It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modelling Clay False Tooth Stuck In With Superglue

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Please don't mention dentists. I don't do dentists.

The superglue is safe, but it wont seal and rotting food will build toxins
dentists.
dentists.
dentists.
dentists.

But seriously, if you dont have tonsils, go to the dentist or leave it out
edit on 18-12-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Why a false one? He has a real tooth.

The one that fell out.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Why a false one? He has a real tooth.

The one that fell out.

op said he was making his own from modeling clay .
figured would give them bit better option on the list of bad ideas .

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I got my upper right lateral (tooth next to the front two) knocked out.

I have a "flipper". It's basically a retainer without the metal bar with a tooth attached. No pain getting it made, looks great (color matched and sized right), can eat with it and whatnot. They just take a mold of your teeth, ship it off to a lab, then make a few adjustments to it and you're good.

It was cheaper than a dental implant (I think mine was $300 but my dentist always gives me a really good deal so I think expect $500). Dental implant is about $2,000 to $3,000. I want to get one, but I'm lazy and it takes a long time for the bone to build up on the screw they pop into your jaw.

I've broken the tooth off the thing a few times and tried super glue. There's one kind that's technically safe after it's dried (I forget how you determine that, Google it) but it doesn't really work well. I can't imagine you've made a convincing false tooth at home out of modeling clay. Maybe you did. It's probably obvious it doesn't look right, at the very least the color has to be off.

Quit being a candyass
the dentist isn't that bad. I've had my share of dental surgery that wasn't fun (only two fillings though!) and I just act like I'm brave until it's done. It beats having something go wrong down the road and needing WAY more surgery, getting sick, whatever. I think you can easily find a dentist that will load you up with some drugs if you really have a phobia. I know how horrifying a phobia can be, but this is the kind where you have to actually deal with it. It'll be over fast and they'll give you happy pills. You'll feel WAY better about yourself having a tooth that looks good, and tackling something that scares you.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KesterPlease, I'll plead with the others. If you haven't yet, please, oh please let this wretched gathering view that funkyass toof !!! PLEASE ???!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just go full Hee-Haw.
March in a gap-pride parade.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Have you experienced this rapid spread of infection or is it dentists sales talk?

Vit C has done me well on face swelling jaw infections.

It’s great fun. You will curse everything up to and including God. Soon after, points of light
will sparkle in your peripherals traveling on gossamer strands that spark when they reach a wall. Every mundane thing you see will appear as crystalline and fine Dutch masterpieces in oil. You will finally understand what Tesla was thinking, and realize it has all been weaponized, pulsing, coded and forming amazing waveforms no one wearing an orange vest and hard hat will ever grasp. Eventually you will pass out. Stay hydrated.

Oregano oil kills the pain fast, by nuking the germs surrounding your brain. You can feel it. Use smilax ornata to help carry off the endotoxins. This infection scenario, btw,
can kill you. In lieu of a competent oral surgeon, make sure you have some decent tools. Nothing sillier than creating problems fumbling about with medieval clunkery. Go no deeper than you must, and above all, trust your instincts over the depth gage.

# 920
edit on 19-12-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

I'm inspired to make one of those, I wasn't aware of them. I'm tempted to give it a cyborg look.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Seek out a "sleeping" dental clinic that works with an anesthesiologist, they put you to sleep and you wake up with it all done

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I had a friend right after college, a pretty woman, but she had osteogenesis imperfecta. That is a genetic condition with weak bones and teeth. For her, she would break bones easily, and her teeth would fall out.

She used superglue to put them back in, but they were her original teeth, not made of clay.

It worked sometimes. Her glued-in teeth were a hue darker than her originals, but you would need to look closely to tell

I would never have known, except that while out drinking one night with a group of people, she knocked one of her teeth out, went into the bathroom, and returned with it glued back into place. I can't criticize that, because it was a lot cheaper than a dentist, and apparently her teeth fell out a lot anyway. She was fun hah. There was another time which she fell down, again out drinking, and broke her cheek bone, got a black eye, and broke her wrist all in one go. She acted like it was nothing, and didn't even complain. I think her life made her really tough.

