It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Lone Gunman Opens Fire in NY Mall - 2 Injured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Breaking news - KINGSTON, NY 2 men, dressed in black have opened fire in a mall in Kingston NY. At least one is still at large. There are reports of 3 to 10 injured.
The mall is in lock down right now

hosted.ap.org
KINGSTON, N.Y. (AP) -- A lone gunman opened fire with an assault rifle Sunday inside a crowded mall in upstate New York, wounding one person before running out of ammunition and being subdued by employees, authorities said.

The gunman began shooting inside the Hudson Valley Mall shortly after 3 p.m. in Kingston, nearly 90 miles north of New York City.

The 24-year-old gunman went into a Best Buy store and started firing. When he ran out of ammunition, he was captured by mall employees, police said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is no known motive for the shooting at this time. It may have been a vendetta, where the shooter was trying to take revenge on someone in the mall.

However this is doubtful as the reports are that the gunman was shooting randomly.

A scary possibility is that this is a copy of the Columbine shootings. A deranged young men trying to take revenge on people in that mall for perceived wrongs.

[edit on 2/13/2005 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
New reports say possible three shooters, one in custody. Suspects were armed with pistols, and dressed all in black.
8 to 10 wounded.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My wife was just working at this mall. She can't get back in to get her keys and I can't go get her. She is on her way back with a friend from work right now. Crazy #.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
UPDATE : there are now saying there a 3 men

they have 1 of the men the other 2 are still on the lose.

www.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I just saw it on Fox TV now. Here is another link:

Police respond to mall shooting in Kingston Not much content.

And another. Still no real details.

Gunmen Open Fire at Mall in Upstate N.Y.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"The suspect is described as a black male of unknown age, wearing a black and yellow plastic-like jacket or shift cover."

If you're in the area, keep a watch for him - unlikely anyone can help (or even get out of the way) but considering someone on here's wife worked in the very same mall, it's possible.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No known motive for the shootings yet, but some theories include gang related.

There are descriptions of the men. They are described as husky, mid to early 20's.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Not much I can do to help. When I moved here to NY from KY, I decided to keep my pistols with my father due to strict gun laws in NY. Yet the bad guys have guns still...

But that's besides the point. My wife is OK, she has called me on her phone, but she did hear the shots. She says it seems that noone was injured.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mall still in lock down, employees are being removed one by one, and screened.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hearing an interview with police Dep. Wayne Platte... 3 shooters, one in custody. At least five wounded.

Witnesses say shots sounded like automatic fire.

This from CNN

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Reuters

One victim was evacuated by helicopter.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Currently the mall is surrounded. Police are looking for the gunmen who escaped. Still no word on motive from the one they have in custody.

The man in custody is described as 6'-2" tall, white male, and clothed in a flannel shirt and blue jeans. I have not heard a description of the 2 that remain at large.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Damn I used to live about 15 minutes away from here. Not really one of the bigger malls in the area but big enough. Hopefully there won't be any casualities. Guess I'm lucky I moved to RI.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Little more info...

Gunmen Open Fire At Mal in Upstate New York
At least one person was shot in the leg and evacuated by helicopter to an Albany hospital, police said.

The mall was evacuated after the shooting, but an unknown number of mall workers remained in lockdown inside the mall.

"Everyone was running and screaming. Then I heard the shots," witness Heather Craig told a media outlet. "People were running over people. Other people were just standing there dumbfounded."

Jen Murtha, a shopper who was in the mall at the time of the shooting, escaped without injuries.

"I'm still scared and shaky," Murtha told the Poughkeepsie Journal. "I didn't know what to think."

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Possibly more arrested in relation to this shooting. Fox News is reporting some people pulled from cars in the parking lot and taken into custody.

Police news conference scheduled for 6:15 PM (EST)

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ahh, the hospital in Albany is a great hospital. They took good care of my son when he was rushed there with breathing problems. My wife is shaking like crazy and hugged me for about half an hour. I'm glad she's ok, just a little shaken up. I grew up in a rough neighborhood on the streets and have had guns pointed to my face, but my wife is the daughter of a veterinarian and went to private school. This is a little tough for her to digest.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD
Ahh, the hospital in Albany is a great hospital. They took good care of my son when he was rushed there with breathing problems. My wife is shaking like crazy and hugged me for about half an hour. I'm glad she's ok, just a little shaken up.

I am very happy to hear she is OK. It was more then likely a very scary situation. Perhaps later... once she has been able to recover from the shock, you could get her to add her impressions, and what she saw.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Police from Ulster County, NY
Police are now saying a lone gunmen, and are ruling out a gang fight.
1 shot in leg, one injured from sharpnel or flying glass in the hand.

A 24 year old man in custody after witnesses saw him enter Best Buy and began firing. He ran out of ammo as he exited Best Buy, witnesses knocked him to floor and subdued him.
The suspect is currently being questioned.

Still interviewing witnesses.

Assault rifle recovered at the scene.

The injured do not appear to have been Best Buy employees.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I just saw on the News and the Cops said it was a lone gun man and that they caught the guy.

The only injuries they reported was on person shot in the leg and another person had a injury to the hand that was not a gun shot wound. It also seemed two workers at the mall caught the guy.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We went from three gunmen to a lone gunmen. I say hang the mother by his feet and drag his a** from the stern so the sharks can have him.

Golden Shellback

top topics

<<   2 >>

join