It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Most of us go by the 25 foot rule as a common courtesy . And the people that are obnoxiously blowing Vape clouds in groups of people that aren't smokers are asshats . a reply to: seasonal

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I used to smoke a pack and a half of cigs per day I quit and have been vaping for 8 years or more , I can tell you I no longer wheeze or cough and my lungs have cleared up . However I do not agree that kids should vape because they think its cool . Oh and I no longer stink of cigarette smoke nor does my house or car either.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Destinyone

Good question, what side effects.

From your OP.....implicates we will see the side effects in the vid. Very misleading IMO.

"Seems like a bad idea, watch the video if you can handle a person who will cry like hell when the side effects hit her like a ton of chemo, because very little thought was used with personal responsibility".

Des

I said when. When is not now.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Um.....way to deflect. "When is not now"....then don't say so in your OP. It IS misleading, I agree with Des.

link   

originally posted by: Caver78
People have been dripping for YEARS at this point,
Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most I know don't even use tobacco flavored juice or anything with nicotine.
Lighten up!!!

Thank you! Yes seems the fear is strong in this thread...

This is a perfect topic for medical conspiracy except the conspiracy is the ridiculous fear mongering about vaping!!

If a person drips they use way less nicotine in the eliquid... 0mg - 3mg in a dripper compared to 18mg + in an e-cig....

Interesting link about how toxic the atmosphere in a vape shop is...

vaping360.com...

Oh and don't worry I work in a college and I can assure the OP that most of the teenagers there couldn't be bothered to use a "dripper" and are far more interested in the apparently less obnoxious and more acceptable weed, alcohol & tobacco

link   
a reply to: seasonal

since when is WATER vapor considered air pollution??//

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Caver78

Wow, YEARS, and no known issues.

Yup, must be 100 percent safe, I mean if a small sample of people have done it for years then it's pretty much settled medical science.

Personally, i'm far from a "hippie", but manufactured chemicals being sold hastily for a profit is not something I'd put a lot of faith into as being something that will "turn out okay in the end".

20 years from now, this could be a huge problem and the only way to see is wait for the data(time) to roll in. In the mean time, I'll refrain from using cheap most likely chinese made chemicals to make "phat clouds" will rocking my beats and skinny jeans.

My point being as far as "Vape news" this isn't.
Secondly people who drip also tend to make their own juice, so chinese WHAT again?
BTW it beats a lot of alternatives by a mile.

Also cloud-chasers are like yesteryears cigar aficionado's, the fad will pass.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yup, must be 100 percent safe, I mean if a small sample of people have done it for years then it's pretty much settled medical science.

Personally, i'm far from a "hippie", but manufactured chemicals being sold hastily for a profit is not something I'd put a lot of faith into as being something that will "turn out okay in the end".

20 years from now, this could be a huge problem and the only way to see is wait for the data(time) to roll in. In the mean time, I'll refrain from using cheap most likely chinese made chemicals to make "phat clouds" will rocking my beats and skinny jeans.

Manufactured chemicals?

Which ones?

VG, PG, nicotine, or food flavorings? Which one is of these "Chinese chemicals," is bad for you? And which ones are from China?

Lol, and you call yourself Spock.

By the way, OP, you don't:

dripping the cig juice directly on the e-cig coils

This goes to show that people who are unwholly uneducated on vaping should stay away from it.

link   

originally posted by: Novaroc
Most of us go by the 25 foot rule as a common courtesy . And the people that are obnoxiously blowing Vape clouds in groups of people that aren't smokers are asshats . a reply to: seasonal

Yep these asshats will be the ones who crap the bed for the people who enjoy the vaping responsibly.

link   
Popcorn Lung: A Dangerous Risk of Flavored E-Cigarettes

When inhaled, diacetyl causes bronchiolitis obliterans - more commonly referred to as "popcorn lung" - a scarring of the tiny air sacs in the lungs resulting in the thickening and narrowing of the airways. While the name "popcorn lung" may not sound like a threat, it's a serious lung disease that causes coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath, similar to the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

LINK

Believe me it isn't healthy by any means.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Popcorn lung is only a side effect of using a couple of particular kinds of Juice, definitely NOT all or even most of them.

Seriously the lack of education about Vaping here on ATS is STUNNING!!!

edit on 4-1-2018 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
I started vaping after smoking for 30yrs,been off tobacco for almost a year now. But I only use a small Vale that emits the same amount of smoke as a cigarette, so I don't look like rolling coal when I use it. I spend 10 dollars a week as opposed to 150 that I used to,I don't stink of smoke,I feel better,I don't cough up black stuff all the time anymore. I'll never go back to tobacco. But I have read you can get popcorn lung from vaping too much,and I'd assume those guys rolling coal would be at risk of water in the lungs inhaling that much moisture all the time.

i vaped like a mofo and quit smoking that way.
my wife told me about popcorn lung and i threw it away.
i was a low dose but i was done.

i have always felt that all those people cloud chasing and # were lame as hell

link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Good the 2 of you agree. When does not mean now.

