It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Eh. Kids are bored. They need to do something to keep themselves entertained since you can't go to the mall and shoplift anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I really don't care. But I think before we all claim it is safe, I would like to see some long term studies on cloud chasing.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Eh. Kids are bored. They need to do something to keep themselves entertained since you can't go to the mall and shoplift anymore.

Yup, kids now a days. Why can't they do like we did and spend their free time killing small animals, rigging them up with fishing line, and doing a dead animal puppet rendition of white christmas for the old folks down at the retirement home.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Are you planning on vaping?

Why should you care? Why do you feel it necessary to get in other people's lives?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I don't plan on per taking in auto erotic asphyxiation, but I have an opinion on that too.

edit on 4-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Yup, kids now a days. Why can't they do like we did and spend their free time killing small animals, rigging them up with fishing line, and doing a dead animal puppet rendition of white christmas for the old folks down at the retirement home.

"Things I Did as a Kid that Kids Now Think Are Stupid / Weird" sounds like a Buzzfeed article. Do kids still climb and build treehouses? Or has that activity been co-opted and over-commercialized by Big Treehouse?

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I don't plan on auto erotic asphyxiation, but I have an opinion on that too.

AEA is harmless, give it a go.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

not directly no my point was its seems silly how a person can sit quite happy
in a venue filled with "smoke" and yet moan if a vape users stray cloud blows across their
path out on the street when chemically its identical and any nicotine content in the vapor
in free air is not much more than at trace levels.

it smacks as double standards.

saying that even as one of those cloud chucking loon's myself it does irritate me when other users
are in considerate of others i always restrict my own use when im in the vicinity of non vapors.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Im fighting the urge to punch my monitor after reading this (again). Im shocked it made it to ATS.

Let me dispel the myth: I drip. Its not dangerous. the biggest danger is someone using a mech mod that is unregulated, and not knowing ohms law. Most folks don't use mechs.

The "self feed" you are referring to is known as a "squonk", and essentially allows you to not have to drip juice onto the cotton, spilling/overfilling your RDA, by squeezing juice up through a juice hose out of a soft bottle.

The nicotine...if you drip more than 3mg nic, its likely to make you choke out. Nicotine is harsh. And dripping will supply a larger cloud of vape, making the nicotine burn your throat. I just got a 240ml order replaced by my vendor because it was more yellow than it should have been (indicating nic oxidation), and was quite harsh. You don't really get a buzz from it...you just get nic sick and feel nauseated.

I can trot out the study proving that vaping is safe. Proving that its FAR safer than smoking. I can also quote the chemical analysis showing that acetyl is higher in cigarettes by a factor of 300, or that the acetylaldehyde/formaldehyde doesn't actually form in vaping devices that are cleaned at least 2 times a year (simply rinsing out).

The article you quote is 100% horsecrap. To the poster to says it causes cervical cancer...prove it. Please give me just 1 case in any medical journal showing the link between vaping and any disease process, short of trauma from people who misuse their hardware.

I've vaped for a couple of years. I build my own stuff. I've read the study done by the UK government. If you have questions, ask. If you'd like to see actual medical studies, read:

www.gov.uk...

Key findings of the review include:

the current best estimate is that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful than smoking
nearly half the population (44.8%) don’t realise e-cigarettes are much less harmful than smoking
there is no evidence so far that e-cigarettes are acting as a route into smoking for children or non-smokers

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

noted

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for that you managed to express just what i also wanted to get across
in a far more eloquent way star for you

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Both dripping and wicking (the way the devices are designed) puts the e-juice on the coil. Sub-ohm and multiple coils to make huge clouds isn't rally the same and this story smells of propaganda.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: MisterSpock

Which I think is great. I just find it foolish for someone (not aimed at you)to continue to use it for years afterward, while sinking a bunch of money in it and looking like a jackass. All the while claiming it to be "harmless".

How about me, a guy who loved smoking (Yes, some people actually LIKE smoking!!!!!!) who switched to vaping 6 years ago. To me it is the ultimate in compromise, harm reduction if you will. And if judgemental jackasses think I look "like a jackass" I will take it as a compliment.

Ive done my research, am satisfied with my findings, and will continue to vape until I decide not to.

And whoever keeps babbling about popcorn lung, this has been known in the vaping community for years. The source of it was chinese ejuice, bought cheaply over the internet. The companies I buy liquid from are all local, and even submit samples to an independant testing lab to test for things like diacetyl. The community is much more involved than most realize. Vendors who look after their customers. Such a simple concept.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im fighting the urge to punch my monitor after reading this (again). Im shocked it made it to ATS.

