It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit deal: Where the hell is the outcry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I voted for Brexit because I believed it was best for our country and that Cameron and his team would negotiate a successful separation , I had no love for the man but he could talk the talk.

Me too... and for much the same reason. However I don't agree with your

summation of Cameron. I had hoped the man who had fought for 20 plus years

against the EU would have been brought into the Brexit panel after all he had

the most experience of the shifty EU!

It looks like under our weak and powerless leader May we are heading for the worst of outcomes , de facto members of the EU without any power to shape its direction , not what I voted for.

Not what I voted for either.

Every time I see Donald Tusk speak I'm reminded why I voted leave , we need to play the EU at their own game not capitulate to their hard ball tactics but that's what happens when you make deals with the Devil (DUP).

Not just Tusk ..... They all have that sanctimonious air, and run like robots

bred to keep the *hoi polloi* in order.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Yeah, the pensions suck.
We should recognise that there are certain "contractual obligations" that we have to pay.
Just to be fair.

But not a penny more than absolutely necessary.

edit on 9-12-2017 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Just seems 8 billion for pensions from one country is way too much .

So if everyone's Country is obliged to pay 8 billion ,that is in the EU .

How much is been paid yearly to these people ?

How many people are on the take ?

And wtf they do they do for all those billions ?

a reply to: Tulpa

edit on 9-12-2017 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: djz3ro

As much as I despised Cameron he was about 50 times more Prime Ministerial than Darth May. And yes, if he hung about to finish the job we'd be having different discussions on here.

I don't think so!!!

He was a Teresa May in a suit. He was out of his depth an

EU eunuch! While he was PM the EU knew the could have what ever they

wanted from the UK.

Theresa May promised us a Red, White & Blue Brexit (among other non-sensical said about a made up word) I guess we're starting to see what that actually means, and it isn't pretty...

I don't think she realised (and no one had told her) of the stranglehold the

EU had over the UK and the other countries who were becoming

restless and making noises of discontent.

I'm not saying Cameron was a great PM, he was far from it, I just think he would have done a better job of negotiating.

Are you really suggesting that May walked into the top job without knowing, full well, the relationship the EU had with Britain? Surely as Home Secretary she would have been clued up?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Where are the protests? Are my fellow leave voters just going to sit there and tolerate what May has done. Sold us down the river completely.

What a gutless race of people we are that we are not out protesting, or even tearing Westminster to pieces.

I am no good on my own! I call for every member of ATS who voted leave-and your leave voting friends- to join me in storming Westminster.

We did not vote for this and I knew all along May was a sell out.

Ok I’ve calmed down now - But seriously what a joke. Why on Earth was a remainer ever put in power in the first place.

I don't think leaving the EU is a good idea at all, I never have. That being said, it's happening, badly but it's happening.

I'll join you in storming Westminster though, she's screwing the country up good and proper

She was a remainer, maybe this was her strategy all along?

The EU wants all our countries to become one super-country, the United States of Europe, with a single treasury, economic policy, armed forces, immigration policy. Many EU countries still have national service, where school-leavers serve in the miltary for a year. The UK would have to reintroduce this in order to conform with the rest of Europe.
That was always the plan; the British public would never go for it, especially after Word War II, but the politicians kept the plans secret for decades.

In an ideal world we would be one planet United with everyone being allowed to travel to and live anywhere they damn well please.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I Voted to stay, but i'll gladly join you in torching Westminster. I have my own reasons.

I think our reasons would be similar

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

How is that even possible? Of course we don't want you to leave but it aint our call, obviously.

We made a democratic decision and rather than help facilitate that in a manor beneficial to both us and them the Empire that is the EU leadership want to make it as difficult and painful as possible , we don't want to leave Europe we want out of being governed by Europe.

This no-deal-deal status quo isn't our fault, is it? Of course we don't want you to leave but it aint our call, obviously.

It isn't your fault it's the fault of the butt hurt EU leadership , they're acting like a spurned lover who not only want the CD collection and pets they want us to pander and grovel for them to sign off the divorce , they want us to agree to pay up to £50 Billion while telling us the £40 odd Billion we have locked up in the European bank may take up to 10 years for us to get back.

This no-deal-deal status quo isn't our fault, is it? Who's responsible for not delivering a roadmap now, shouldn't that be obvious as well?

The problem with the road map is all roads lead to Rome , or Brussels in this case , I think we should walk away from the negotiations if they continue to go the way they are going , no deal is better than a bad deal and it seems a bad deal is all that's on the table.

No deal isn't the best option for us but then neither is it for Germany or France , it's time to play hard ball.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I've no idea where it all goes

That's one of the reasons I voted out.
They seem to have big plans for the future.
A future beyond our lifetimes.
That's why they seem to have no regard for the people here and now.
We are collateral.
We are irrelevant.

