It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Unveils Hypersonic "Son-of-Blackbird" Demonstrator Design

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I'd also consider them incorporating the long thin fuselage of the xb70 into their designs. also of note on both the Lockheed and Boeing designs is that the dorsal side of the fuselage near the nose is thicker than the bottom half. that's for more than just trying to make a lifting body.

what I'd love to see would be anhedral wingtips. that would look awesome.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I somehow forgot to point this out. It is worth noting that newly appointed DepSec Shanahan spent his career as a Boeing Exec.
edit on 16-1-2018 by The one? because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Would there be anything burning "greenish" helping this aircraft?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
As i understand it, you dont need green anymore once you have mastered the TBCC design. Green is great for pushing existing engine tech to its max.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: yuppa

i be confused. the weak force is the force that's behind the process of neutrons decaying into protons. how's shielding against it going to hide the matter from gravity

Gravity ITSELF is a weak force. When you shield a atom from its influence it will float.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Blackfinger

Could you use something else to speed the air up other than the speed of the aircraft?

Plasma
?
I wanna dream of helium filled airframe parts for a while till they come true..

They're over reaching and trying to add magnetics to the system.

Yeah the WOO with that was verging on the Red Mercury propulsion system..

aerogel is lighter than helium,combine that inside graphene parts and it really light weight.
its not ANTI GRAVITY either. it sheilding againt the weak force on the crafts atoms ad molecules. it dont cancel out gravity itself...just hides from it.

Which Aerogel is lighter than air?

Its supposed to be a good insulator I understand but are NASA using it to collect dust? If it sucks up dust, how long until it gets heavier trapping flies, pollen and other things?

If its sealed inside of the parts nothing will destroy its ability.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

gravity is gravity. gluons are bosons jumping in between quarks bonding them together to make protons and neutrons. then again to hold neutrons and protons together to make atom nucleus. the weak force is responsible for neutrons decaying into protons cause neutrons aren't that stable and prefer being protons. when they decay they shed a neutrino the same way a electron jumping to a lower "energy orbit" sheds a photon.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

"yes ...you don't want to think about green any more..." **does Jedi hand wave**

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

edit on 1612018 by nelloh62 because: bad spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: FredT

I'd also consider them incorporating the long thin fuselage of the xb70 into their designs. also of note on both the Lockheed and Boeing designs is that the dorsal side of the fuselage near the nose is thicker than the bottom half. that's for more than just trying to make a lifting body.

What do you think it's for?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

What the birds mission or the shape of the fuselage?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I would guess sensor payloads. On the B-2 the An/APQ-181 is located under the cockpit/nose, which is noticeably thicker than the body of the aircraft behind it.

Bass: sent you a pm the other day

edit on 17-1-2018 by The one? because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join