It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House spending bill gives children's health insurance new funding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Despite all the sensationalism and sympathy gloating, the U.S. House is in fact trying to re-fund the "Childrens Heath" program known as CHIP.

They are trying to pass a temporary funding bill apparently right now.

Too many stories all over the place about how Congress wants to end the program !!

Not ending.

House spending bill gives children's health insurance new funding

A short-term House spending bill to fund the government until Jan. 19 includes nearly $3 billion to tide over states running out of funds from the Children’s Health Insurance Program.

The continuing resolution released early Thursday morning gives CHIP $2.85 billion in new funding through the end of March. It also includes $750 million in new money for community health centers and a special diabetes program that also are short on funds.

The short-term fix that House Republicans hope to pass today is not a long-term, multiyear reauthorization that some lawmakers had hoped. However, it does inject new funds for states that are running short. CHIP and community health center program funding expired on Sept. 30.

I think many politicians are more "concerned" about funding the administrative salaries than the "children".

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
But I just read an OP that said the opposite...this isnt true, GOP wants to kill children right? Right guys?

Am I the only one? Boy is my face red.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All this whining about Chip is a GD farce.

Medicaid was created SPECIFICALLY for the poor.

CHIP was created to do what ?

The GOP had always supported CHIP, which provides insurance to the children of families who earn too much for Medicaid, but do not receive insurance through their employers.

nymag.com...

Just exactly how many government programs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
edit on 21-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is great. God works in mysterious ways. We get a debt jubilee til end of March.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
But I just read an OP that said the opposite...this isnt true, GOP wants to kill children right? Right guys?

Am I the only one? Boy is my face red.

FEMA.Care

^^^ the "be all" - "end all" solution !!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
too many programs.

Taxing the middle class to pay for the poor doesn't scale well.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Unlike some, I don’t give a dam about winning an argument (AS USUAL) IF this is true-- wonderful.
THEY SHOULD HAVE DON’T IT FASTER

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
3 Billion?? Holy crap!! Why does it cost so much?

edit on 21-12-2017 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many stories all over the place about how Congress wants to end the program !!

i believe those stories are actually about how the GOP prioritized ramming through a bunch of tax cuts for rich people, and let CHIP lapse to the point that many states were about to run out of funding, forcing them to deny services. you might want to read past the headlines?

at any rate, nice that they finally got their heads out of their butts long enough to put a bandaid on it. hopefully when they're done with their nice, long christmas break they can actually do something more substantial to provide ongoing aid.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

There's nothing in the tax bill that cuts any social program funding is there?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Unlike some, I don’t give a dam about winning an argument (AS USUAL) IF this is true-- wonderful.

It's always good to not don't anything faster.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

There's nothing in the tax bill that cuts any social program funding is there?

that has literally nothing to do with what i posted.

also, the routine is always to pass large tax cuts and run up the deficit and then turn around and cut the social programs after, to make up for it. they're already talking about it.

your little duck and shuffle routines are brainless, to be quite honest. but you have a great future in right-wing media...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
look, let's just get to the inevitable....do away with an elected representative government, and install billionaires and corporations to run our country, like Russia has......

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It's always good to not don't anything faster.

😂😂

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The House is voting on something right now.

Looks like everything will be "funded" despite the smear tactics displayed.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So how much "less" will the Federal government receive in taxes ?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As always, proving the naysayers wrong. Did you see that other thread about the same issue, 'cept with tear an whine on the spread of spineless back?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So how much "less" will the Federal government receive in taxes ?

have you heard of google? the kids use it to answer questions. it's pretty neat.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

They should have done it faster? It never even ended, they just extended it. What do you mean they should have done it faster? It's like you wanted this to end so you could shoot negativity at Republicans, at the expense of sick kids, because you really never cared at all. It was all about verbally shooting your political opponent.

SAD!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

i believe those stories are actually about how the GOP prioritized ramming through a bunch of tax cuts for rich people, and let CHIP lapse to the point that many states were about to run out of funding, forcing them to deny services. you might want to read past the headlines?

at any rate, nice that they finally got their heads out of their butts long enough to put a bandaid on it. hopefully when they're done with their nice, long christmas break they can actually do something more substantial to provide ongoing aid.

When did it run out?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join