It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX Falcon Heavy static fire successful

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is great news but the anticipation until take off is most too much to handle. Go SpaceX!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
OK I am gong to call you out as being drunk. Which is fine and all but please remove yourself from this discussion. Back on topic, I have been like a little child waiting for this for years! If any ATS members are in the area at the time of launch please record and post it here. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for parents to wake up! Go SpaceX, show the world what’s up!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
They're planning to drop the two side 9's at the same time, and do a synchronized landing. Almost simultaneous. The third will land on a barge elsewhere.

I can't wait to watch this dance.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Okay, found an older one...

Before launch, though, a number of tests have to be completed. Perhaps the most dramatic is the static fire test in which Falcon Heavy is clamped in place and all 27 of its Merlin engines are fired. It's kind of like flooring the gas pedal of a muscle car for just a few seconds with a super heavy-duty parking brake engaged.

SpaceX had hoped to conduct a static fire test last week, but the window was moved to Tuesday, then Friday. Now, Monday, Jan. 22 is the target date. The date has been slipping for unspecified reasons.

4 days ago

Want sumthin dun right, doit yourself.

Warning: contains high amounts of sodium.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
More importantly, will its official launch finally shut the flat earthtards up?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
More importantly, will its official launch finally shut the flat earthtards up?

I'm confused, why would it? We've got thousands of satellites in space, why would one more rocket make a difference?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Okay, found an older one...

Before launch, though, a number of tests have to be completed. Perhaps the most dramatic is the static fire test in which Falcon Heavy is clamped in place and all 27 of its Merlin engines are fired. It's kind of like flooring the gas pedal of a muscle car for just a few seconds with a super heavy-duty parking brake engaged.

SpaceX had hoped to conduct a static fire test last week, but the window was moved to Tuesday, then Friday. Now, Monday, Jan. 22 is the target date. The date has been slipping for unspecified reasons.

4 days ago

Want sumthin dun right, doit yourself.

or bitch about it and hope someone does it for you when it's actually rather a non-issue. But you do whatever you need to when trying to stroke that ego.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Found an interesting fact:
Falcon Heavy thrust 5.000 million lbs
Saturn V thrust 7.891 million lbs.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Those are both impressive as hell numbers. Especially considering that the next closest is something like 2.5 times lower then the Falcon.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Yea boy. They got a launch date on this yet or what?? I would love to drive over there to see it for sure. Do these first stage boosters come back to land also ??

Whatever date they set it, I hope they do not reschedule. I would hate to drive an hour and a half just to have to turn around with a lousy T-Shirt.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They said about a week, but they haven't said a firm date yet. Two of the first stage rockets will land near each other on land and one on the barge I believe they said.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Yea boy. They got a launch date on this yet or what?? I would love to drive over there to see it for sure. Do these first stage boosters come back to land also ??

Whatever date they set it, I hope they do not reschedule. I would hate to drive an hour and a half just to have to turn around with a lousy T-Shirt.

The rocket is basicly 3 falcon 9 rockets put together , only the middle one is reinforced to deal with the tension caused by the 2 strapped to the sides

Watch this vid if you havent seen it yet , this is what is suppose to go down at launch.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel
Thats going to be so awesome. Can you guys update this thread the moment a specific date is set? It only takes me about 90 minutes to drive there.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I wish they were able to go sooner. We'll be in Winter Haven on Saturday, but should turn right back around and head back out the same day.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You flying in through Jack Browns or Gilbert Field?? Got time for some paintball?? Its about 45 minutes to an hour drive from there. I'll be at Orbital Paintball until 5pm.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Driving down. We're bringing in a load to the Walmart DC. With luck, we'll be turning around pretty quick, but I'm not sure yet. We won't find out until tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
lol, why did I have a feeling it had something to do with Wal-mart. Yea if your delivering through truck there will be zero time for anything. Oh well, I will wave in your direction and perhaps you will receive the greeting subconsciously.

Well since your in Polk County I guess you could always drive by the Wringling Bros. Elephant sanctuary. Not much else to do in Polk County. All the fun is next door here in Hillsborough you know

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I don't know, freight in Florida is majorly hit and miss. It's one of the reasons we very very rarely take loads there. Usually we try to stay way up north, where we can easily deadhead to Georgia to get something. But 2400 miles to start out the week ain't nothing to sneeze at.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Sure i will post if there is a launch date , if not others probably will.

Really nice that you only have a 90 minutes drive , i want to witness a launch someday it is on my bucket list.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join