It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had my last of my belongings stolen today. Yet I still hold hope with life's "tests"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Translucentalitheia

Take heart, you are right where you are supposed to be right now. Instead of trying to 'get it together', just consider your Immediate daily needs; a full belly, warm and dry, place to sleep.

This is the humble phase of your life. I was there, know what its like to return and find your meager belongings gone, to be shunned by the system and society, to be preyed upon by authorities and thieves.

Hang in there, take it day to day, this period of your life will eventually pass, too.

Be patient, life is life long.

You instantly give me hope with your great wisdom and knowing of the immediate needs then constant worries of the bigger things and remind me to take smaller steps this time before the next goals. You are right with that I will hold strength and hope aswell as constantly pursue employment again so im not confined to benifits as its my last resort they tend to lead you astray as I dont want to be homeless like this for long. Thank you

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
How are you homeless, Yet you maintain a computer or a smart phone......sounds like your woes are self induced. Post above me is simple "feel good shat" Life is damn short & damn hard. You are wasting your time being homeless. Before you know it your life is gonna be at it's end, your gonna look around and ask yourself " Where the hell did all my time go"...maybe a lil voice say's in your ear """" "You wasted it feeling sorry for yourself"...life is what YOU make it. It's not a guarantee in birth that all will be #s & giggles your entire life. Life...it's hard, it's unfair, but it's yours to take to the top or lie around in the shadows and waste it. It's on you . No one else. My best advice is as follows.....Life is damn hard, get a really good helmet.
edit on 9-1-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
You are where you are for a reason, and, its not necessarily a bad one. It just feels that way at the moment. You have your gift of life. This may very well be a lesson in humility. Look for employment if possible, and take what you can get. I had 3 jobs when I was homeless on Maui. I pulled myself up by my boot straps, and you will too!
You will look back on this time someday and understand what it is all about. Be safe!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Most Welcome.

Let life happen, it will if we adapt to it.

The hardest thing I had to face was the conditioning we are failing if we are not producing, earning, accruing money and stuff. You learn the futility of that when you have little and others take even that, lol.

You don't need much right now, travel light, carry it with you. Keep looking like you say you are, you will be amazed at times how your simple needs get met. When your time in these 'life' trenches is done the rescue will appear as if from nowhere.

edit on 9-1-2018 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I'm sorry if you interpreted my post wrong, but I dont feel sorry myself and you learn ways on doing things , thanks for your ignorant advice

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
You are where you are for a reason, and, its not necessarily a bad one. It just feels that way at the moment. You have your gift of life. This may very well be a lesson in humility. Look for employment if possible, and take what you can get. I had 3 jobs when I was homeless on Maui. I pulled myself up by my boot straps, and you will too!
You will look back on this time someday and understand what it is all about. Be safe!

Ive always been employed but as I moved I am ln search ATM and cosnstanly applying and searching including willingness to take ones that I'm not qualified for till I get my main one. Wow thats impressive ive had 3 too one of same job different company though other one was a TA before I moved. I always make sure I'm safe thank you

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I do recall what you state with needs getting met and certainly do hope so. I also try keep my hygeine up and well being I just hope its sometime soon I find an opportunity in life like previous past times life goes as usual I geuss.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Sometimes with that kind of help, it's a very long road and things will seem to be worse before they get better because every person is different and needs a different solution. Sometimes, the right one has to be found by a process of trial and error to discover what works and what doesn't.

It's hard and messy and will seem to be worse than the disease itself.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I know you feel alone-especially inside your head. You feel misunderstood when you think you are trying to be kind to others and that makes you feel very vulnerable.

You are at a place in your life where you need good friends, trusting friends and good counsel. Believe me, although having never been homeless, we have all felt vulnerable and hurt by those around us.

You need a safe, soft pillow, so to speak, to rest your head, mind and soul and don't be ashamed to accept such at this time.

Time to heal and soften your wounds. So sorry you are at this place but please remember; you are not alone. There are kind souls in this world of yours who do care and want to help; find them and ask them. No shame here and best wishes.

Thank you for your kind words, I must admit I do feel a tad vulnerable atm, but I will rest soon when I can wind down and get comfortable

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Are you writing my biography? you just described my entire life, and I'm not kidding.

