It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting a counter LEO agency to end police violence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

Of those only 15 or so are from actual citizen on cop violence.

As of 12/11/2017: Forty-five law enforcement officers have been reported feloniously killed in 2017. During the previous year for the same time period, 65 officers were feloniously killed. At the time the 45 law enforcement officers were fatally wounded in 2017: Four were ambushed (entrapment/premeditation) Four were victims of unprovoked attacks

In 2016, 66 law enforcement officers died from injuries incurred in the line of duty during felonious incidents. (See Table 1.) Line-of-duty deaths occurred in 29 states and in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.) By region, 30 officers were feloniously killed in the South, 17 officers in the West, 13 officers in the Midwest, 4 officers in the Northeast, and 2 officers in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.)

In 2015, 41 law enforcement officers died from injuries incurred in the line of duty during felonious incidents. (See Table 1.) Line-of-duty deaths occurred in 21 states and in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.) By region, 19 officers were feloniously killed in the South, 9 officers in the West, 5 officers in the Midwest, 4 officers in the Northeast, and 4 officers in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.)

I could go on and on, but it's pretty apparent that you've decided to post on a subject you know very little about, and are using your tiny smidgen of knowledge to try and bolster your wildly inaccurate and flat out made up "statements."

The bottom line remains that out of the 900 or 950ish people killed by law enforcement every year, the vast majority of them are armed at the time they're killed and present a threat. But, because you've latched on to the media narrative, you're taking a literal handful of incidents and trying to spin that as being the norm.

Stop. The media does a better job of it than you are.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Exactly why we need LEO powers,

Then go be a cop.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Then go be a cop.

I would but I really, really like my food without spit in it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They've cropped up in some of the larger cities around the country over the last several years.

But, obviously, some people don't see the merit in them.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Then go be a cop.

It's an acquired taste, to be sure. But the herpes adds a certain kick to most foods.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Of those only 15 or so are from actual citizen on cop violence.

As of 12/11/2017: Forty-five law enforcement officers have been reported feloniously killed in 2017. During the previous year for the same time period, 65 officers were feloniously killed. At the time the 45 law enforcement officers were fatally wounded in 2017: Four were ambushed (entrapment/premeditation) Four were victims of unprovoked attacks

In 2016, 66 law enforcement officers died from injuries incurred in the line of duty during felonious incidents. (See Table 1.) Line-of-duty deaths occurred in 29 states and in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.) By region, 30 officers were feloniously killed in the South, 17 officers in the West, 13 officers in the Midwest, 4 officers in the Northeast, and 2 officers in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.)

In 2015, 41 law enforcement officers died from injuries incurred in the line of duty during felonious incidents. (See Table 1.) Line-of-duty deaths occurred in 21 states and in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.) By region, 19 officers were feloniously killed in the South, 9 officers in the West, 5 officers in the Midwest, 4 officers in the Northeast, and 4 officers in Puerto Rico. (See Table 1.)

I could go on and on, but it's pretty apparent that you've decided to post on a subject you know very little about, and are using your tiny smidgen of knowledge to try and bolster your wildly inaccurate and flat out made up "statements."

The bottom line remains that out of the 900 or 950ish people killed by law enforcement every year, the vast majority of them are armed at the time they're killed and present a threat. But, because you've latched on to the media narrative, you're taking a literal handful of incidents and trying to spin that as being the norm.

Stop. The media does a better job of it than you are.

That increase has nothing to do with the media. You're the one buying it, believe me the citizens have been getting more and more angry about it every year. Continuing to defend it is not doing your kind any favors.

Even if the increase is an additional 25 or so from last year, it is still absolutely a fraction of a percentage. I'm sorry those police were murdered, but you are all bringing it upon yourselves by ratcheting up the violence against the people. The more aggressive the police become the people will respond in kind.

Also the actual value of statistics vary by source. I also have found a source that says the exact opposite of yours and that police deaths are at a 50 year low.

www.usnews.com... , original source is the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

It absolutely is the norm.. police get angry when they think they aren't being listened to, if it is something they have right to order, such as a felon surrender, ect, then force is justified. But how many videos of people flexing their rights results in getting your ass kicked, windows busted, pulled out of vehicles, arrested for "resisting arrest." Simply because you told a policeman no you can't search my car, no you can't pull me out in the cold to continue to ask asinine questions hoping to fish out some petty crime to arrest. Enough is enough.

Also your condescending better than thou attitude is already showing and it took two responses for you to tell me to "Stop." Its you and your brothers who need to stop.

edit on 30-12-2017 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The "good" cops continue to do nothing.

They don't want to lose their job or worse, see harm come to them and their families too. Both the public and 'good officers' are intimidated by the bullies within.

I know you mean well, but really at this point its like trying to protest the Nazi state. Like begets like, bullies, thugs and criminals are thronging to the Police State, to join up and have a little fun.