Let me dispel the myth: I drip. Its not dangerous. the biggest danger is someone using a mech mod that is unregulated, and not knowing ohms law. Most folks don't use mechs.

The "self feed" you are referring to is known as a "squonk", and essentially allows you to not have to drip juice onto the cotton, spilling/overfilling your RDA, by squeezing juice up through a juice hose out of a soft bottle.

The nicotine...if you drip more than 3mg nic, its likely to make you choke out. Nicotine is harsh. And dripping will supply a larger cloud of vape, making the nicotine burn your throat. I just got a 240ml order replaced by my vendor because it was more yellow than it should have been (indicating nic oxidation), and was quite harsh. You don't really get a buzz from it...you just get nic sick and feel nauseated.

I can trot out the study proving that vaping is safe. Proving that its FAR safer than smoking. I can also quote the chemical analysis showing that acetyl is higher in cigarettes by a factor of 300, or that the acetylaldehyde/formaldehyde doesn't actually form in vaping devices that are cleaned at least 2 times a year (simply rinsing out).

The article you quote is 100% horsecrap. To the poster to says it causes cervical cancer...prove it. Please give me just 1 case in any medical journal showing the link between vaping and any disease process, short of trauma from people who misuse their hardware.

I've vaped for a couple of years. I build my own stuff. I've read the study done by the UK government. If you have questions, ask. If you'd like to see actual medical studies, read:

www.gov.uk...

the current best estimate is that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful than smoking
nearly half the population (44.8%) don’t realise e-cigarettes are much less harmful than smoking
there is no evidence so far that e-cigarettes are acting as a route into smoking for children or non-smokers

I think some people get hung up on the words that get thrown around.

"not dangerous"

"safe"

and then linked studies that show them as being a percentage of harm related to smoking. If it's 95% less harmful, the remaining 5% indicates that it is, in fact, neither "safe" nor "harmless". It entails some degree of effect, over and above not using it. I think that's the difference, it depends if you are looking at it from a standpoint of cigarette use, or non usage of any similar product.

It will continue to lead to confusion, i'm sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: MisterSpock

OK, gotcha!

However life is a risk, GMO food, air pollution, chemicals in your new carpet, furniture, you name it SOMETHING around you isn't good for you.

I was going to compare it to all the various and 100x stronger drugs the kids are snarfling like pez or huffing, but ok....not doing any of it works. Most of the people I know who're Vaping are trying to get off cigs without Chantix or other methods.

Which I think is great. I just find it foolish for someone (not aimed at you)to continue to use it for years afterward, while sinking a bunch of money in it and looking like a jackass. All the while claiming it to be "harmless".

Why are you so obsessed with what consenting and free adults choose to do with their bodies, with their resources, in their own home and/or vehicle?

Do you hate freedom?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

To the poster to says it causes cervical cancer...prove it.

Its a joke. Causes cervial cancer in males. Means vaping turns us into women. I swear I had a dozen friends send the same photo with this via text message.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The only bad thing I see from vaping is the Sucralose some manufacturers use. I myself use Monkfruit to sweeten vape juice that I make. My body showed me the difference it made 2 weeks after switching to vaping. A ton of miss information out there. On purpose of course. FDA is pretty much handing the Vape industry to Big Tobacco. Tax money is drying up from cigarette sales. It's never about the children. It never is. Did you know Big Tobacco had patents for these vape devices in the 20's?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Popcorn Lung: A Dangerous Risk of Flavored E-Cigarettes

When inhaled, diacetyl causes bronchiolitis obliterans - more commonly referred to as "popcorn lung" - a scarring of the tiny air sacs in the lungs resulting in the thickening and narrowing of the airways. While the name "popcorn lung" may not sound like a threat, it's a serious lung disease that causes coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath, similar to the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

LINK

Believe me it isn't healthy by any means.

Jesus Freaking Christ....

There is not a single case of popcorn lung caused by anything other than people working in a popcorn factory or eating copious amounts of microwave popcorn.

Diacetyl is in some vape juice. Its in quantities that are microscopically miniscule when compared to tobacco. I could link the studies and facts on that if you'd like but you might enjoy a stroll through Google instead. Just let me know.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm not, just trying to point out that calling something that has the potential to be harmful, "not harmful" is inaccurate.

I have no skin in the game.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

www.gov.uk...

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s not safer than smoking. At least I’m not. However people who do use e sigs need to not be so naive. And saying it’s is “safe” and “not dangerous” is just a plain lie. Fact it injesting chemicals In your lungs is never safe. Safer then cigs, sure. But no where near safe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join