That's how it seems to me anyway.
We elect leaders to deal with current events and the immediate future.
Not some distant, far off, imaginary Utopia.

Its all very noble to work towards a dream but not at the expense of those who have to live in the present.
Something, I feel, they've lost sight of.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
No-one else but May is prepared to touch Brexit until Brexit is done and dusted, and it looks to me like she doesn't want to be anywhere near it either. If there was going to be any glory to come from Brexit May would have been ousted by now.

The Tories would be knifing each other in the back for the job of PM. To be as the Gallant White Knight riding to the rescue of great britain, guess what, nobody wants it .It's a #ty stick.

Brexit will be disaster for Scotland, Wales and most of northern England, It looks like London, the east coast and Northern Ireland will do ok though. Favourable condition when it suits.

No hard border for NI?... So let me get this straight. Never mind the fact that Northern Irland can move freely in Europe and vice versa, over the border trade etc, but any Tom dick or harry from the Eu and further afield could just walk into the UK via the Irish republic, Jump on a ferry from Larne to Stranraer, skipping out the usual routes with heavy passport control of the Chunnel and Heathrow.??

I guess Scotland is left with the massive bill of keeping our borders secure then. # me, We cant even keep out Terrorist from Northern Ireland, we seem to welcome them with open arms with the amount of the scummy bastards living in Ayrshire.

Yeah, Brexit is just going to be fantastic. Idiots.

The only way Scotland can escape this insanity is to finally grow a pair of #ing stones and fight for our independence.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The only way Scotland can escape this insanity is to finally grow a pair of #ing stones and fight for our independence.

You already did that and rejected the idea , how would being outside of the UK and the EU benefit Scotland ?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I'm not saying Cameron was a great PM, he was far from it, I just think he would have done a better job of negotiating

.He couldn't negotiate himself out of a paper bag!

The only reason he got back in was he promised a referendum..... which he

never believed would go the way it did!!

No one except (love them or hate them) Margaret Thatcher and Nigel Farrage

have had the b@lls to stand up to the EU.

Are you really suggesting that May walked into the top job without knowing, full well, the relationship the EU had with Britain? Surely as Home Secretary she would have been clued up?

I am.

She may have been home secretary, but could she actually do her job? any

descissions she would or could have implemented would have had to have been

rubber stamped by EU policy, maybe that is why she was rubbish at the job?

She probably believed, mistakenly, that in the top job of PM she would have

more input. After all macho (just call me) Dave while in the job would have

been too proud to let it be seen that he actually had no political clout.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I've no idea where it all goes

That's one of the reasons I voted out.
They seem to have big plans for the future.
A future beyond our lifetimes.
That's why they seem to have no regard for the people here and now.
We are collateral.
We are irrelevant.

That's how it seems to me anyway.
We elect leaders to deal with current events and the immediate future.
Not some distant, far off, imaginary Utopia.

Its all very noble to work towards a dream but not at the expense of those who have to live in the present.
Something, I feel, they've lost sight of.

I'm on the same page , after all the cuts , the financial disaster, we always seem to be looking to the future as long as I can remember.

And its just got worse , maybe its just a carrot in front of the donkey ?

Has every generation been lied too ?
It just seems there's a lot of money flying around and its not heading were it should be .

To us the British, to the hospitals , doctors, care homes , roads rail .

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

In an ideal world we would be one planet United with everyone being allowed to travel to and live anywhere they damn well please.

There's no such thing as an ideal world...there has to be some sort of structure

and balance accountability and personal responsibility.

Families cannot even get on together, neighbors dont get on and you think 57

varieties of culture are going to be all *happy clappy*

In *society* everyone needs to contribute .... in life there are always those

who dont/wont pull their weight, and thats when things get sticky, and the

beginning of all problems.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You already did that and rejected the idea , how would being outside of the UK and the EU benefit Scotland ?

So you admit being inside the Eu has benefits?.

If we had the balls to vote for our independence in 2014 Westminster would have danced to whatever tune we wished..ie, Full fiscal autonomy would have been on offer if we changed our minds and stayed.

People forget that the UK has or had at the end of 2014 £1.9 trillion £ worth of assets of which 8% of those assets or the value of would have belonged to Scotland. Any black hole in Scotlands finances would have been well plugged and overnight scotland would have been one of the richest countries on Earth. Unfortunately the #ebags couldn't see the big picture and fell for the lies.

Lies like, The only way to stay a member of the EU is to vote NO. (we ended up out even though the majority voted in)
The only way for the shipyards to survive is if you vote NO, (already lost the ships they promised, hundreds of jobs gone last week)
Banks threatening to close if we dont vote NO, (62 Scottish branches of RBS and Lloyds to close)

Your money will be worthless,(pound on it's arse and prices of food through the roof)

Promises of more powers, (Tories and there new bigoted friends the DUP just Vote just last week to take hundreds more devolved powers from Scotland including fishing) etc etc etc. The list goes on.

