It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel committee votes on party lines to release the memo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good, release this memo already because I'm tired of reading about it. I'm sure it's a Nothing Burger.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

He has five days. Maybe someone will talk sense into him. Though it seems to me these are very desperate moves and Muellers little talk is probably only days away. He may very well agree to jeopardize the country to save his own ass. His loose acquaintance with the truth is an issue his lawyers are well aware of. What ever they can throw down to keep him from that sit down they will do this week.
edit on 1292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why is there any need to release/write a rebuttal to the memo if it even hasn't been read by the democrats?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So you don't want the memo released.

Why?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He has five days. Maybe someone will talk sense into him. Though it seems to me these are very desperate moves and Muellers little talk is probably only days away. He may very well agree to jeopardize the country to save his own ass. His loose acquaintance with the truth is an issue his lawyers are well aware of. What ever they can throw down to keep him from that sit down they will do this week.

And the award for best comedy goes to.....

+1 more 
link   
This is comedy gold. The same people who screamed release the memo a few days ago are now scared of the release. You crack me up.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It was read by the memo rebuttal author.

I have to wonder how gowdy and nines voted for a fisa expansion if this is a legit document.

I will be pissed on two counts if it reads true.

link   

lol

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

He may very well agree to jeopardize the country to save his own ass.

He is cleaning up the swamp ... and he is not using a dusting cloth!

Lol.

Trump is trying to save the country.

Your fandom is misplaced Silly.

P

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you don't want the memo released.

Why?

Oh c'mon, you know why.

link   
Rumors are HE will be handing out copies as HE walks into the SOTU !!!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Why is there any need to release/write a rebuttal to the memo if it even hasn't been read by the democrats?

There is if you're a Democrat and desperately need a distraction right about now.

Again, I think they should eventually release that Dem memo, but its not like we don't get flooded with the Dem version of reality 24/7 by the media, anyway. Whatever is in the Dem memo, we'll hear about it soon enough.
edit on 29-1-2018 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Why worry about classified stuff when all we have to do is read the released Clinton emails.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

It was read by the memo rebuttal author.

I have to wonder how gowdy and nines voted for a fisa expansion if this is a legit document.

I will be pissed on two counts if it reads true.

If Trump only did what the Obama administration did, would you be okay with that?

link   

Adam Schiff was with Nunes when he viewed the classified material and has read the memo. He and other minority members of the committee drafted an accompanying document because they felt the memo is biased. Apparently the majority doesn't feel the country needs to hear any viewpoint but theirs. Of course.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I also have concerns that the memo, clearly written with a partisan flare will not reveal anything other than what has been said, ie "conspiracy" theories.

IF the memo sees the light of day without anything to actually show proof, then it could become part of Miller's case of obstruction. The President votes to release the memo and is so inflammatory and nothing is released to show proof then it could be construed as an attempt of obstruction, especially if the President flies off the handle and starts firing people...a carefully laid trap by never trumpets or we oppose anything democrats.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Adam Schiff was with Nunes when he viewed the classified material and has read the memo. He and other minority members of the committee drafted an accompanying document because they felt the memo is biased. Apparently the majority doesn't feel the country needs to hear any viewpoint but theirs. Of course.

Again, the republicans voted to allow the dem memo to be read by the entire house.

This was the exact same pattern as with the republican memo.

Why should the democrat memo not follow the same pattern?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Then why not simply refute it now?

If it is false and biased, then there is no worry about releasing classified info.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Rumors are HE will be handing out copies as HE walks into the SOTU !!!

I hope the Anti-America Congress members who boycott the SOTU have their names prominently taped to their empty seat!

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Adam Schiff is giving a statement right now that the intel committee has voted to release the memo.

They also voted not to release adam schiffs democratic memo that they wrote in response.

Now Trump has 5 days to decide rather or not to release it.

I will add sources as they become available.

thehill.com...

Als apparently the committee did vote to allow all members of the house to see the democratic memo, which was the exact same process they took with the republican memo before it was released to the public.

Democrats, voting as a block, tried to advance a series of motions they said would help put the Republican memo in context. All but one of those motions failed along party lines. The committee did make a Democratic memo rebutting the Republican version available to the full House but not to the public.

www.nytimes.com...

The memo in no way changes the actions Trumps team and possibly have done.

In other words, if the law was broken, by Trump or his team, this does not change that.

So don't get too excited there people.We still don't know what it says.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join