It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argh Facebook Mandatory FACE Photo Upload as the PASSWORD (actual photos)?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
WTF man I'm just trying to make a account setup for my new site film whatever project.

The little monster makes you confirm via phone FINE.

Recently I went and reserved "The Darkest Patterns" everywhere I could think.

I go to log into Facedoosh the other night to get started making it alive.

It wouldn't let me log in.

Well not without uploading my FACE.

I really tried to circumnavigate the thing but it doesn't give you much.

Alright then damnit...

Of course I dont do photos. Its in my DNA I'm a true anti-Big Brother creature. There's only a few digital photos of me anywhere. I actually keep tape over my computer phones cameras (aluminum foil tape works best).

So naturally I open up my most easy to click on meme folder and found that one first that had a pretty clear face. Actually I tried the Big Brother face from 1984 (1984), but it wouldnt accept it.

Then for two days it just gives me this BS:

I just figured it wanted some kind of I'm not a robot confirmation maybe, but now if someone is actually going to look at it great there goes my account. But it came back on a little while ago, let me login, upload my themed profile picture, banner I was trying to upload, and then it shifts me back into that damn upload FACE prompt again.

F it I'll give them a proper face this time

And now we're back to this:

edit on 30-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hahaha! Do tell us what the response is to the Delonge photo. That is giving me a good laugh! 😂

On a serious note though...that's scary. We don't know even the tiniest smidge of the privacies that evil agency of Facebook is infringing upon when we use it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yeah its crazy, I've never heard of such a thing, it wants my FACE as the PASSWORD. And it aint letting up.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I may try my cat's photo. Make it official . Make sure the pic shows day,date, and time.
If they deny , I will claim feline discrimination.
So , if they require a photo of you , how do they know it is you ?
Appears as if Facebook is on the cutting edge of the Idiocy technology field.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It seems FB is trying to do away with troll accounts and this is their first step. Unless you're trying to make a verified account. Then I can see their logic. Either way, I think FB is the Devil.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well, Facebook isn't all too smart yet, they will soon follow the Chinese. The Chinese govt. now will with all those on "Whats App" to use as their identity, and with millions using it, it too will be the new id of mankind. Face recognition for FB, forget it. It's not about security and never was. "HUMAN CONTROL"
edit on 1200000031472017-12-30T17:47:31-06:00473112pm5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

So , if they require a photo of you , how do they know it is you ?

Exactly! I figured out the thing crawled the numbers in my phone somehow, as there's no way it could know the names people I know it suggested me with the new email acct I gave it. Even though I havent logged in with the phone itself just the confirmation text. And there's no photos of me in the phone, nor could it get one right now automatically the lenses covered... so who does this thing think it is, GOD?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well, I mean... it is called FaceBook. So, it kinda makes sense? Really, you can't really be surprised at this. Horrible, evil, dystopian, etc., yes. Surprising? Not so much. We need a better way, but monopolies gonna monopolize.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
They wanted a picture of your genitals last week so,

You can't be too surprised about your face.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Now they have your phone number and know what you look like, soon it will go full-tilt and those who do not possess a FB account will be added to a watchlist / have restricted internet access until they do.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Remember it is called FACEbook. Hint; there is a clue in its name, lol!

It was obviously going to end up like this. It is the ultimate database for faces.
There is no digital photo of me on the internet any longer (that I know of). I don't come up in any searches. Not bad for someone who has been on the internet for almost 18 "tears" and not in a shy way, neither.

If they want my face they can have this:

I am going to start my own world database and call it...wait for it...

BUTTBOOK!

Yea!

edit on 30-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I call it FecalBook... because it's $#!T.

In all seriousness, this is the way the world is going. Apple makes a widely distributed product with face scanning as the primary security feature, it gets accepted, and everyone else follows suit.

It's the nature of the beast, a fundamental aspect of increasing technology is ever more fine monitoring and sensing of the local and external environments, so the system can be optimised. Whether you like it or not, we are part of that "system' that is seeking to rationalise itself.

It's unavoidable, so the only thing we can do is advocate for personal ownership, at all levels (government, corporate, public, private, etc.), of personal data.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

LOL, so after waking up this morning, I log on to ATS as usual and eventually add comment to this thread. Then I go to Drudge Report and low and behold, at the top, is this...

DHS ANNOUNCES PROGRAM TO ILLEGALLY SCAN AMERICAN FACES

'Global facial-recognition database' comes to mind (and using any means at their disposal to acquire same)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

LOL, so after waking up this morning, I log on to ATS as usual and eventually add comment to this thread. Then I go to Drudge Report and low and behold, at the top, is this...

DHS ANNOUNCES PROGRAM TO ILLEGALLY SCAN AMERICAN FACES

'Global facial-recognition database' comes to mind (and using any means at their disposal to acquire same)

That is old news. Last time I was in the States, at Chicago, eye scan and voice recognition was already in use for international travelers and also questions were asked, like what kind of job do you have overseas and how long do you expect to stay in America, and what is your visit for. And I'm an ... don't know anymore.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Global facial-recognition database' comes to mind (and using any means at their disposal to acquire same)

That makes a lot of sense, I’m guessing that world governments will soon have the capability to use facial recognition in conjunction with video cameras all over cities to locate people based on their faces. I actually think some cities in the U.S. already have this program, I’m on a mobile or I would share a link.

Facebook has developed its own facial recognition technology that is highly advanced. For example, it knows who people are in photos even if they are not tagged, or even if they are older or younger, grow a beard, etc.
edit on 30pmSat, 30 Dec 2017 18:21:29 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yeah its crazy, I've never heard of such a thing, it wants my FACE as the PASSWORD. And it aint letting up.

Well, it is called FACEbook.

:/

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I’m not clear on something, were you doing something specific that required a face upload? I haven’t had to do that for my Facebook account ever, heck the email associated with my account is out of date.

As a side note, my PS4 uses facial recognition for logging in.

Also, Coinbase, a site used for buying and selling cryptocurrency, requires identity verification by uploading a government ID and a picture of your face!
edit on 30pmSat, 30 Dec 2017 18:25:17 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
It seems FB is trying to do away with troll accounts and this is their first step. Unless you're trying to make a verified account. Then I can see their logic. Either way, I think FB is the Devil.

PayPal or as they are known now as pay.com requires that I give them my telephone number rather than my E-mail.
As things are now, I've got different SIM cards as I changed mobile phone provider and when I go abroad.

Just to get my phone running, I even have to register an email address with google.

That really takes the piss when they want a picture of your face, an email and your mobile phone number.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not just facebook.

I had to order a cam to verify my poloniex account earlier tonite.

Whatever privacy people thought they had ?

Orwell would be proud.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Nice try Facebook but you will never get my soul. Zuckerberg said it all when he taped his own laptops camera and microphones. Get f#cked Zucki.

Seriously though OP don't do it. Tell them who is boss and kick them to the curb.

edit on 30-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join