#bags voted to stay, So where have they left us. Still Westminsters bitch but now a financial basket case and it's getting worse.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Only a Scotland with a polpulation of 5.5 million and Oil and gas revenues that are the envy of most countries in the world could owe a foreign country that has control over it's wealth £15 billion+. To put that into context, Norway just seen everyone of it's 5.2 million population become a net millionaire with a massive pension fund of over £1 trillion.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If we had the balls to vote for our independence in 2014 Westminster would have danced to whatever tune we wished..ie, Full fiscal autonomy would have been on offer if we changed our minds and stayed.

People forget that the UK has or had at the end of 2014 £1.9 trillion £ worth of assets of which 8% of those assets or the value of would have belonged to Scotland. Any black hole in Scotlands finances would have been well plugged and overnight scotland would have been one of the richest countries on Earth. Unfortunately the #ebags couldn't see the big picture and fell for the lies.
Lies like, The only way to stay a member of the EU is to vote NO. (we ended up out even though the majority voted in)
The only way for the shipyards to survive is if you vote NO, (already lost the ships they promised, hundreds of jobs gone last week)
Banks threatening to close if we dont vote NO, (62 Scottish branches of RBS and Lloyds to close)
Your money will be worthless,(pound on it's arse and prices of food through the roof)

Promises of more powers, (Tories and there new bigoted friends the DUP just Vote just last week to take hundreds more devolved powers from Scotland including fishing) etc etc etc. The list goes on.
#bags voted to stay, So where have they left us. Still Westminsters bitch but now a financial basket case and it's getting worse.

By Patrick Scott , data journalist
17 MARCH 2017 • 10:32AM
Nicola Sturgeon has announced that she intends to ask for a second referendum on Scottish independence because Brexit will result in Scotland being withdrawn from the European Union against its will.

The SNP was widely believed to have lost the economic argument during their first stab at independence in 2014, and it is difficult to see how they could win a re-run this argument in the current climate.

Falls in the price of oil have taken a hefty toll on Scotland's economy since 2014 and, coupled with the country's huge deficit and sluggish rate of growth, independence is an even riskier prospect now than it was two and a half years ago.

Scotland's oil revenue is running dry

Back in 2014, the SNP made a big noise about just how well an independent Scotland could perform on the world stage. Central to this thesis was the amount of money the country could make from North Sea oil.

Estimates as to just how much revenue could be produced from North Sea oil varied significantly depending on who you asked - but the price of oil itself seemed to be relatively stable at between $90 and $110 per barrel.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: fusiondoe

She done a great job. If the UK wants to keep the commen market which it does. Then Europe will still have jurisdiction of UK law and human rights A brilliant deal.

Brexit gang you have been duuped. But really what do you expect..

lol some more.

its great

:-)
There is no deal yet, only agreement on some aspects of BREXIT and if there is no full agreement then there still could be a hard BREXIT. Like was said previously by TM, No deal is better than a bad deal and the Chairman of Witherspoons spelt out why on the BBc news this morning. A lot of the negativity is disinformation and BS. I beleive and always have that we should walk away because we will ultimately be better off including lowe food prices in the UK etc etc. In March 2019 we will be 200m a week better off if we hard BREXIT and the tariff babble is a red herring!

My thread continues to capture the BREXIT stpry

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well if the Chairman of Witherspoons says everything will be hunky dory then that'll be the end of the conversation then. I mean, why listen to real experts, Some of the finest minds in world finance when we can rely on a pub landlord for all the facts. Crock of # mate...which part? All of it.
Remain or Armageddon, now that's the real crock mate!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We remainers did tell you that exactly this would happen.

But you all refused to listen.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
In case you havn't noticed, Everyones Oil is running dry, tell us some news we dont know. The real shocking story here is that, for the past 40 years London has syphoned off Scotlands wealth and squandered the money on London.

They are still finding oil fields around Scottish waters if you care to look for the news on that, it's well hidden, not something you'll read in the MSM or BBC .

Funny how they constantly like to shout from the heavens that Scotland s oil is running out yet when they find a new field it's silence. A survey was done in the firth of clyde in the 80s, plenty oil there as well, but with Nuclear subs back and forth Rigs on the clyde is not a option..

Get the # out of my country you thieving English scum.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
We remainers did tell you that exactly this would happen.

But you all refused to listen.

Yeah who'd have thought exactly what was to be expected would happen?
the humanities

It's clearly May's fault because she and she alone was doing the negotiations....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join