It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting a counter LEO agency to end police violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I write this thread because it has become painfully obvious America's police forces do not serve the best interests of this country any longer... they have become hyper-aggressive, paramilitary organizations that lie, cheat, steal and cover up for their brothers in blue.... we have seen so many instances of police acting outside of the scope of what society considers normal and lawful behavior... Daniel Shaver being the most recent in memory, but there are many others. Police officers who's anger can be heard in every word they utter when trying to "lawfully" order the people they encounter and create reasons to escalate normal situations into situations that produce severe bodily harm and death to the civilians that unfortunately have an encounter with these police officers. The "good" cops continue to do nothing.

Which leads me to what I want to know: why cannot WE THE PEOPLE commission our own law enforcement agency with the EXACT same powers as city, state and federal law enforcement agencies. We conduct investigations, we arrest and conduct counter-LEO operations and prosecution of these criminals hiding behind what is supposed to be one of the most honorable professions in the world. It would have to be as professional as current LEO agencies, simply charged with enforcing the law and constitution as it relates to police conduct.

It has to happen, we as a country need this to ensure our rights are protected going forward. I cannot stand any further a treasonous force from the top to the bottom that has usurped power in this country. Police used to be the best of the best, they could handle any and all situations with grace, get the bad guy in custody without killing, maiming, or disfiguring the suspect themselves and innocents around them.

I'm tired of police justifying their crimes with their pathetic neuroses, "what if" scenarios that actually aren't reality and the "I was in fear of my life" nonsense that has perpetuated this situation since around the year 2000 to this day... nearly two decades of escalating police violence against the public.. it is only getting worse.

Even on this board you have LEO who participate in our discussions who openly defend police brutality and crimes when it is clear as day to anyone with common sense it was egregious, unlawful and up to and including murder. I already know their names on the board, they will be here to defend "the blue line" and justify why their group as a whole should be shielded from prosecution from their crimes. The saddest of all, they actually believe that defending the bad cops, it is somehow honorable, when truthfully there is no honor without integrity. Integrity to ourselves, the law and most importantly what is right. There is no honor among our police, period.

It is high time our criminal police be held accountable for their crimes and commissioning a citizen LEO agency that has the power the arrest corrupt traditional LEO, enforce the constitution and rule of law. I'm tired of feeling my blood boil everytime I see a police officer abuse their power, intimidate, threaten, harass and otherwise act like thugs every single day.

What does ATS think, is it possible? What is there to stop the people from doing it, other than fear? Would the government even have the power to stop it if the idea took hold? I don't think it could, especially if you get enough numbers just like LEO has the numbers (750,000 sworn LEO nationwide), we get 750,000 sworn citizen LEO who enforce the law against corrupt police and agencies, what are they going to do about it? In my opinion not a damn thing.

edit on 30-12-2017 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

There are glaring examples of police brutality.
But with the millions and millions of interactions between the public and police, it seems that the dealing with law enforcement is very safe. Imagine dealing with people while they are drunk, high, amped up, and pissed. I am surprised there is not more police/civilian shootings and stompings.

I would like to avoid a dept of homeland security dept style of over reach. Remember we are all treated like terrorists to just board a plane now. And by all metrics the dept of homeland security is laughably bad.

Be very careful what you wish for.

edit on 30-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This would be an agency by the people with the power to investigate, arrest, and prosecute police crimes. It has to be a part of the judicial system in some way, I suppose Congress would have to enact it, but the old tired song of internal investigations clearing obvious criminal behavior as within "policy" has to end. There needs to be some teeth so that the practices stop. Nothing will change by continuing the status quo, there is no incentive for police to investigate and prosecute themselves, why would they other than for things that are so obvious and egregious they have no other choice. It's like trusting a child to spank himself for something naughty instead of the parent doing it. What do you think the child will do? Probably decide not to spank himself.
edit on 30-12-2017 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Be patient....Trump and Friends are now getting ready to fix this problem....beginning with the top level judges who have a record of screwed-up counter-American decisions supporting the dark cabal.....Judges...Prosecutors...Lawyers...Cops....Military...Coast Guard....its all coming down.....you WILL see many of these people being prosecuted sooner than later....expect processes which support small special interest groups, actions which usually result in societal unrest and overall discomfort and discontent also being dismantled because this type of intentional societal inflammation is destroying America.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Which leads me to what I want to know: why cannot WE THE PEOPLE commission our own law enforcement agency with the EXACT same powers as city, state and federal law enforcement agencies

It exists. It's called the mafia.

I agree that police conduct in this country is a problem but it's probably better to try to work with what we have and make it better. To me a privatized police force is worse than what we have now.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So you want to create a new batch of law enforcement officers to investigate the old batch of law enforcement officers?

