It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had my last of my belongings stolen today. Yet I still hold hope with life's "tests"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I hope you ignored the bitter and angry nasty comments from openyourmind1262. They are obviously very unhappy about their lives and are only able to spew hate in every direction but especially to the vulnerable. Just know, their lives are more than probably much worse than yours.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Translucentalitheia

Are you writing my biography? you just described my entire life, and I'm not kidding.

You want a life tip? fun. Do or see whatever it is that makes you laugh. For instance super gluing a coin to the sidewalk and watching people try to pick the coin up works over and over again. Sometimes If someone walks past me down the street I feel like walking up to a street sign and asking it for directions just to see the look on peoples faces.

Jump on the crazy train because it's a mad world.

Your reply made me giggle sometimes I feel like going that way as a distraction for now and just enjoy life. I do try to have some fun and look at the happy side of things

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Well I don't have much family ATM I have no one close to me, I've really only had my mum and she's with her husband and my father passed when I was young. My siblings are all over the place with their own lives so I leave it at that. I have goals and ambitions I'm trying to achieve. I do do keep training though, eat well and today I'm going to try find a counsellor at least. I'm only doing this for now to get my bearings as I've lost a lot of trust in people I know and family

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I wish I had my car still but I had to sell it, i still meditate by the river as it helps me handle my situations better and make clearer decisions.

Yes that's true as I chose to be homeless funny that , but i ts only temporary I just didn't know it'd end up like this outcome though

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Hey there! Sorry to hear you've had such a rough go lately.

Mind if I give you some words to think on?

The following quote really helped me through a rough time last year. At first the quote confused me, but then I felt I had a grasp on what these words truly meant:

"A wise man loses nothing if he but save himself. " - Michael De Montaigne

We all have goods, possessions, and loved ones. When you arrange It so that your happiness is not dependent upon those things or those people but upon yourself solely, then when you experience an important loss or all of these things should be eventually taken from you, it will not feel so destructive in your life.

Your items were your items, and it was wrong for someone else to violate your privacy and your space and take those things from you- but those things don't define you no matter how much you may have loved or needed them.

They can never take what makes you, you- and that is a true beauty.

I wish you the very best with your expeditions/travels in life. I hope you are able to stick around on ATS as well!

-Alee

That quote really sits well I'll try go by that.

It wasn't really the belongings more so the warm things I had and to top it off these people would have known it was what it was yet still had the indecency to take it including the sleeping like come on how low do you need to be to do that?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

My thoughts are with you, and I hope you find a job where you are appreciated. Maybe try looking for work that's outdoors? As you seem adapt at taking care of yourself in extreme circumstances.
"Go placidly through the noise" was a quote that i once read and it stuck with me, I think if you can quiet your mind sometimes and take your thoughts away from conspiracies and dark places and look for something to help brighten your day, even for just a few minutes, I hope it will help you.
Conspiracies never enter the mind of some people and they don't like being shown those things and don't like the thought that some things are not in there control. You're better off talking to them about the mundane thinks in life, to help keep up good relationships.
I truly wish you all the best and hope things get better for you

I work outdoors
but i am considering animal type work maybe farm for a change as i tend to connect with animals very well to heal till i get that job ive been chasing and i love nature. I just find it hard to get a place around here where it is safe for me till I get back on my feet again.
I will be sticking around as everyone on here seem to be very intelligent and nice people and i d like to contribute some of my own threads when my head clears and I can think better

edit on 9-1-2018 by Translucentalitheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

Ignorant advice......hey a-hole, I aint the one homeless on ATS whining about being homeless & having my belongings stole......see you took what I said to heart, cause it pissed you off to hear the damn truth. ATS isn't the answer when your homeless & have no resources. You just want smoke blown up your wazoo so you feel better about your situation. I don't blow smoke up whiners wazoo. I notice each poster that had kind words for you got thanked and cyber hugs given....but I told you the truth and you got pissed off. Seeing thru you is like looking out my front window...clear as day.

