It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - A British observer's view

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+104 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Plain and simple Trump is doing wonders for America. He is being a quite ruthless businessman and no doubt it is working. The DOW is breaking records and this knock on effect is happening in the FTSE in Britain. Economically, his "genius" is evident. The U.S is being constantly debated by just about the whole world now. Trump is America's greatest export and a treasure trove to even the MSM (though they hate him).

America, he is right when he says that there has been less terrorist events since he took office. I don't think he plays control games with his own people like that. ISIS have been crushed under Trump's watch. Pakistan are eating humble pie. Something is working, crossed fingers, touch wood!

I am a guy who values freedom. I am not at all racist. There is stuff that I still dislike about the Republican ethos, but no doubt America is going to come out stronger with Trump than it did with Obama. Obama had a weird agenda. He was all "rainbows" and a very "showy" guy. I respect Obama, but his style was not at all my English "cup of tea". I like Trump's "Fire and Fury". I even catch myself laughing at the kitchen sink when I am doing the dishes about stuff he has done or said. It is very amusing and entertaining without trying to be.

I love the way he plays the media. It is so cool that he has the people behind him and the media have sunk to lowest of the low (where they belong). I can hardly read the Guardian these days without puking. Take a look at its front page today and all the liberal political correctness BS that is going down there. They are in the past. They are flogging a dead horse and it looks so darned silly to my eyes. Look how they play with "race" and "gender". It is disgusting. If I was black I would despise the Guardian's shallowness and using of issues so shamelessly. It is revolting:

www.theguardian.com...

Don't worry, Mr President. That book is just more amusement. I think even more of you now. President Trump has the momentum. The future likes him. Strong America likes him. I always knew he would be good fo business. America AND the free world will come out stronger. He is doing something right. Obama was losing America so much economically with all his red tape and obstacles. It is only short term, but American needs this steroid injection of Trump and so does the free world to maintain its BITE.

I am a great appreciator of America and its diversity. I actually CARE about America. I feel a lot easier about the free world with Trump freeing everything up for a while. Sometimes you just gotta do what needs to be done. I was getting very worried when Obama was at the helm. He was a liberal extremist. Making the White House light up with pretty colours is not real life to the hard working majority and those who have families to raise.

Go strong, President Trump. At least you are real. I can identify with his craziness. Seems the majority of Americans can, too.

edit on 6-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You have to be one of the few British people to fly the flag for President Trump

Fair enough, that’s your opinion

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thank you!
Always nice to hear from another viewpoint. I think you are in the minority though, brave of you to speak out.
Sadly we are very divided over here. I am at University daily and the majority of people there have lost their minds over this and cannot hear about anything without blaming and bad mouthing Trump. My own friends become quite vicious when the topic comes up.. it's crazy.
I'm not happy about everything he's done but, I agree, he is cleaning up things that needed fixed for a long time. and ( I don't have the statistics) but I do think the world is slowly becoming a safer place.

ps.. on racism topic I've never been a racist. I never 'saw' color but you wouldn't believe how that label has been thrown around the last year. In fact, the college came to take pictures where I work and I was told to not be in the pics because .."'I wasn't ethnic enough..' (I am white) how is that not racist? They just do not see the double standard lol

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Don't worry..One of his fellow Brits will show up soon to deride everything Trump and show us the other side of the coin.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Did you, at the time they told you not to be in the pic, tell them you thought it was racist, or did you just step out of the photo? If you didn't speak up, why not? Seems you might be part of the problem. Next time, grab a little courage, and speak up. Or is it easier to do it on ATS after the fact?

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Seeing Trump from the point of view of another Englishman.

I like his passion, his fire for his country. His will to do things a little different. If you say something against America, Trump will stand up and defend you. That's what you want from a leader isn't it?

I'll admit laughing everytime I hear he has tweeted something that offends people. He knows this happens. That's why he does it. He isn't as stupid as people think he is.

I wish we had a leader with the balls Trump has. Our Prime Minister couldn't run a bath, let alone a country.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Oooo another case of Othersideofthecoin derangement syndrome....

Nope Trump like all of them in power at the mo left right or whatever should hang.
We need to start again....show the next lot of leaders they work for us not themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I bet your trump also finds himself laughing at the the kitchen sink, the kettle, the washing machine, the tumble dryer, the fridge etc...Because he's #ing mental.

+40 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Great post. My german perspective is not much different than yours but Obama is just a wannabe actor who was made president just for show and i hope he will be exposed as a fraud in the near future. I would trade Merkel for Trump any day of the week.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
You have to be one of the few British people to fly the flag for President Trump

Fair enough, that’s your opinion

You would be very surprised by the amount of British people that like Trump and what he has achieved. He is very popular among the police and armed forces and as was pointed out, UK businesses are benefiting from US prosperity.

It's pretty much the same in the UK as it is in the US n that it's the freak/weirdo/ weakling liberal/loser/dipsh1t alliance that dislike him, and the strong and self reliant winners that support him.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

lol. Hardly. But it's very informative to see who jumps to defend him.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well said OP. I worry about the stupid narative being pushed that we are all anti Trump over here, its a load of hogwash.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Actually my boss told me after the fact, he asked me to go set up something and explained later. I did tell him that was the most racist thing I'd heard lately. I don't get personally offended by other people's hang ups about skin color. It's just weird how people can say things so easily without applying the thoughts to what they themselves are saying. Recent example- my nephew went on a rant about population and babies.. I finally said- "Says the guy who's had 3 children" and he was shocked--lol

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So far he is doing more for his country than airhead Trudeau for Canada!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
I'm not happy about everything he's done but, I agree, he is cleaning up things that needed fixed for a long time. and ( I don't have the statistics) but I do think the world is slowly becoming a safer place.

Where have you been the last year???
On which other world in which other universe, dimension or whatever?

Or is it the glasses, can i have some of these rose- or blue-white-red colored glasses?
I want to see the world too, that got safer under the Trump SA!

edit on 6 1 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: Starcrossd

Where have you been the last year???
On which other world in which other universe, dimension or whatever?

Or is it the glasses, can i have some of these rose- or blue-white-red colored glasses?
I want to see the world too, that got safer under the Trump SA!

Counter question. What has Merkel done for us? Trump at least cares about the american people. Obama dragged his feet to crush Daesh then Trump comes along and they are now almost gone. Granted he received help from Russia and Syria but that begs the question why Obama didn't do the same in the first place. False pride or something far more sinister? I guess we will find out.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You sir are in the majority. A small vocal group with soiled laundry rub their skidmarks across the interwebs to appear numerous when they are nothing compared to the silent majority of normal everyday people living their lives who appreciates leadership that places their contributions to the economy above Ponzi scheme causes and Globalists.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The standard view from the UK is actually that Trump is an unstable, narcissistic, bloviating, sexist, racist, asshat. The OP has, to use American parlance, drunk the coolaid.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

The standard view from the UK is actually that Trump is an unstable, narcissistic, bloviating, sexist, racist, asshat. The OP has, to use American parlance, drunk the coolaid.

Yes, he has. You've drunk the vinegar....

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Yes, he has. You've drunk the vinegar....

Us brits like our vinigar, especially when served on chips (fries for you funny talking yanks).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join