It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modelling Clay False Tooth Stuck In With Superglue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have to give you props for figuring out how to do something like this yourself, although I would recommend going to the dentist? Although you said you only had to fix your tooth for a few days?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Did your friend consume enough Vit C to create digestional wind?

I find that works for tooth related infections.

I have no idea what that means. It sounds like you are saying farting (digestional wind) works for tooth infections but I am pretty certain I am incorrect about that.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Kester, for the love of god, please go to a dentist. There have been cases of people getting very sick because the infection spreads up the head, if it goes on long enough, into the brain. It will spread into the blood stream, and can cause heart problems. I used to be a dental assistant.

Sedation dentistry is perhaps an option for you? All it is is two little pills, and you will sleep heavily, it will knock you out during your procedure. At a minimum, just go to get antibiotics. Super glue won't work, but I give you points for creativity.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

Or just live with the gap.

or be super cool like me and go with a full gold permanent crown

link   
a reply to: evc1shop

It's not money issues, it's an almost complete inability to bond with the 'real' world.

Bridge to adjoining teeth sounds sensible.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: artnut

I have had problems with anaesthetics. My mother had similar problems. When the anaesthetic doesn't work the operatives think you're just imagining the pain, then you grab their wrists and it all goes bad.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Ah, okay. Bridge to adjoining will still need a dentist (sorry, had to say it) as they would drill into the adjacent teeth to put the anchors for the false tooth. Assuming the two other teeth are healthy enough to receive this treatment, of course.

Good luck getting through this. I personally would choose the implant if you could afford it and actually can bring yourself to see the man with the chair.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The art shop had sold out of gold Fimo so I was stuck with white.

I'm aiming for gold with a huge fake diamond embedded.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Drilling into adjacent teeth.

I'll have to be sober for that.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Isn't the modelling clay soft? I'd at least chip of a piece of porcelain from the back of a toilet lid and use a dremel tool to fashion it into a shape of a tooth. Boil it in bleach then glue that monster in.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I feel ya. I HATE the dentist. They have them around here that will "twilight" you so you can get a bunch of stuff done. Good luck!

ETA: a tooth infection can quickly spread to the heart tissue. It can be deadly! Don't play around.
edit on 12/18/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Home dentistry is potentially one of the safest and healthiest things you can do.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here's hoping it never goes down your wind pipe. Sealing that shut might not be too good.
I did a quick Google and it's not poisonous per se' but it can be dangerous in other ways.
Dentists have great drugs these days. I lost a front tooth and got a permanent replacement. My son was squatting down once and I bent over to pick him up at the same time that he jumped up. Bang. It was loosened but in place. Then six years later that same son was walking in front of me up a hill in the woods that was covered with wet pine needles. He slipped and knocked me in the mouth with his arm sealing the fate of that tooth. But the replacement which cost me the two teeth on either side of the gap as they were the anchors for the new tooth, is very secure. And it looks great. My regular dentist praises the cosmetic work every time he sees me. It costs about $2500.00 for a bridge that is permanent. About eight hundred for one that is removable.
There's no pain in getting this done. None at all.
edit on 12182017 by Sillyolme because: I hate auto correct

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
o.O

Dude, just rock the gap and tell people you had the tooth knocked out playing hockey or boxing or something.

Or adopt the pirate accent, a parrot & and run with it. Either/or.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are my shining star.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tophat21

Fimo. It's formed soft then baked in the oven. I'm impressed with the accuracy of my first attempt.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

My son was squatting down once and I bent over to pick him up at the same time that he jumped up.

Been there. You just have to smile.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't do dentists either but I havr two words for you:

Conscious Sedation

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm leaning towards this.

I just went for a pee and checked the gap in the mirror. What the hell.

link   

originally posted by: Kester

It's not money issues, it's an almost complete inability to bond with the 'real' world.

Bridge to adjoining teeth sounds sensible.

IIRC bridges do better in the front. But it will likely fail at some point and the two supporting teeth could go with it. Also, they will have to be prepped to hold the bridge, which means they will be filed down.

If you can swing the cost of an implant...it will probably last your lifetime.

A front tooth is worth an implant if you can afford it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join