Well it is your looking at the negatives straight away, then have the hide to say I have a phone, I find ways to charge it, I have some of what i have left of my savings.. I have it as the means to read and connect with people for support. Some people in society don't have the face to fave support at rough times. I never said my whole life was bad I've had it good just been alone in a sense of who I am. Yes you told me truth but I didn't get angry I told you the truth you were ignorant about it. It isn't whinging it is starring my position in life althen asking for advice. I'm pretty sure you knew that but again you seem to thrive of drama like most people cut off in my life for that reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I was homeless by choice for a while, just walking around the country and exploring places. I've had everything I own stolen more times than I can remember.

My advice: just let it go. Living that lifestyle it will happen, chances are more than one time. When you're outdoors and something like that happens, you can't dwell on it. The only thing you can do is pick yourself up and keep moving and find new stuff. That's going to be your job for the next week, finding whatever you need to survive.

Believe it or not, sometimes its for the best. You may come up on opportunities or better stuff when you're searching, especially if you're forced to search. Sometimes we need a good kick in the @$$ to get us motivated to look for something better. The best weapon you can have in this situaton is a positive outlook. As long as you can maintain that, you'll be ok. Try to laugh and talk to people. Open up, don't close off.

Hope that helps in some way.

I chose this because I need nature to heal not the hectic city life with everything around me distracting my thoughts and feelings.

Your a strong person too I see. But your right on that I need to look forward and not worry about it I still have me I geuss.

I find it hard to connect I'm a shy person especially in a new place

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I geuss in a way the universe is and I also have asked myself that question I've even gone to the lengths of constantly writing the goals and the needs and the means to be where I have to be its just the house type is hard I'm young and they kind of abit iffy on young ones getting houses or units so its abit hard on my end

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can relate to what you are saying about the healing properties of being in nature. I also find it therapeutic and unfortunately the weather lately has kept me housebound. I know, at least I have a roof but it is closing in and hope to get to the woods tomorrow or the next day. I feel closer to my loved ones there, the ones who have gone on.
I am truly sorry about your possessions. I like to think that perhaps 'I didn't really need them anyway", when I lose something, silly I know.
I hope for you continued strength on your journey, wherever it takes you and whatever it is showing you. For me, my journey continues.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I hope you ignored the bitter and angry nasty comments from openyourmind1262. They are obviously very unhappy about their lives and are only able to spew hate in every direction but especially to the vulnerable. Just know, their lives are more than probably much worse than yours.

I tried to thank you, but I just can't stand people like that who are obviously the unhappy ones. I enjoyed last night chatting away on here by the campfire and looking up at the stars I was still happy even though a bit upset about my belongings but like some people here said I have me and I got happyness and I still have hope

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yes well ive felt like nature has been calling me in a way to heal and the birds as you said its very thearupetic. But latley I've had all sorts of bugs and animals crossing my path birds I take it as my close ones are trying to keep my spirits up as animals tend to bring my happyness up.

I do hope you get out I can't stand staying onside a house for too long.
Thank you and I hope the same for you

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Haven't read through all of this thread, but....

First, there are likely some good programs where you are, to help you get back on your feet. You need to seek these out. You seem to have some basic computer skills. USE them to find these programs and get on them.

Second, with these computer skills, there are a VARIETY of work from home (or what you use as home, or through the programs, etc.) jobs where you don't have to interact with people much.

Third, ditch the whole conspiracy stuff....you have bigger fish to fry my friend. Big brother will do what they do, with or without your obsession. So why spend energy on it? Seems weird advice here, huh? But it's honest man.

Finally, good luck getting your life back together.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Come to think of it your too right with that, i need to put my energy in better things regardless what's happening, its just a side distraction for me as it interests me for afew reasons..

I have afew things next week and a course with part time work eventually so i can get a place and on my feet again then ill look into it. I've never thought of work from home i will deffinetly look into that one as crowds and conversations affect my head as weird as that sounds.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Just checking back to see you're still 'okay'.
Hope you can stay safe and warm.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Just checking back to see you're still 'okay'.
Hope you can stay safe and warm.

Hey sorry i just got this, im okay thank you. I found work part time for now. Im safe and warm still in the bush though but I'm safe.

Did you get out into the woods or is the weather still bad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join