It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Detroit restaurants positive for hepatitis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just keeps getting better and better for Detroit.
They are approaching third world country status.

"The Detroit area is dealing with a significant Hepatitis A outbreak. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) reports 630 known cases in Southeast Michigan in 2017, twenty of them resulting in death. There were 150 cases diagnosed in the city of Detroit alone last year"

pjmedia.com...

This after San Francisco had issues last year.

www.npr.org...

Best watch your butts out there......
Things are getting interesting.

Sanitation issues?
Lifestyle issues?
Opinions ATS?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So far as I know, California never really has gotten their issues under control.

So the question becomes who gave it to whom and why would anyone from SoCal go to Detroit?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Just keeps getting better and better for Detroit.
They are approaching third world country status.

"The Detroit area is dealing with a significant Hepatitis A outbreak. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) reports 630 known cases in Southeast Michigan in 2017, twenty of them resulting in death. There were 150 cases diagnosed in the city of Detroit alone last year"

pjmedia.com...

This after San Francisco had issues last year.

www.npr.org...

Best watch your butts out there......
Things are getting interesting.

Sanitation issues?
Lifestyle issues?
Opinions ATS?

It is an obvious sanitation issue.
Lifestyle? With hepatitis A, not so much... it is more easily spread.

link   
That's just gross.. Detroit is long overdue to be erased and rebuilt. Easier said than done.
edit on 5-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Possibly not related.
Are they able to identify different strains of hep a?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
when you read this, you were like cha-ching..
are you happy to hear this news so you can marginalize some groups or feel better inside.

how exactly are things getting better with illness and death possibly onto unsuspected individuals just living their lives?

or what point did you deduce from the article and want to discuss?

i wonder what opinions you are really hoping to hear. (though i have a hunch).

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

May not be, but I know in Cali they have a massive sanitation issue that's keeping them from getting it under control. Third world indeed.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Seems like a lot of deaths for Hepatitis A:

Hepatitis A is a highly contagious liver infection caused by the hepatitis A virus. The virus is one of several types of hepatitis viruses that cause inflammation and affect your liver's ability to function. You're most likely to get hepatitis A from contaminated food or water or from close contact with a person or object that's infected. Mild cases of hepatitis A don't require treatment. Most people who are infected recover completely with no permanent liver damage. Practicing good hygiene, including washing hands frequently, is one of the best ways to protect against hepatitis A. Vaccines are available for people most at risk.

Mayo Clinic

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I was vaccinated once for Hep A after a cook at the summer camp I went to came down with it. Every kid had to get a shot and go under voluntary quarantine for 60 days (no sharing food/drink, etc.).

Generally, it is easily contained by normal conditions. Widespread outbreaks signal a breakdown in what we call normal conditions.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I’m am horrified to go out and eat now. There are only a few places I will go.

What I have witnessed are workers who do not wear gloves, wash hands properly, cough or sneeze into their arm (not hands), or just stay home when your sick.

I once worked with a woman at an elementary school who would come in with pneumonia. Of course, we would all end up sick as well. She didn’t need the money, she was retired, owned her home and a vacation home. The only time she would take off was when she had a cruise booked.

A real dirty bird.

What did the Bible say about pestilence?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I was thinking that I live less than a 100 miles from Detroit and go there to the airport.
That makes the condition of their food service industry a concern on a personal level.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Crowded inner cities, poor living conditions, lack of diligence of employers, yeah.

I'd agree that in many parts of our nation we are seeing third world conditions.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

My guess.......contamination via aged infrastructure. But yea, the US is seeing more and more of these 3rd world pockets pop up. Neglect is probably the driving factor.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UpsideDownWorld

Too big, too much to erase. Its a big place. Big factories. Big houses. It shouldnt have been let go of. Bigly.

The industrialist city planners shouldnt have made it so hard to go anywhere absent a car. The CIA shouldnt have triggered the 60's-70's heroin epidemic and 80's crack epidemic. The police shouldnt have been so brutal. Ford, Coleman YOung shouldnt have been such racists. The whites & blacks shouldnt have been so racist. The mayors shouldnt have been so corrupt. Liberal policies shouldnt have been so absolute. The unions shouldnt have been so backwards, supremacist and lazy. The automakers shouldnt have been dinosaur. DC shouldnt be so busted. NAFTA shouldnt have happened. A nation so big shouldnt be so beholden to one sized fit all approaches with only "Two Party's". And people shouldnt be so lazy (they never cleaned up certain spots up there after the 68' riots for example was the impression I'd get). The economic system shouldnt redistribute all the wealth only vertical upwards but not horizontal. The bankers shouldnt be allowed to OWN US they way they've workered it all out.

Etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Tell the planners of the city of Detroit that was built by cars to build a city not dependent on cars?

Bet that would have went over well....lol

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well its was the automakers themselves that took the reigns of the city planning.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hygiene Issues.

Hepatitis A is transmitted via blood, feces and sperm.

So, a chef who does not clean his hands, some feces left under the fingernails, he prepares food and voilà.

The nasty thing about Hepatitis A is, that from the moment of infection to the outbreak of the disease it takes about 6 months. So the staff could spread the virus for 6 months without knowing it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It must be an educational failure. You point out poverty and all sorts of excuses but truth be, it costs nothing to clean your environment and be a vigilant clean cook in a clean kitchen. Unless of course you don't know about these things or you don't believe in them, which is due to lack of education.

It also costs nothing to stay crime free and lead a decent life, even if you are poor. Cleanliness, knowledge and integrity are lacking and everyone in the world is free to use them, unless you don't and end up in a mess.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Nasty disease, kinda scary that Michigan is being affected.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Hygiene Issues.

Hepatitis A is transmitted via blood, feces and sperm.

So, a chef who does not clean his hands, some feces left under the fingernails, he prepares food and voilà.

The nasty thing about Hepatitis A is, that from the moment of infection to the outbreak of the disease it takes about 6 months. So the staff could spread the virus for 6 months without knowing it.

Worse than that, he could spread it to not just other cooks chefs waitstaff, but the whole damn restaurant too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join