It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

OK, gotcha!

However life is a risk, GMO food, air pollution, chemicals in your new carpet, furniture, you name it SOMETHING around you isn't good for you.

I was going to compare it to all the various and 100x stronger drugs the kids are snarfling like pez or huffing, but ok....not doing any of it works. Most of the people I know who're Vaping are trying to get off cigs without Chantix or other methods.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

OK, gotcha!

However life is a risk, GMO food, air pollution, chemicals in your new carpet, furniture, you name it SOMETHING around you isn't good for you.

I was going to compare it to all the various and 100x stronger drugs the kids are snarfling like pez or huffing, but ok....not doing any of it works. Most of the people I know who're Vaping are trying to get off cigs without Chantix or other methods.

Which I think is great. I just find it foolish for someone (not aimed at you)to continue to use it for years afterward, while sinking a bunch of money in it and looking like a jackass. All the while claiming it to be "harmless".

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Much like canning your own food is less healthier?

Folks make their own Vape Juices specifically to limit the ingredients.
DUH!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

OK, gotcha!

Has there been long term studies done on the higher temps of cloud chasing compared to regular vaping?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

first you know all of the negative research to day has been traced back to tobacco industry funding
so no bias there eh!

second all of the indpendant research has found vapor use to be as its very worse to be several orders
of magnitude less harmful than smoking

third cig smoke contains over 6000 molecules mostly from additives and almost all proven carcinogens
where e vapor contains at most a handful of molecules all from proven safe food grade elements
NON of which has any proven link to cancer.

forth e liquid is not and never has been an OIL it is an emulsion of esters mixed from mostly natural sources.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK

oh lord this one yes ANOTHER debunked hit piece of made up rubbish

(i was waiting for this one)

yes popcorn lung is a real condition no it has SOD ALL thats NOTHING for the folk at the back
to do with vaping in any way.

it IS however a reworking of the tail about some factory workers exposed to Diacetyl
(a flavor used in popcorn to produce a creamy flavor) these workers exposed to solid particles (not vapor)
in concentrations VASTLY higher then found in ANY vapor product day after day for years without filteration
due to penny pinching factory owners and only ever happend at one plant.

in fact there are very few e juices that contain any at all and in those that do the amount of the actual chemical
relesed in the vapor is in the microgrames and has had no measured effects in any user to date.

Thanks for the particulars!
Plus it needs repeated.

Seasonal you post usually sensationalized/polarizing topics but this one is WAY off the mark. Except for a couple of devices with faulty batteries or people who weren't instructed in the proper venting of batteries and the dangers of "Over Charging" them Vaping hasn't killed anyone or even been proven to be more dangerous than smoking cigarettes or drinking or driving.

Period.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I learned my lesson Had a battery in my pocket and forgot I also had some change in said pocket , I was like um why is my leg getting hot then I was like Holy crap it's smoking !! Got the battery out before it exploded but I swear it took 30 min for it to cool down to throw it away .
edit on 1/4/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Yeah, I was on my third kind of Vape rig before someone made sure I knew about keeping the vent holes clear "just in case". Which was pathetic cause I used to sell them an NO manufacturer or sales rep said a word about it.

Glad you're OK!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Has there been long term studies done on the higher temps of cloud chasing compared to regular vaping?

Edit,
I have no problem with people vaping. I have an issue with the lack of long term studies of cloud chasing.

edit on 4-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sorry to all that i dont quote the research directly but i really dont have the time to trawl round for it
i have done in the past when having the same arguments many times before.

but yes if you take the time to dig around you can find the work has been done
and all of the negative storys are funded by big tobacco who have taken a collective
kick in the profit margin by the stellar take off of vapeing.

the independent work by the likes of the british BMA have found vaping to be
a useful way to quit smoking which is much less harmful than smoking itself.

all of the horror stories of exploding e-cigs have be shown to be either user error
(not learning ohms law and battery safety)
or using cheaply made crap quality devices made in china who have jumped in with both feet to
cream the profit with no concern for the end user ( bit like the tobacco industry )!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

since we are talking water vapor - who cares?

Are you looking to ban humidifiers as well? has there been any long term studies on the use of humidifiers?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

not =

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

water vapor is water vapor, no matter how its generated.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

glad you were not seriously hurt but this illustrates
my point about learning battery safety.

the new (ish) Lithium ion battery's that most e-cigs use
are a very different animal to the small battery's most people are used to
and they dont react well to any form of abuse.

but used correctly are no more dangerous than when
they are used in the more usual places that tech is found
like laptops power tools and phones.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

A heated coil reacts very differently with diff chemicals compared to atomization or evaporation.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

you would be amazed how many folk whine about e cig vapor
yet happly go to clubs and concerts and shows where "smoke" machines are used

totally ignorant to the fact that the "smoke" is EXACTLY the same as e cig vapor
minus the nicotine and flavorings and produced in same way just in a much larger device

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

I wonder if they put flavoring in the fog machine if people would go up and take a few pulls off of it?

Too late, I think Ethan beat everyone to that(his had a tv too).

edit on 4-1-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

ha some genius did actually do it theirs clip on uTube somewhere
showing him doing just that so he basicly had himself a 500 watt mains powered mod!

raving nutter!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK

you would be amazed how many folk whine about e cig vapor
yet happly go to clubs and concerts and shows where "smoke" machines are used

totally ignorant to the fact that the "smoke" is EXACTLY the same as e cig vapor
minus the nicotine and flavorings and produced in same way just in a much larger device

Do people go to clubs every day, multiple times a day? I don't think your argument is =.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

you replied to the wrong person.

Who cares how often or how much water vapor is inhaled?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join