It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge throws out riot charges against Trump’s Inauguration Day protestors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

If what they are doing is lawful, why where masks?

Because they can. It's not illegal, and it certainly isn't evidence of wrongdoing even if it helps make wrongdoing easier to do. This is like saying, "if the person isn't doing anything wrong then they have nothing to fear," in defense of infringing on someone's right to privacy when it comes to police work.

Why don't you come out and just say you want all liberals arrested because you don't like us? It makes as much logical sense as implicating someone for wrongdoing just because they wore a mask.
edit on 13-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I went to an anti-Gaza war protest a few years back...

Turns out there was a vindictive Zionist group taking photos of protesters and doxxing them to try and get them fired from their jobs...

This is an example of something that can happen at any protest that upsets certain people.
I came prepared because I was already weary of such tactics.

A lot of others do the same.

Ultimately wearing a mask is not a crime, and it’s not indicative of someone preparing to commit a crime...
So it’s really none of your business.
edit on 13-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Their There They’re

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'm not defending them...but myself. I don't want to find myself in a wrong place wrong time scenario where I'm catching a felony just for being around others committing a crime. If there is evidence then charge them...if not then maybe look for some.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I went to an anti-Gaza war protest a few years back...

Turns out there was a vindictive Zionist group taking photos of protesters and doxxing them to try and get them fired from their jobs...

This is an example of something that can happen at any protest that upsets certain people.
I came prepared because I was already weary of such tactics.

A lot of others do the same.

Ultimately wearing a mask is not a crime, and it’s not indicative of someone preparing to commit a crime...
So it’s really none of your business.

Like Antifa doesn't DOX people who they claim are Nazi's??? Please, play stupid games win stupid prizes! If what you are doing is Righteous and falls within the laws of this country, there is no need to wear masks.
You knew damn well the crew you were running with would most likely violate the law and that's why you wore a mask!
Cowards!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't disagree...but its pretty cut and dry. Either there is sufficient evidence or there isn't. If there is proceeded if not what can you do? I am very much for catching criminals though not at the cost of freedoms or our rights.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

As far as DOXing, republishing public info is different then forcing it to be turned over. But then the authorities have basically created laws to support it.

As far as the rest of the post, seems rational. Hiding the face almost always is to avoid being IDed in a criminal act or maybe Halloween.

edit:

If a person doesn't want to be identified, it lessens the truth of the protest. Just set up a bunch of people cardboard cut offs. Both show lack of heart.

edit on 12/13/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What happened to the USA being a fascist country?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh well. That Judge just let some anarchist terrorists back onto the streets.

What a fun time America seems to be having.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There were good people there.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So if the charges and potential punishment in this case wasn't ridiculous enough it got even worse during the closing arguments. The prosecutor flat out told the jury to ignore the judge's instructions in regards to reasonable doubt.

How can anyone deny that these cases are nothing more than a witch hunt designed to scare anyone from speaking out against this administration?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Hey now! Didn't you hear? They wore masks; therefore they are clearly guilty. So screw due process! If you wear a mask then you should immediately go to jail!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The prosecution's entire case against the journalist that was arrested is that they were using words like "black bloc" and "kettle" in their reporting so they're clearly a rioter.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah and posters in this very thread are suggesting that due process should be avoided because they were wearing masks, and "you only wear a mask if you are hiding something". Both equally dumb arguments that show that the right isn't looking for justice here. Only to implement political suppression, and they are hiding it less and less every day.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And these are the same people that thought it was a grave miscarriage of justice that the Bundyites were even arrested for leading an armed occupation of federal property and cheered when they were all let off without any kind of punishment.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I know. It's hypocrisy like this that has me convinced that they truly only care about political suppression and not so much a thirst for the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join