What do we do when the new batch becomes the old batch?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You want to start a whole dept for the handful, literal handful, of obvious "bad apples"?

And you want congress to do anything with out a large lobby group to bribe them?

There are obvious problems, but they are very very isolated cases.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So you want to create a new batch of law enforcement officers to investigate the old batch of law enforcement officers?

Yes. With todays knowledge of the depth of graft and corruption we are dealing with and todays technology supporting remediations of such....why yes I do believe if we begin at the top of the judiciary system with the highest Judges and also remediate those who build the top of the system via peripheral supports like politicians.....the entire structure can be rebuilt.It is important to make a focal point of going back and annulling decisions made by crooked bought-out Judges decisions which have mired the American legal system so badly it barely functions properly anymore....you see the impacts of these rotten apples frequently goes back many generations and in the case of LAWS we need to go back and unwind all of the twists and turns these scum intentionally put in place....simply removing the current body-in-place does not the problem solve.

Trump and Friends are seriously trying to bolster America and the World.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

-Chris

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Yes. With todays knowledge of the depth of graft and corruption we are dealing with and todays technology supporting remediations of such....why yes I do believe if we begin at the top of the judiciary system with the highest Judges and also remediate those who build the top of the system via peripheral supports like politicians.....the entire structure can be rebuilt.It is important to make a focal point of going back and annulling decisions made by crooked bought-out Judges decisions which have mired the American legal system so badly it barely functions properly anymore....you see the impacts of these rotten apples frequently goes back many generations and in the case of LAWS we need to go back and unwind all of the twists and turns these scum intentionally put in place....simply removing the current body-in-place does not the problem solve.

Did you even bother to read the Original Post? They weren't talking about judges, they were talking about police. Pay attention.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What you mean "we" paleface? You're generalizing, of course. There are 12,000 police departments in this country. By far the majority are small-town operations with a few officers each hired by the local city councils, your fellow citizens, to keep the peace. These officers are in dangerous jobs. Over 100 are killed every year. They are targets to the criminal element, and to people like you, many of whom apparently think it is within their rights to rob and steal from others, if not outright murder them for high crimes like "disrespect." To get an idea of "who's doing the killing" here take a look:

Obviously, the average American, Black or White, is much more likely to be killed by a Black person than a police officer. Would that you had some perspective on who to go after here. Bottom Line is that you are going to do no such thing. If you proposed what you are proposing in my community, you'd be laughed out of town for rampant stupidity. You;re just ranting, and the fact is what you propose is not going to happen. Fortunately.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well that could be a two-pronged part of this.. because yes the way police operate does stem from judicial decisions and some legislation, but most of what a cop can and cannot do comes from the judicial branch. In particular decisions and laws made in the last 20 years have fueled this epidemic.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Good idea until the civilian policing the police become worse that the police they were policing... Were. Seriously though good idea. I wish others would put stuff out there as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

They myth of policing being a dangerous job needs to end too. It not even in the top 10.. its one of the safest professions you can get in to on a statistical basis. You literally have a fraction of a percentage of police dying every year. 100 out of 750,000. Of those only 15 or so are from actual citizen on cop violence. The rest are from car accidents, negligence and other factors that are not a policeman being gunned down in the line of duty. The farce needs to stop. Meanwhile police discharge their weapons on order of magnitude against the civilians. Some deserved, but many are not. Many are unarmed and the only threat was a perception of one.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007
...because yes the way police operate does stem from judicial decisions and some legislation, but most of what a cop can and cannot do comes from the judicial branch. In particular decisions and laws made in the last 20 years have fueled this epidemic.

Most criminal trials are jury and not bench so those 'decisions' are being made by our peers.

Cite these laws that were made that you're referring to.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Too many to list. Gradual erosion of the 4th amendment to where police use things like Stingray which was sold as a terrorism tool into day to day law enforcement operations. Warrant-less seizure is becoming more common, civil asset forfeiture use being unprecedented even more so against folks who have nothing to do with drugs or organized crime, just having cash on their person that seems like a lot, but really isn't.. poorly executed no-knock raids which is definitely a last couple decade thing. Murders, rapes, and more. Do I really need to go on?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007
Too many to list.

I didn't ask you to list them all. List a few of the most egregious.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Several cities already have Citizen Review Boards.

My city does, for example. Has for over two decades. The CRB is charged with investigating any and all lethal force encounters, as well as any and all use of force complaints, search/seizure complaints, profiling, unprofessional conduct, and a myriad of other issues.

And the CRB has voted against an officer or the agency exactly one time in that entire period.

Stop buying the media narrative and do some research.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was going to bring up New York City's CRBs but I wasn't sure if other municipalities had them also.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Exactly why we need LEO powers, not a "review board" which is a joke to say that it can do anything other than "recommend." We need to be able to forceably arrest these offenders and put their ass in jail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join