Example.

I will die when I get old.

OR

The snow will melt when it gets warm.... Get it?

edit on 4-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
a reply to: jtrenthacker

what more so than disgusting stinking cig smoke!

No, not at all. That wasn't my point.

Just talking about the fools who blow clouds big enough to hide a zeppelin. Just looks dumb.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

My point being as far as "Vape news" this isn't.
Secondly people who drip also tend to make their own juice, so chinese WHAT again?
BTW it beats a lot of alternatives by a mile.

Also cloud-chasers are like yesteryears cigar aficionado's, the fad will pass.

Alternatives....like not vaping at all?

I'm fine with people(as they've expressed in the thread) using it to quit smoking and rid themselves of a habit. I just wonder why they would continue to do so after having achieved their original goal.

As far as it's health impact, I guess it's a matter of perspective. Taken against the scenario of NOT using it. I believe it would be foolish to assume that someone who does vape, vs someone who doesn't, is going to have "no chance" of there being side effects from the usage of the product. No matter how little or insignificant.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Example.

OR

Typically I agree with what you post. This time, the sensationalistic post doesn't match up with what is shown in the video. Get it?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Manufactured chemicals?

Which ones?

VG, PG, nicotine, or food flavorings? Which one is of these "Chinese chemicals," is bad for you? And which ones are from China?

Lol, and you call yourself Spock.

By the way, OP, you don't:

dripping the cig juice directly on the e-cig coils

This goes to show that people who are unwholly uneducated on vaping should stay away from it.

Know anyone with COPD?

When inhaled, diacetyl causes bronchiolitis obliterans - more commonly referred to as "popcorn lung" - a scarring of the tiny air sacs in the lungs resulting in the thickening and narrowing of the airways. While the name "popcorn lung" may not sound like a threat, it's a serious lung disease that causes coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath, similar to the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
www.lung.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Popcorn lung is only a side effect of using a couple of particular kinds of Juice, definitely NOT all or even most of them.

Seriously the lack of education about Vaping here on ATS is STUNNING!!!

Someone more educated than me and probably you disagrees with you....But hey keep on sucking on that big metal pipe, makes you look super cool!

LINK

Boston, MA – Diacetyl, a flavoring chemical linked to cases of severe respiratory disease, was found in more than 75% of flavored electronic cigarettes and refill liquids tested by researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Two other potentially harmful related compounds were also found in many of the tested flavors, which included varieties with potential appeal to young people such as Cotton Candy, Fruit Squirts, and Cupcake.

There are currently more than 7,000 varieties of flavored e-cigarettes and e-juice (liquid containing nicotine that is used in refillable devices) on the market. Although the popularity and use of e-cigarettes continues to increase, there is a lack of data on their potential health effects. E-cigarettes are not currently regulated, but the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a proposed rule to include e-cigarettes under its authority to regulate certain tobacco and nicotine-containing products.

At least one of the three chemicals was detected in 47 of the 51 flavors tested. Diacetyl was detected above the laboratory limit of detection in 39 of the flavors tested. Acetoin and 2,3-pentanedione were detected in 46 and 23 and of the flavors, respectively.

I'm sure the one you oil you use is perfectly safe. It's only made in someone's garage.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Example.

OR

Typically I agree with what you post. This time, the sensationalistic post doesn't match up with what is shown in the video. Get it?

Did you catch the (just my opinion) in my thread?

Edit,

I think vaping is a awesome tool to kick the cigs. I have had 2 parent die from coffin nails, perhaps I am not objective on this issue.
edit on 4-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

oh lord this one yes ANOTHER debunked hit piece of made up rubbish

(i was waiting for this one)

yes popcorn lung is a real condition no it has SOD ALL thats NOTHING for the folk at the back
to do with vaping in any way.

it IS however a reworking of the tail about some factory workers exposed to Diacetyl
(a flavor used in popcorn to produce a creamy flavor) these workers exposed to solid particles (not vapor)
in concentrations VASTLY higher then found in ANY vapor product day after day for years without filteration
due to penny pinching factory owners and only ever happend at one plant.

in fact there are very few e juices that contain any at all and in those that do the amount of the actual chemical
relesed in the vapor is in the microgrames and has had no measured effects in any user to date.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join