It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modelling Clay False Tooth Stuck In With Superglue

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Kind of an impressive attempt at fixing the problem I must say.

It probably won't hold, I think you need to go see a dentist. If nothing else, just get it pulled. You can get a bridge later.

I would like to see a pic too.
To See what kind of artist you are.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Great work.

It might fall down your throat when you are sleeping!!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Great work.

It might fall down your throat when you are sleeping!!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

herbal drugs can influence sedation through interacting with the sedative drugs

www.sedationsolutions.co.uk...

Have to lay off the herbal drugs first. That means living with the state that herbal drugs are used to conceal. Possibly impossible.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Home dentistry is potentially one of the safest and healthiest things you can do.
followed by home surgery.
Look I take a risk coloring my hair at home.
Some things are just better left to the professionals. LOL.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That polymer clay is potentially itself toxic.

There used to be some online businesses that make dental prosthetic. I'm guessing they're still in business. They're fairly inexpensive. They send you the alginate so you can make a mold of your existing teeth. Then they fashion a partial and send it back to you.

No dentists involved.

I'm not a fan of dentists myself. However, I've had pretty good luck taking a couple of pills before I go. Like a benzodiazepine nerve pill and an opioid pain pill. I pissed off a dentist once who was having a hard time doing an extraction. He was nearly standing on my head trying to get that thing out. And I laughed at him.

-dex

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I'm hoping that won't be a problem.

If I make one out of precious metal clay I'll have to wash it off and retrieve it.

Ewwww.

Art Clay Gold Clay - 3gm (1 REVIEW) £216.62 (Exc Tax) £259.95 (Inc Tax)

www.metalclay.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Epoxy and dental plaster.

there was a Daily Show about 10 years or more ago where they found a guy who used epoxy, a dremel and pea gravel to replace several of his own teeth.

They made him look like an idiot, but it was pretty ingenious IMHO!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

there was a Daily Show about 10 years or more ago where they found a guy who used epoxy, a dremel and pea gravel to replace several of his own teeth.

You might be a redneck, if...

Epoxy

Yeah, I was also going to say a quick setting marine epoxy would be preferable to superglue, but in the event he decided to go to a dentist, it would be hell removing it and would ultimately cost even more, and possibly damage it even more.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Wait.

If the tooth fell out, do you still have it? it so, use it instead of making one out of clay.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So does my husband, but he finds that he can tolerate procedures with sedation dentistry. The pills aren't anesthesia.

I worked at an office when a lady came in with a life threatening allergy to lidocaine, and all it's subsequent cousins. She amazed me, she needed a crown, and with a few valium, managed to tolerate the pain. To this day, I just don't understand how she managed it, but she did.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Relevant point this.

You don't want to do too good a job if it's to be redone.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Marine epoxy?!?

A real man would get a stainless Hilti concrete anchor and torque that into their jawbone and then weld a metal tooth on the top of that for a true DIY smile.

edit on 18-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I felt like a fool when I compared the modelled and baked tooth to the original and realised I could have just glued the original back in.

But modelling does give artistic licence.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I just had my father die from having some teeth pulled for upper dentures. He got a blood infection that caused him to pass out and he hit his head causing a brain bleed. Then 10 months of on and off life support ended 12/6/17. There are strep bacteria around the teeth and gums. The dentist did not give him antibiotics even though he was 78 and a diabetic.

Whatever you do, make sure you get to a doc if you start feeling off and get checked for a blood infection. My dad makes the 3rd person on my street that died after dental work. One simply having one tooth pulled.

They quit giving antibiotics to prevent drug resistance. However, it is easy to not notice an infection until it is too late. A girl I knew a few years ago had some dental work and the bacteria got in her blood and attacked the heart valves. Apparently the bacteria that attacks enamel also attacks the material heart valves are made of. She had to have her heart valves replaced 1 year later. She was in her 20's.

edit on 18/12/17 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm avoiding spiked stainless steel for fear of puncturing my tongue.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Condolences for your loss. I'm dealing with dying and crazy parents right now, I know how it affects us.

Apparently the bacteria that attacks enamel also attacks the material heart valves are made of.

I'll look into this. I'm aware there is a connection.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, the OP said to wield a drill he would have to be sober, which is seemingly backwards, I think, for dental work of this magnitude.

Welding. I never considered the weld. That's genius.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Apparently the bacteria that attacks enamel also attacks the material heart valves are made of.

Infection can also spread from the gums/teeth into the bone marrow and travel into the brain.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Have you considered using "Milliput"?

You can get pure white. It's a two-part epoxy putty that sets rock hard after a few hours and can be used like regular clay with a little water. Sets AND BONDS under wet conditions which is great. Originally developed for plumbers but now used for modelling and endless fixes and creations.

1. Make tooth from milliput to replace old one and leave to set hard.
2. Clean root/gum.
3. Add a new "slimey" mix of milliput to the base of the tooth you made.
3. Fix new tooth in place and wait until cured. Boring eh?....
4. Show us pics of new fix

There are also similar products around similar to milliput that are specifically for dental use, might be worth searching.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join