But I am not sure how clay would work. Do you still have your original tooth?

edit on 19-12-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You might want to rethink the "don't do dentists" thing. My mother-in-law, several decades back, had a tooth problem, didn't heed the dentist and as a consequence awoke in the middle the night a few weeks later with numbness and paralysis on one side of her body. Long story short, she was rushed to the local hospital and from there on to a larger hospital several hours away. She seemed to improve, but during her second night there had a major set back and was rushed to surgery for an emergency brain operation. When the surgeon came out, he told us he'd had to remove an abscess as big as his two fists together and that it was the result of an infection in one of her teeth traveling to her brain...an infection she had decided to just tough out. She was rallying beautifully one minute and the next...dead. Problems with your teeth aren't something you want to mess with, ignore or ATTEMPT to screw around with yourself. And especially messing around with super glue IN your mouth and the delicate tissues therein. Just go to the damned dentist! No one in their right mind LIKES going to one, but your very LIFE can actually be dependent on one! To tell you how it impacted my husband and his two sisters would take pages. Suffice it to say that in the weirdest way it was the beginning of the long, painful road to the end to my marriage for one thing....

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
A friend kept using super glue for a crown or cap, after a month he was having trouble breathing, turns out the chemical in the super glue was very bad to constantly breath in, just a warning to you sir, I have two cracked front teeth, I’m trying to delay the dentist too

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm into diy dentistry myself. There are no insurance covered dentists left for me in my area. It's not my hobby. Screw this mafia. Here are some points from my research.
Check this out DIY-destritry
You'll need a drill, a compressor, dental air powder brush to remove tartar... you can get some Chinese system on ebay under $200, Glycine powder micronized in a grinder will do the trick and is less abrasive than baking soda commonly used for air brush.
Once all visible tartar biofilm is removed the rest of Streptococcus mutans can be managed by xylitol, colloidal silver.
Superblue mouthwash contains all of these but you can buy these and make your own. Xylitol is essential. Streptococcus m. is eating it but it's not able to digest it and dies which is wonderfull. However it's useless when you have your mouth covered with tartar biofilm.
Search engine superglue + baking soda trick - it's several times harder.
Whatever, here it is : www.youtube.com...
I wonder if I can blend it with bioceramics (hydroxyapatite or tricalcium phosphate) from egg shells to make it even better
Here's the process: www.sciencedirect.com...
In theory the dentin is like a bone and should be able to regrow while the remineralization can be promoted by using bio-compatible materials for fixes. Diet high in collagen and silica and low in sugar is essential imo. Also, plants contain phosphorus in bond with phytic acid which is an antinutrient. Without phytase it's useless.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Not dentist sale talk. I hate dentists and going to the doctor in general but i can tell you from experience, It will become infected. And left untreated will start to swell. A tooth abscess can kill you if left untreated. Antibiotics will only rid the infection for awhile...and it will return until you get it taken care of.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Not ashamed to say I clicked on this thread for the sheer WTF of it all. I do hope you see the dentist.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
go to a dentist. if u can an implant is the best option. what your not realizing is when u lose a tooth the bones around it that makeup your jaw also start to diminish and weaken. if u get an implant it facilitates the bone growth keeping your jaw nice and strong. there can be complications though if your body decides to reject the implant. they are pretty rare though.

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I take super good care of my teeth but it doesn't matter, I have what dentist say are very "soft" teeth. While I was at work a big portion of my front tooth just fell off. I'm not joking. The dentist said I have unusually deep ridges and it just chipped. It was repaired, ten years ago. Last week, the other side of that tooth did the same thing. Went to the dentist and they fixed that side. Basically there is a small sliver of real tooth between the two fake portions, and you know what it all looks totally real. Getting it fixed was fast and painless, and really did not cost that much. Seriously, please find a place that does gentle dentistry and you will not regret it. That first side that fell off has lasted over ten years!! Here is the other thing, I told them I do not want cleanings or anything else, I just wanted that tooth fixed, and they did that. Last two times I went for a cleaning they said I didn't have any tartar or plaque and felt I was just paying for them to buff my teeth, again I take extreme care of my teeth, I just lacked fluoride growing up and have genetically soft teeth.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
A false tooth is not necessary. That is a cosmetic issue. If indeed your tooth is totally gone, too bad! Otherwise seek a dentist for clean up immediately or your going to be in a world of pain. No wants the pain but it will be way worse if you don't find a school of dentistry at least if cost is the issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
First of all - sorry for your loss. Dentist is probably your best bet but from reading all five pages of this, it seems there are some other, more ingenious(?) solutions to your issue.

Secondly thanks for the laughs. Thursdays don't often start with laughs.

Disclaimer - I am not licensed to provide medical advice. Clay teeth included apparently
edit on 21-12-2017 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In my understanding you can't have a lack of fluoride. Not even as a trace mineral but that it's like saying you lack some heavy metal in your diet. It's a bad halogen. If you drink some tea every other day you have too much. Search engine that. What you had lack of is rather collagen and silica, vit D, the Sun and exercise for growth hormone.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join