It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge throws out riot charges against Trump’s Inauguration Day protestors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Really? Most of the people at the protest aren't innocent? There were thousands that participated in the #J20 protests. Damage was relatively minimal. Logic dictates that most were innocent. Unless of course simply protesting the sitting administration is now a crime.

And facial recognition software? So you want the US to employ the UK practice of putting CCTV on every street corner?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How was Trump guilty? I don't recall Trump standing trial for any incitement charges. You aren't conflating the "court of public opinion" with judicial law are you? Because the court of public opinion is meaningless and that would make your point 100% dumb.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: RickyD

I don't think anyone is saying committing illegal acts are ok...but prosecuting someone without any evidence other than them being present while crimes were committed is an awful precedent to set. If any of these people can be identified in commission of said crimes including encouraging the commission of those crimes ,which would be incitement, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

If they are dressed all in black with their faces covered, and that GROUP known for being violent and destructive starts their same ole same ole, then BUST their ass!
I despise Antifa cowards and their pathetic mob tactics. Why do they cover their faces? Because they KNOW they will be committing crimes!

So people should be arrested for what clothes they wear?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Innocent is a relative term.
Let's go with not guilty.
And no you can't prosecute those bystanders.
I did say that.

And the crowd was already on video.
No need to add any survalence cameras with everybody holding a cell phone.

Just use the software on the existing video.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I can't wait to go assault some leftists when the next Dimocrat gets elected.

What a great precedence set by this ruling.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And what are you going to do with that software? You yourself just said they're not guilty.
edit on 12/13/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

I seriously hope you carry out this strawman, but I know you are being facetious and purposely obtuse here and won't do it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

The precedence of finding people not guilty due to no evidence supporting a guilty decision?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You find the ones that are committing the crimes.
You ignore the ones that are just protesting.
Why's that so hard?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i think the police should be allowed to shoot rioters, save time and money

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How was Trump guilty? I don't recall Trump standing trial for any incitement charges. You aren't conflating the "court of public opinion" with judicial law are you? Because the court of public opinion is meaningless and that would make your point 100% dumb.

That was simply priceless after Moore.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2017 by neo96 because: double post

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yeah

Lets 'protest' Jones Democrat style.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

What happened to Moore outside of not being elected to the Senate? I don't recall him standing trial for anything either. Is Moore currently serving jail time in your reality or something? Because I can't see how your post here is related to anything we are talking about. It's like you don't understand how the judicial system works or something.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, this didn't happen, say, at a county fair by people protesting the subjugation and slaughter of livestock, this was a group of people during the presidential inauguration.

The broader picture matters, but I do still agree that it was lazy AND over-reaching policing to do it this way.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Just remember, "Free Speech is Hate Speech." and you should be fine! Also if you are going to chant some kindergarden nonsense, ALWAYS start it with "Hey Hey HO HO".

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Assuming they can even identify the guilty parties what happens to all the data in regards to the not guilty parties? Last time I checked law enforcement doesn't really like to give that kind of stuff up regardless of a person's guilt.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

So you agree that cops should be allowed to shoot the inevitable protestors that will come when the next Democrat President is elected?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It's beyond obvious the partisans can't think beyond the current situation. It goes without saying that the pendulum will swing back and everything they are snidely saying about the Democrats and Democrat voters can be applied to them in due time. It's best not to sink to that level to begin with so you don't feel the wrath of your own pettiness.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: RickyD

I don't think anyone is saying committing illegal acts are ok...but prosecuting someone without any evidence other than them being present while crimes were committed is an awful precedent to set. If any of these people can be identified in commission of said crimes including encouraging the commission of those crimes ,which would be incitement, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

If they are dressed all in black with their faces covered, and that GROUP known for being violent and destructive starts their same ole same ole, then BUST their ass!
I despise Antifa cowards and their pathetic mob tactics. Why do they cover their faces? Because they KNOW they will be committing crimes!

So people should be arrested for what clothes they wear?

I didn't say that did I?
If what they are doing is lawful, why where masks?
I guess Antifa MUST BE Islamaphobic being they destroyed a Muslim owned Limo???? lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join