When they were kids the playground was their Domain, now they are grown up children with badges and guns, seeking dominion over the population. Remember who is behind the new Police State.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Still waiting...

originally posted by: av8r007
Too many to list.

I didn't ask you to list them all. List a few of the most egregious.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

You want to start a whole dept for the handful, literal handful, of obvious "bad apples"?

And you want congress to do anything with out a large lobby group to bribe them?

There are obvious problems, but they are very very isolated cases.

We are not discussing a handful of bad apples....we are discussing endemic corruption which has become a cornerstone of policing across the Nation....we are discussing a militant Teflon thin blue line CULTURE......we are for example discussing cops prosecutors judges lawyers et al on MANY LEVELS from county to state to nation.....and quite simply YES each and every one of these group shave been infiltrated by an organised effort to create societal cultural and financial unrest within America and this by definition is Domestic Terrorisim......many interests external to the USA in many cases are the financial catalysts behind these counter-American actions.

Simply the Thin-Blue-Line policing mentality indicts EVERYONE with a 100% surety....no one is buying some story there are so called good-and-bad Cops....lol....no way any good cop is turning in his or her workmates.....lol...the system is still to corrupt upstream for anyone to survive the process......but eventually when crooked high level Cops have been removed and when crooked Judges have been removed and Prosecutors have been removed then these good Cops will be able to stand up and force changes for the People.....but alas we are only at the beginning of this evolution.....so for now yes the entire system is RIFE WITH CORRUPTION FROM TOP TO BOTTOM....and for as long as the REAL GOOD COPS cannot stand up and fight back with support from above insuring they do not get suppressed imprisoned fired killed or in other ways hurt....we shall remain in the jungle.

We know there are good men and women waiting to step up...and they will be the new Leaders...few they are.....but lead they will....and yes America will need to replace THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF CORRUPT PEOPLE SOON....there will be a massive influx of new fresh blood...the moral transfusion America has needed for a very long time.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes officer, you do go on and on about it from an LEO perspective. As public servants, Its their job to die in the line of duty protecting the public, not shoot unarmed suspects in the back while running away,

But any way, if any of them got prosecuted for that I might side with you more. As is, the double digit police killings you cite are far outweighed by the triple digit police killings of civilians , 99 percent of which ago un-prosecuted.

Even you can't argue that. So what about it, you're an LEO, how about forming a cops for better policing organization?

Or just order more MRAPS and automatic weapons.

edit on 30-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Even if the increase is an additional 25 or so from last year, it is still absolutely a fraction of a percentage. I'm sorry those police were murdered, but you are all bringing it upon yourselves by ratcheting up the violence against the people. The more aggressive the police become the people will respond in kind.

It's actually pretty steady over the last decade or so. And I never said it wasn't a fraction of active law enforcement so...no. I can math better than you can, but that doesn't mean I'm buying the media narrative.

None of which changes the absolute fact that out of hundreds of deadly force encounters, a literal handful are unjustified and illegal.

Also your condescending better than thou attitude is already showing and it took two responses for you to tell me to "Stop." Its you and your brothers who need to stop.

I could not possibly care less how you feel about my attitude. If my being able to math better comes across as condescending, it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes officer, you do go on and on about it from an LEO perspective. As public servants, Its their job to die in the one of duty protecting the public, not shoot unarmed suspects in the back while running away,

Oh you, always wanting to play the supplicant. It's adorable.

But any way, if any of them got prosecuted for that I might side with you more. As is, the double digit police killings you cite are far outweighed by the triple digit police killings of civilians , 99 percent of which ago un-prosecuted.

Mike Slager just went to prison for the exact situation you describe. You can't have it both ways buddy: first you say none get prosecuted, then you say 99% don't get prosecuted. Which is it? If you want a debate, you have to pick a point, not pick a bunch of points that don't agree with each other.

Even you can't argue that.

Which is why I don't, and have already pointed out that very fact.

So what about it, you're an LEO, how about forming a cops for better policing organization?

We meet every other Tuesday.

Or just order more MRAPS and automatic weapons.

Done and done.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is the problem. There are so many areas where freedom has been curtailed, the PATRIOT act was a major keystone in this, which allowed many unconstitutional laws and regulations to be passed. To begin to quantify all of it on this thread would be time consuming and laborious. You can spend some time googling if you really are that curious. Our police get military gear and justify its need when its just a small percentage of criminals that need it used on them. Did you not see the cops in Ferguson? They looked like they were plucked from Baghdad.

My short list:

Civil asset forfieture
Homeland Security type equipment in local LEO hands.
Aggressive policing.
No-knock warrants. Knock on the door and tell them to come out cowards!
Taser usage and more.

