is susceptible to cancer as much as anyone else. The is plenty of money in curing cancer because regardless of whether you cure cancer or not, it won't STOP cancer from forming. If anything insurance companies will push for this because it would be cheaper for them to pay for a cure than a lifetime of treatments.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Thing is there are so many things that work well in mice that don't fully translate to human biological systems.

That's why I approach this sort of thing with caution.

While it is a big story and has a lot of promise this is still true. See my handgun analogy.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Huge $$$ lost if this is true. Wonder if the researchers are good drivers or have been clinically depressed for the last 6 months?

Thing happen.

What?
You think they are going to give away a cure for cancer?
They'll sell that bitch.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My wife is a talented researcher.

There is so much cool stuff in the pipeline.

I get really pissed when I hear they are sitting on a cure,

Uh, no they aren't. But, they are close.

It takes way too long to get a drug to suffering people.

Trump says he is cutting red tape. We need this desperately.

If you have Cancer. Wouldn't you want to try something new ?

At least have that option. Chemo sucks.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Mice are especially prone to tumors, in which that may or may not affect these findings. Will have to see. Trials are upcoming as the OP article states for humans. In hopes this turns out to be helpful.

a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's not a virus but some viruses can cause cancer. Such as with HPV and cervical cancer.

Also see ERVs:

How do ERVs harm their hosts? Katzourakis suspects that some ERVs cause cancer. The viruses embed in an organism’s genome and make copies of themselves, and these duplicates then split and reinsert randomly at different locations in the genome. More often than not, these viruses do no harm, but occasionally their reinsertion transforms a healthy cell into a cancerous one. One such event led to the untimely death of the world’s first cloned sheep, Dolly, who succumbed to lung cancer caused by the Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus. Katzourakis proposes that the higher number of ERVs in small-bodied animals may account for their higher rates of cancer.

Source

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

SOME mice and rats are more prone to tumors.

Not sure if those particular species of mice are genetically predisposed to tumor formation, however, it seems like the used genetically modified mice specifically with a predisposition for tumor formation so that they could test their cocktail on those tumors.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: seasonal

Thing happen.

What?
You think they are going to give away a cure for cancer?
They'll sell that bitch.

I was trying but failed to be cute.

If this is a cure, I would be really really careful if I was on the team who is responsible for the findings.

I'm a hopeful cynic.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Don't worry, it will be a multi treatment cure at 50 grand a pop.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

Yep, there are institutions large and small that will do anything to "get" what they want and keep what they want.

Gulf of Tonkin “Incident” Reminds Americans That the Government Most Certainly Does Lie
commonsenseconspiracy.com... -and-north-korea/

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just about 'anything' could probably put the hurting on some cancer tumors... asuming you're injecting straight into them.

Problem is this isnt how "doctors" ever do it. Instead, they IV your entire body with the poison(s). YOur body which has probably also been under heavy antibiotic treatments by then thus killing off significant scores of the 10-12lbs. of beneficial bacteria all adults have in their bodies to stay healthy.

Because 'sanity'.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nofear39

have you used this with success? one is for parasites and the other one is tagament? do you know what does you should do with each one?
edit on 31-1-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join