It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House spending bill gives children's health insurance new funding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: LSU0408
When did it run out?

*ahem*

many states were about to run out of funding

originally posted by: LSU0408
Admit it, you've never seen a president as smooth and smart as Trump

ha... thanks for the laugh

You quoted yourself as a source? Really?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

that may be true, but let's not pretend the republicans do it any differently when the situations's reversed...

I didn't suggest otherwise... but we are talking about 2017/18 now right? But ya I would love to wipe congress clean and start all over...lol

The main point is with both you and Willtell you are all quick to say EVIL REPUBLICANS ARE TAKING AWAY CHIP FOR MILLIONS OF KIDS and not see the situation for what it really is.

The Dems are in a real pickle especially if people get more back in their taxes and companies like the AT&T etc say things like they are increasing all their min wages to 15 and giving everyone a bonus.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I didn't suggest otherwise... but we are talking about 2017/18 now right? But ya I would love to wipe congress clean and start all over...lol

that would be quite nice

The main point is with both you and Willtell you are all quick to say EVIL REPUBLICANS ARE TAKING AWAY CHIP FOR MILLIONS OF KIDS and not see the situation for what it really is.

i don't think i did. i said they didn't prioritize it.. which has left it in the lurch, and now with a bandaid on it. the GOP isn't trying to work with the other side of the aisle at all, which is why we have this nonsense reconciliation process instead of actual legislation to begin with.

originally posted by: Khaleesi
You quoted yourself as a source? Really?

somebody asked me when did X happen, when i did not say X happened, so i reposted my post to clarify that.

i hope this post clarifies that for you.
edit on 21-12-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Senate just passed the spending bill !!

Quite a few "No" votes !!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many stories all over the place about how Congress wants to end the program !!

i believe those stories are actually about how the GOP prioritized ramming through a bunch of tax cuts for rich people, and let CHIP lapse to the point that many states were about to run out of funding, forcing them to deny services. you might want to read past the headlines?

at any rate, nice that they finally got their heads out of their butts long enough to put a bandaid on it. hopefully when they're done with their nice, long christmas break they can actually do something more substantial to provide ongoing aid.

If you consider the middle class to be rich people, you probably should have worked harder at school.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
If you consider the middle class to be rich people, you probably should have worked harder at school.

i guess i should just start defining every single term i use in every single post, so that 'gotcha' players don't think they've found a clever remark to make?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

you seem to have left this part out of your post:

and let CHIP lapse

When did it lapse?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
a reply to: fiverx313

you seem to have left this part out of your post:

and let CHIP lapse

When did it lapse?

CHIP didn't lapse, and it's not going to.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.senate.gov... here is the roll call vote results for the bill

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
funding for CHIP expired on september 30, 2017

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: xuenchen

www.senate.gov... here is the roll call vote results for the bill

Thank You.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

funding for CHIP expired on september 30, 2017

But there was still "money in the bank" so to speak? And they re-funded it before the money ran out? So what's the problem? I mean, I understand that they waited kinda late but they did re-fund it before it ran out of money. I'm not sure why everyone is up in arms over this.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Lots of people fell for the MSM again.

As we now see.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

i don't think i did. i said they didn't prioritize it.. which has left it in the lurch, and now with a bandaid on it. the GOP isn't trying to work with the other side of the aisle at all, which is why we have this nonsense reconciliation process instead of actual legislation to begin with.

I'm not sure what prioritize means here...has there been one child that lost their CHIP for even one day? Trump wants and has worked with the Democrats, but once again they can't be involved too much otherwise the majority would look successful and that could hurt them next elections. Why help your nemesis in anyway? You and I both disagree with this attitude but that is what we got.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Trump signed this extension and the tax bill this morning.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The Dems are in a real pickle especially if people get more back in their taxes and companies like the AT&T etc say things like they are increasing all their min wages to 15 and giving everyone a bonus.

But we'll get less in services.

And AT&T only gave that concession after the union browbeat them into it. It wasn't something they decided out of the goodness of their hearts.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

And AT&T only gave that concession after the union browbeat them into it. It wasn't something they decided out of the goodness of their hearts.

My company has already increased capital expenses for my department by a good deal. This means a lot more needed equipment etc. They are also increasing our yearly bonuses too since that bonus has a modifier for how much the company makes in a year. That is my example, we will see what pay increase there are next year, but to make one out of the blue is extreme typically for any company.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join