It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare to be Assimilated !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ok at least I got you Trekkies out there to read my 'newbie intro'

A little about me:
I'm a 35 year old applications engineer with a manufacturing company, married with 1 son and another on the way, Creek Indian/English/German descent, intelligently patriotic (more on this later), and a 'Sunday-Afternoon-Beer-Drinking-Southern-Baptist'.

My interests:
Offshore fishing, scuba diving, simulation gaming, camping, hunting, astronomy, technology, and millitary history.

My Background:
Instead of gauking at nude african tribal women in National Geographic, as most righteous adolescent males, I was more into Popular Science/Popular Mechanics/BYTE/OMNI, etc. While not a computer nerd on the outside during those years, I did labor countless hours typing in copious pages of BASIC code from magazines in to my cutting-edge Commodore VIC-20 just so I could play a fascinating game of PONG. It's amazing that the only computer education I've ever received was from the years of effort put in simply to troubleshoot code for games that crashed :-). I ended up getting a B.A. Business Administration degree as a Marketing Major only to realize I could make more money fixin' Joe Blow's server.

Reason for Being Here:
I first discovered ATS about 6 months ago while doing a Google search for 9/11 information. I was absolutely hooked within the first 5 minutes but chose to LURK for a while until I could actually contribute to the site. I come from a very patriotic family with a strong millitary background (all the way back to the French&Indian War). I am first and foremost a red-blooded-southern American, but not a blind patriot. There are just too many things going on in our country and the world today to blindly follow a group of lawyers (President & Congress) that have on occassion utilized subversion to pull the wool over our eyes. While I do not consider myself a Conspiracy Theorist, I think it is safe to say that I'm a sort of 'Truth Debugger'. It's hard to for me not to consider possible alterior motives of world governments based upon documented events throughout world history and the motivations of men that shaped them.

My Creed:
Keep your friends close but your government closer.

Thanks for reading

W.E.S.B

"American by birth, southern by the grace of God!"

[edit on 18-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Welcome on ATS!

..what a story!

and hey!: check BTS & Politics@ATS too!

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Welcome Wild_Eyed_Southern_Boy,
Looks like you will have a lot to contribute to the boards. I look forward to reading your posts.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Welcome WESB.

Good to see you here - looking forward to your posts.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"Conspiracy theorist" or not, I'd say you've got Deny Ignorance pretty well built in to your views. I'll try to look in on your posts once in a while- it certainly sounds like they'll be worth the read.
You may find yourself wanting to chew my head off in a military thread at some point (it's a common experience for many in the Weaponry and War on Terror forums) but just remember that I started out being a nice guy.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wild_Eyed_Southern_Boy
Ok at least I got you Trekkies out there to read my 'newbie intro'

ARGHHH!!

I clicked in hope it would be the proof Borg are real and the whole Star Trek universe is real, instead I got an intro post.... arghhh

Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What a relief; another normal, well-balanced American has come aboard. I don't feel as lonely, now!

Glad to see you, WESP.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Awesome introduction !!!

Welcome aboard

top topics

join