You want a life tip? fun. Do or see whatever it is that makes you laugh. For instance super gluing a coin to the sidewalk and watching people try to pick the coin up works over and over again. Sometimes If someone walks past me down the street I feel like walking up to a street sign and asking it for directions just to see the look on peoples faces.

Jump on the crazy train because it's a mad world.
edit on 9-1-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Here is what I have discovered.

People like us dont have a rock bottom. We can just keep going because we no longer feel pain. It doesnt hurt to hurt if that makes sense.

There is a strength and a danger there. The strength is obvious, the danger is an addiction to suffering.

It sounds absurd but its not really. We have too many options and go crazy.

I would do what worked for me. Dedicate yourself to work, family and self development.

I have distanced myself from friends and far removed relatives.

All my energy goes to these 3 things. I suffer my hard work, the tedious detail oriented family tasks like doing homework or helping with chores.

In self development I indulge, fast, train, rest. What ever I need in life so as to keep a balance.

The work and family are like God. I try to only act with tried discipline and tempered character when it comes to that, though I fail at times.

Personal development I leave open. It can be like an adrenaline pumping drill instructor or a pot smoking hippie buddy.

Lastly, try not to get too used to homelessness. The end result will be a mastery of street survival and a societal withdrawal that can take great effort to overcome.

Good luck sir.
Hold it down.

edit on 1 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Not sure I can give you any advice that is worth taking, as I've never been in a position close to the one you're in currently. But I look at life a bit differently than other people I know, so take the following words or reject them...they're just words.

Stuff is just stuff. Stuff can be replaced.

Whether you are homeless by choice or by circumstance, your physical security is more important than stuff.

If the professional counseling you have received has not been helpful, perhaps try different counselors, different programs, different approaches. At the very least, find someone that will listen to you and try to understand your viewpoint.

I wish you luck and all the best.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Ummm...I've been there...well not...quite...there...I still had my 68 Beetle that I lived out of...and clothing etc...

I worked a lot of temp jobs during that time...slept in shelters when the Bug got too cramped...(I only had the drivers seat no passengers seat or back seat so used a ground cushion under a sleeping bag)

What I found helped the most was meeting other down and out people...volunteering at the shelters...but mostly what helped was meditation...

People often say..."I can't meditate...I can't get my mind to quiet down enough"...I just respond with a question...
"Who's mind is it that refuses to quiet"...?
The I go on to explain...That is...your mind...your body...your self...
Claim it...If you've handed the reigns over to worry or doubt or substance abuse...then take charge...
Tell that unquiet mind to sit the hell down and shut the hell up...then just breathe...realize that breath you intake may have been breathed before by another...think about that for awhile...

The I...the self...the "animating factor" as well as the body house is yours...take charge of it...then expand that matrix to include situation...
Own the self...own the body...own the decisions you make...

Everything boils down to choice my friend...it really is as simplistic as that...

Be well...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hey there! Sorry to hear you've had such a rough go lately.

Mind if I give you some words to think on?

The following quote really helped me through a rough time last year. At first the quote confused me, but then I felt I had a grasp on what these words truly meant:

"A wise man loses nothing if he but save himself. " - Michael De Montaigne

We all have goods, possessions, and loved ones. When you arrange It so that your happiness is not dependent upon those things or those people but upon yourself solely, then when you experience an important loss or all of these things should be eventually taken from you, it will not feel so destructive in your life.

Your items were your items, and it was wrong for someone else to violate your privacy and your space and take those things from you- but those things don't define you no matter how much you may have loved or needed them.

They can never take what makes you, you- and that is a true beauty.

I wish you the very best with your expeditions/travels in life. I hope you are able to stick around on ATS as well!

