It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TED Talk: Why I Believe in UFOs, And You Should, too

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The video below contains nothing Earth shattering or even new to any reader here. Yet, I believe it is very useful and quite good for showing your "skeptic" friends, because it's done by a skeptic who dropped his skepticism while researching for a book. Something I can very much relate to as it is what brought me here and how I came to know as much as I do.

For those unfamiliar with TED Talks, they are highly intellectual talks given around the country on just about any subject that can be researched, quantum physics, new math findings, computers, genetics, and they'll get wild and have a pilot talk about all that goes into a flight, or just have a comedian.

The binding tie is the highly intellectual audience and speakers.

All talks are about 20 minutes, and obviously an overview of their research, a basic intro.

The talk is given by the author of Facebook and many others that you will recognize.

It is merely 10 minutes, but one can see that by the end, his audience of professors, doctors, lawyers and such are very receptive and enthusiastic.

This is my first thread, so blast me gently.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

edit on 6-1-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

When embedding a YouTube video use only this part --------> urKhVssiygA

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23021304]whywhyno]

Dam.

Of course it doesn't work. Why would my first thread work?

I'm sorry y'all. But I very much appreciate project posting it.

Thank you, I thought I had done it well, I will have to check on what I did wrong. But, it seemed like there was no way to check it until after I posted it. And, at least at first, it looked ok.

Dunno, but thanks for letting me know ....nicely.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

And then I posted the response within that box thingy!!!

I swear I am not THAT inept.

Usually.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

When embedding a YouTube video use only this part --------> urKhVssiygA

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

If you hit the quote button on my post it quotes all of my text, including the bbcode for the youtube video.

Look for the [yvid ] tags.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Those are sons of God from elsewhere. They landed on mount Hermon. Possibly 200 of them. It has all been recorded in History. Many have bad intentions. Don't be fooled. Their DNA trickles through most of our veins. They are here now.
edit on 7-1-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
That guy is a wonderful sense of humour. Definitly the first UFO video I ever enjoyed.

Don't stress about thread issues, it's all a learning curve.

edit on 7-1-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog
The video below contains nothing Earth shattering or even new to any reader here. Yet, I believe it is very useful and quite good for showing your "skeptic" friends, because it's done by a skeptic who dropped his skepticism while researching for a book. Something I can very much relate to as it is what brought me here and how I came to know as much as I do.

Not interested in "TED Talks" but I'm reacting to your sentence "a skeptic who dropped his skepticism ..." No such person! I'm a skeptic. Born one, still one and I'll die one.

Skeptic: a person inclined to question or doubt all accepted opinions.

You have skeptics and you have believers. A skeptic is driven by a necessity for irrefutable evidence of alleged claims. When such is provided, the skeptic moves on to the next claim. Irrefutable evidence doesn't cancel skepticism, it reinforces it. I'm a skeptic but not of UFOs as I've had more than my share of sightings.

I am skeptical of alleged claims of anything connected with extra-terrestrials and abductions.

Read my signature.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
He has a book out as well but the reviews on Amazon and else where are not good...

I just finished reading it and was surprised that it is possibly the worst UFO book I have ever read (even worse than some of the most exploitative paperbacks from the 70s and 80s because at least they are fun to read). The subject - UFO hunter Chuck Zukowski - does not come across as even remotely interesting in the book...

Worst of all, the last few pages of the book are almost an insult to the reader, featuring blacked out or redacted words and phrases that make the book's supposedly exciting climactic scene into an incomprehensible mess. There is no explanation for why these pages are partially blacked out. They seem to imply that cattle mutilations are the work of Bigelow Aerospace employees using top secret craft - a charge that, if true, would put Bigelow on the hook for millions of dollars in damages from cattle owners over the past few decades. A pretty reckless accusation if not true.

One of the Worst UFO Books I Have Ever Read

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This video is garbage is more of a reason why no one takes this phenomena seriously anymore.

Most of what the speaker says is outright lies, unfactual, no true proof to his empty words.

It's just a guy talking. He even opens by basically stating his career as a writer was a fail. I can only imagine the desperate steps he has taken to convince himself he is somehow "in the know".

Imho this video is bad substance for the ufo world, kind of like Tom Delong, Steven Greer, ancient aliens and all the other #e out there pretending to be in the know and offer nothing true or real to the conversation but light entertainment.

Why is this thread flagged and starred So much. The TED talk was a joke.

And I've been a believer since I was a child.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I don't think these talks are meant to convince anyone. Like you said it's just a guy talking, although I missed the part where he claims he's in the know.

Point out anyone discussing ufos who has brought true proof to their empty words

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Why I believe in lights in the sky and daytime discs?

What a maroon.

People! There are no non-terrestrials in real time, coming here, and there never will be. For all intents, we are alone in our local area of the Universe. Cherish your time here.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper

Not interested in "TED Talks" but I'm reacting to your sentence "a skeptic who dropped his skepticism ..." No such person! I'm a skeptic. Born one, still one and I'll die one.

Are you really sure you are a skeptic?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
And now I'm going down the rabbit hole, or should I say tunnel of the 37th parallel.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grrueltyhail man

I like you already....glad to know ya grruelty

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

It is TEDx, not TED.
Don't worry, the TED censors will probably take it down if it gets too popular, just like they did with Rupert Sheldrake's video (and censored Russell Targ).

On a semantic note, only a complete moron doesn't believe in UFO.s

UFO still stands for Unidentified Flying Object.

Is somebody really claiming that everything that flies out there, at all times, is identified.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

t is merely 10 minutes, but one can see that by the end, his audience of professors, doctors, lawyers and such are very receptive and enthusiastic.

Thank you for sharing! It was worth the watch with my morning coffee

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Lathroper

Are you really sure you are a skeptic?

Why do you doubt me? Be specific. Have you created a qualifying criteria that I can respond to? You sound as if you want to start a flame war in which I won't participate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join