For you to ask me to list everything that has been done since 2001 is a strawman you just want to take the thread off course. Which is how do we POLICE OUR CORRUPT LAW ENFORCEMENT AND GET THEM BEHIND BARS!
edit on 30-12-2017 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

How are you doing math better? Who was doing math? You're not doing math, you're just copy/pasting stats and then saying you do math? What are you even talking about? Nothing to do with "math" special ed, it was the "Stop" I was talking about as if you're the end all be all on the subject. If the people aren't satisfied with the way police are doing business there is a problem. We are your employer, we sign the checks and all of you have forgotten that fact. It is time to fear the taxpayer again.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Then go be a cop.

That's always iffy at certain restaurants

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

what are they going to do about it? In my opinion not a damn thing.

You seem to be suggesting an Inquisition of sorts.

noun
an official investigation, especially one of a political or religious nature, characterized by lack of regard for individual rights, prejudice on the part of the examiners, and recklessly cruel punishments.

There are examples throughout history like the Spanish Inquisitions, the witch hunts, the Japanese internment camps and the witch hunt started by Joseph McCarthy.

What they have in common is unfounded hate, a foundation built on myth and lies, hysteria and being led by people far more dangerous than what they claim to be protecting against.

This fits nicely into the mold. Out of the 750,000 or so men and women who risk their own lives by running towards danger while others cower, a handful a year commit a bad act that makes the news. So the answer? To form a massive lynch mob and go after them all?

If you can't see the false narrative you are painting about law enforcement or how dangerous your suggestion is, it's likely because you have intentionally blinded yourself to it. Why?

You know most of us, in fact nearly all of us, never have any negative interaction with law enforcement unless it's a traffic ticket or as a victim receiving their help. People who have a lot of negative interaction with cops clearly bring it on themselves and there is something wrong going on in their lives or the lives of those they are around. Of course in some cases things like drug addiction, alcoholism or mental illness play a role, but still between them and treatment the cops are left to deal with them.

I think it speaks highly of people in law enforcement that more mistakes are not made. They should be praised for that in fact. Most of their detractors could not do the job they do.

Your idea is not only a bad one, it's a very, very dangerous one and I'm certain most adults in this country would agree with that fully.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm tired of police justifying their crimes with their pathetic neuroses, "what if" scenarios that actually aren't reality and the "I was in fear of my life" nonsense that has perpetuated this situation since around the year 2000 to this day... nearly two decades of escalating police violence against the public.. it is only getting worse.

Wow, all the way back to the year 2000 you say? And it's been escalating the whole time? Do you know what was also escalating over the last two decades? Social media usage and camera phone ownership. It's the reporting and publicizing of these acts that has increased, not the actual number of acts.

It's also very callous of you to mock the uncertainty in the daily life of a police officer. "What if" scenarios are very real, and imperative to the safety of police officers. Easy for you to talk s*** sitting in the comfort of your home though.

Regardless, lets run some numbers. Based on a quick search, in 2008 there were about 765,000 full-time officers with general arrest powers. That number has certainly grown in the last decade, but let's use it to make sure we don't over estimate. Let's say each of those has a very generously low 1 interaction with a citizen on a daily basis. Over the course of the year, that means there would be at least 279 million interactions. More realistically, the number is going to be far into the billions, but let's use it. And even with the all-seeing-eye we call 'social media', we hear about how many really bad interactions in a year? Let's be safe and call it 10/day, so 3,650 a year. That's .00001%. So, absolute worst case scenario here, 1 in every 100,000 interactions are bad to the point they get a strong media attention (which takes almost nothing these days).

Given all the degenerates and people with a false sense of entitlement in our society, I say that's a pretty darn good record. I say keep up the good work. Anyone who doesn't understand that you're obligated to comply with an officers commands deserves a good beat down.
edit on 12/30/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Mike Slager just went to prison for the exact situation you describe. You can't have it both ways buddy: first you say none get prosecuted, then you say 99% don't get prosecuted. Which is it? If you want a debate, you have to pick a point, not pick a bunch of points that don't agree with each other.

Nit picky, one guy and one percent?

Letter of the law, huh? Look at the pic below, famous for its origins, the Rodney King beatdown. Everyone but everyone knows it was unjust and every single officer present in the pic below went back to the station that night, filled out their reports and not one said they saw anything wrong. They didn't know a video camera had captured the events yet. Not that that mattered, even with video they were all found not guilty in a court of law.

Thats what the OP is talking about and you are sidestepping, "buddy" ol pal, ol friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Its their job to die in the one of duty protecting the public

Therein lies the one single largest fallacy you have ever put into a post.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Its their job to die in the one of duty protecting the public

Therein lies the one single largest fallacy you have ever put into a post.

"Line of duty", I corrected that, thanks.

If necessary., yes. Its been changed, just like the meaning of Public Servant and Peace Officer.

Now they protect the Establishment, inflict Zero Tolerance Policy on their subjects (citizens)
I.e., shoot first, ask questions later.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join