-Alee

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Ignorant advice......hey a-hole, I aint the one homeless on ATS whining about being homeless & having my belongings stole......see you took what I said to heart, cause it pissed you off to hear the damn truth. ATS isn't the answer when your homeless & have no resources. You just want smoke blown up your wazoo so you feel better about your situation. I don't blow smoke up whiners wazoo. I notice each poster that had kind words for you got thanked and cyber hugs given....but I told you the truth and you got pissed off. Seeing thru you is like looking out my front window...clear as day.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

My thoughts are with you, and I hope you find a job where you are appreciated. Maybe try looking for work that's outdoors? As you seem adapt at taking care of yourself in extreme circumstances.
"Go placidly through the noise" was a quote that i once read and it stuck with me, I think if you can quiet your mind sometimes and take your thoughts away from conspiracies and dark places and look for something to help brighten your day, even for just a few minutes, I hope it will help you.
Conspiracies never enter the mind of some people and they don't like being shown those things and don't like the thought that some things are not in there control. You're better off talking to them about the mundane thinks in life, to help keep up good relationships.
I truly wish you all the best and hope things get better for you

edit on 9-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

Ignorant advice......hey a-hole, I aint the one homeless on ATS whining about being homeless & having my belongings stole......see you took what I said to heart, cause it pissed you off to hear the damn truth. ATS isn't the answer when your homeless & have no resources. You just want smoke blown up your wazoo so you feel better about your situation. I don't blow smoke up whiners wazoo. I notice each poster that had kind words for you got thanked and cyber hugs given....but I told you the truth and you got pissed off. Seeing thru you is like looking out my front window...clear as day.

Sometimes people just want to know that they are not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes. I agree with you that this persons time is better spent trying to reorganize there life, but sometimes people just want to hear/read that there is some compassion out there. We've all been down on our luck to one extent or another, lets hope someone is there for you if ever you need it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I was homeless by choice for a while, just walking around the country and exploring places. I've had everything I own stolen more times than I can remember.

My advice: just let it go. Living that lifestyle it will happen, chances are more than one time. When you're outdoors and something like that happens, you can't dwell on it. The only thing you can do is pick yourself up and keep moving and find new stuff. That's going to be your job for the next week, finding whatever you need to survive.

Believe it or not, sometimes its for the best. You may come up on opportunities or better stuff when you're searching, especially if you're forced to search. Sometimes we need a good kick in the @$$ to get us motivated to look for something better. The best weapon you can have in this situaton is a positive outlook. As long as you can maintain that, you'll be ok. Try to laugh and talk to people. Open up, don't close off.

Hope that helps in some way.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

In 2012, I lost almost all of my possessions and became homeless. Probably the lowest point in my life to date. Was able to get somewhat back on my feet for a little while, but in 2014, circumstances again forced me into homelessness and resulted in me losing what few possessions I had left, and the only viable option I had left was to move 1500+ miles away from my current location and start over again.

I got my life back in order after a bit of a struggle, and was doing OK for a while...had a good job, was starting a side business, made a few friends...and then once again, circumstances arose that made it necessary for me to move again, this time back home. And, once again I had to leave the vast majority of my possessions behind.

Sometimes, the Universe is trying to tell us something. I won't bore you with my whole story, but it occurred to me that after the third time of having to surrender everything I had worked so hard for to its own fate and walk away, that maybe I was being shown a deeper meaning in all of this. It turns out that I indeed was being shown something, and it took being smacked down three separate times for me to finally seek it out.

You might want to ask yourself if the Universe is trying to tell you something. Hardship is often opportunity in disguise. That is the truth. But we have to seek it out. That requires facing unpleasant truths about our own behavior and choices, and a lot of people aren't willing to do that. We are always perceiving things as being done to us by something or someone outside of ourselves, but that is not the actual truth at all, and that mentality turns us into perpetual victims, whether we realize it or not.

The fact is, if your situation is undesirable, you have the power to change it. You may not like the options that are available to you, but you do indeed have options.

My options were remain stuck, homeless, victimized and alone...or move forward and seek out the answers to why things happened the way they did. Neither of those choices were what I wanted...but I did indeed have a choice.

You're being given options, and the very best thing you can do for yourself is honestly examine your options. Even the ones that scare you or that you aren't happy about. And instead of seeking answers from things outside yourself, out of your immediate power to control, look inside. Ask yourself how your own choices led you to your present situation. And be honest...the best thing about looking within is that no one else has a say in it. It's just between you, and you.

I do wish you the very best outcome. It is always the darkest just before the dawn. But you have the power to change your stars. You are the master of your sea. All you have to do is choose your path and step firmly onto it. Blessed Be.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I am truly sorry, May God watch over you and help you.
This is one of those thing's were I am powerless to do anything but really feel bad for what you have suffered, I wish you the best and pray that you find shelter, safety and a job you can be happy in as well as a loving community.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join