It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2018

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: radpeteage

Did you guys see that 4.6 just south and east of New Orleans???

I've been following Quakes for a decade or so and I've never seen one there... A little disturbing to say the least.

Perhaps some good old-fashioned Doom coming on

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: radpeteage

I've been following Quakes for a decade or so and I've never seen one there... A little disturbing to say the least.

Interesting, I haven't seen one there before either. I am just glad others are watching if anything starts up someone will notice I think.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Interesting, I haven't seen one there before either. I am just glad others are watching if anything starts up someone will notice I think.

Not the first time in the area, I can vouch for that much! September 10, 2006 had a 6.0 in the Gulf of Mexico. Talk about lighting the proverbial fire under Floridians' butts, people were talking about it for a long time afterward.
Heck, I still remember it like yesterday, I spent the entire time everything rattled & danced around with crossed fingers, hoping nothing broke.

I can't find it on the USGS site, but web archive has it here:
Edit: Dang it, this doesn't want to work for me. Breaking it up into chunks instead.
web.archive.org...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
C & P Web Archive's link, then C & P the USGS one right after it as a continuation.

There have been 'quakes out in the Gulf, they're just not very frequent. When they happen, they tend to get attention, especially if they're biggies

edit on 5/7/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I's near the Deep horizon spill salt vats , very close .
I don't care what anyone says , watch Dutchsince on youtube , everything makes a lot more sense since following him , it's all common sense !!!! Pressure transfers , just check him out , he's not a predictor , he's a forecaster !!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Not the first time in the area, I can vouch for that much! September 10, 2006 had a 6.0 in the Gulf of Mexico. Talk about lighting the proverbial fire under Floridians' butts, people were talking about it for a long time afterward.
Heck, I still remember it like yesterday, I spent the entire time everything rattled & danced around with crossed fingers, hoping nothing broke.

I can't find it on the USGS site, but web archive has it here:
Edit: Dang it, this doesn't want to work for me. Breaking it up into chunks instead.
web.archive.org...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
C & P Web Archive's link, then C & P the USGS one right after it as a continuation.

There have been 'quakes out in the Gulf, they're just not very frequent. When they happen, they tend to get attention, especially if they're biggies

He (scientist) mentions it here and the ones you remember today.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
M 4.5 - 90km W of Ferndale, CA

Time
2018-05-07 23:51:04 (UTC)
Depth
16.0 km

Getting a series here now

M 4.5 - 11km N of Cabazon, CA

Time
2018-05-08 11:49:34 (UTC)
Depth
12.9 km

M 2.6 - 9km N of Cabazon, CA

Time
2018-05-08 17:11:18 (UTC)
Depth
11.9 km

M 3.2 - 11km N of Cabazon, CA

Time
2018-05-08 11:51:53 (UTC)
Depth
12.7 km

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

This marks the second time in little more than a month that the region has been hit by a small quake felt over a large area. On April 5, a magnitude 5.3 quake centered in the Channel Islands off Santa Barbara County rattled nerves.

Tuesday's earthquake occurred along a section of the San Andreas fault zone known for having smaller earthquakes as well as larger ones, said Caltech seismologist Egill Hauksson. It's known as the "San Gorgonio knot," named because there are so many small faults that intersect there as the San Andreas fault bends from a northwest-southeast direction to an east-west orientation.

LATimes.com - Magnitude 4.5 earthquake along San Andreas fault zone rattles Southern California.

They say the place is mostly uninhabited area where several faults snake through the mountains. That "knot" makes it hard to predict what will happen but they can have this magnitude activity without it becoming bigger unlike the other linear faults just to the north and west (same source).

I think the "San Andreas fault" most of know about is the linear one that runs north and out into the ocean and links up with other linear faults. That one is the fear of the Big One. Hope that I am reading that correctly!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
You can use a custom search of the NEIC database (via USGS) to basically search any region in the world you wish, for any magnitude range and any time period in the past 100 years or so.

On the linked page, just choose your minimum magnitude and (if you wish), leave the maximum blank so it'll find all quakes over your minimum, set date and time as "custom" and input the details, then click on "custom" for geographic region as well and it'll open a map so you can set a rectangle to whatever size you wish.

Leave the final "advanced options" and "output options" alone unless you want a special format (like listing), and just click on "search" below "output options" and it will display the results on a map, with a detailed list on the left.

Very easy to use and although they sometimes miss a quake of two, it's generally pretty accurate.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I wonder why this one made the news and not many do.
The quake struck along the Hayward Fault and was felt as far away as Petaluma.

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS/AP/BCN) — A preliminary 3.5 magnitude earthquake was reported in Oakland Monday evening.

The quake hit at 7:18 p.m., according to the U.S. Geological Survey and was initially rated at 3.8, later downgraded to 3.6. East Bay Quake Map BART officials reported that all trains in the system were stopped for 10 minutes due to a “seismic event” while crews inspected tracks for damage.

Social media users in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda and surrounding cities reported feeling the earthquake.

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
M 4.6 - 179km W of Bandon, Oregon
II
DYFI?
Time
2018-05-20 10:47:12 (UTC)
Depth
10.0 km

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
M 4.6 - 281km WNW of Bandon, Oregon
Time
2018-05-24 23:09:16 (UTC)
Depth
10.0 km

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Please keep an eye on this!!! @ all.

The fault off the coast of Oregon can be devastating because of tsunamis.

Slip faults, when the go vertical, are bad news.

Hope that this is just settling and nothing more. But that volcano in Hawaii makes me wonder.

Thank Seaworthy!!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Quake hits Osaka Japan, 3 dead.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The quake situation on the big island of Hawaii is insane to say the least.

I think it is 8-10000 at this point.

Has anyone seen this kind of quake activity related to a volcano in the past?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

There has been a 5 magnitude quake caused by a crater eruption every day for a week...crazy days!!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Make that 8 days in a row!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

And can we say....9 in a row? Yep

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This tread is dying....so sad

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

No it is not!

It is just sleeping ... like the land sleeps ... until the land awakes ... and then ...

The Thread will come alive!

P

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So How many of you watch dutchsince and what do you think of his forecasts? I've been watching just recently and im no expert but hes definitely on to something he's generally been accurate for his hits.

Come forth Lazarus.....................LOL

edit on 24-6-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join