It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Cop slapping 12 yr old

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Robbery is using force to take something. Breaking and entering isn't relevant to that at all. If you punch somebody in the mouth on the street and take their wallet, you just robbed them. You didn't have to break anything nor enter anything. You don't get charged with robbery and assault for getting your bike out of somebody's yard after they took it from you.

I did read most of the comments. Including yours, where you said "You all are judging the parents on the basis of her simply NOT HITTING HER CHILD." And this comment, where you're pivoting away from what you initially said so that you can appear to be correct.

And you would think the person that obituary stole the bike should get a beaten right?... Rrrriiiggghhhhtt so what's the problem here? Kid got his bike back and taught them a lesson, isn't that what the geesers always preach?

If you try to play word games with me, I'm done here with you. I am saying i apologize for lumping everyone here , it's the majority and I will stand by that.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Kid needs a smack. Someone needs to show him how to act because it seems the parents are not doing it. You see, this is the type of child who 6 years from now will get caught doing something else violent or shot by a cop or because of lack of respect shoot a cop. It will happen. Not an if or maybe but a fact. I have seen it happen first hand.

Police are not the enemy. I understand that for the last few decades if one cop messes up all cops are bad but that is a mentality of ignorance not fear. The MSM and movies and TV all push that narrative to death.

If my son talked to a police officer like that what he got from me would be worse. I do not beat my kids but sometimes a quick smack is needed to wake them up. Give them boundaries. If not, they will wind up accomplishing nothing in life.

Besides, that was not a bad slap. Now, if he broke the kids nose or something, yes, charge him but no...keep your little #head in line.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

originally posted by: GuidedKill

a reply to: GuidedKill

Sad really. Single parent homes and homes without discipline or caring parents are ruining this country. 

Yea... They must have been beaten when they were kids...

I don't really know what you mean by that but in this particular kids case he was lacking a beating or three.

Exactly the response I thought I'd get...

That's where I was going... It's stupid to think that's the problem.. should've been beaten. Wow

So you're saying kids shouldn't be taught right from wrong? That punishment is not acceptable in teaching children?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sad really. Single parent homes and homes without discipline or caring parents are ruining this country. 

I don't really know what you mean by that but in this particular kids case he was lacking a beating or three.

That's where I was going... It's stupid to think that's the problem.. should've been beaten. Wow

So you're saying kids shouldn't be taught right from wrong? That punishment is not acceptable in teaching children?

No, the issue is very obviously WHO is supposed to punish the kid.

If the mother hit the kid in that moment, I'd think nothing.

The officer hitting the kid makes me think he should be in jail, because he has no idea what is acceptable, and needs some punishment to learn.

Edit: It's also nearly a fact that hitting children, leads to them becoming more physically violent themselves as adults. It sure would be fun to hear you debase that, if you're posting up 'sides' here.
edit on 1-12-2017 by FeelsBadMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

And you would think the person that obituary stole the bike should get a beaten right?

Did I say that? I'm pretty positive I haven't said anything about "beating" kids so it sorta seems like you've reached the stage where you're just making assumptions and then expecting people to defend or disprove them.

If you try to play word games with me, I'm done here with you.

Then don't say something and then try to change it. But kudos to you for recognizing not everybody has said what you seem to assume they must actually mean.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FeelsBadMan

Sometimes someone other than a parent has to do that. Coaches and other youth groups used to be good areas for that. I have coached Cal Ripken Baseball for over 10 years now and I get some real little characters. Some parents say 'oh he just acts like that' and other ride their kids. The ones who ride their kids? They start, play better and get better. The others. They fade away and never come back. I have had fights in the dugout with 10 year olds. Discipline problems and eventually no one wants to draft them. Some of them have talent too. I always give them a second chance if needed but it never works out. It is sad. Those are the parents who are never involved to. It all starts at home.

I am not advocating 'beating' children and that is not what is in the video. Not even close. The cop showed restraint. This kid will run with a crowd where he will try that language and he will get his ass kicked and sometimes those kids wind up dead at the hands of someone who did not like their mouth. It is a life lesson not just respect for cops.

My kids all respect authority but also know to question it at the appropriate time. It is called court if it goes that far. Too many times people blame the reaction of the cop to the situation and not the crime itself.

Finally, this kid, at 12, is on probation.

The 12-year-old, who can't be identified due to provisions in the Youth Criminal Justice Act, has spent time behind bars at a youth correctional facility and recently started probation. He has a court-ordered 10 p.m. curfew, his mom said.

They could have arrested his ass for his actions (VOP) and instead a cop could lose his job.

edit on Decam31amf0000002017-12-01T11:34:36-06:001136 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

he boy's mom, who also can't be identified, told CBC News she was happy to hear the officer involved is facing an assault charge. "I hope it prevents him from hitting someone else. I don't hit my kids," she said Wednesday night.

Maybe if she did, she wouldn't have to call the cops on her own son in her own house.

I don't think it's too early for this woman to become friendly with a good criminal defense lawyer and a bail bondsman. She's going to need both in a few years. And start locking up the valuables.

Oh just stop already.

Hitting a kid doesn't fix or help, it's everything said and done around it. I didn't need hit, nor did any other friends I have who are all successful. It's a cop out for the frustrated unintelligent people.

All you old people need to stop saying respect your elders. That's a cop out too. You are saying EVERY old person deserves the utmost respect from a kid just because they are a kid?... No, that's the wrong message. It needs to be simply treat people how you want to be treated. (Respect follows suit) once you demand things from kids most will push the boundaries to see where they get or do the opposite anyway.

I'm not saying anyone is right here. CERTAINLY THE COP IS OUT OF LINE.

It's the COP'S JOB to diffuse the situation and keep the peace. So did the cop use force on this kid to take him into custody? No? Then why unnecessary force? He's a cop, not a parent of this child.

The problem here is the same with school officials beating kids... It's subjective what I and what a teacher deems acceptable to hit a kid for. Hence it is not allowed because IM THE PARENT. This is on the lines of parents rights of anything.

Also, is it illegal to swear at an officer in a private setting? Even if it is, the officer can take whatever is said how he wants to fit his story since the law is on his side.

Sticks and stones ehh old people? Yea... You just f***ing slap them because do as i say not as I do.

Disclaimer*** I'm 32, parent of 2

I don't know why you thought my post was about respecting police or elders. From the story, it's obvious this kid doesn't respect elders, police, your kids, his mother, himself or anyone else.

One of the great things about being an "elder" isn't getting "respect" from anyone. It's having the experience to recognize repeating patterns. You see how things start, you see how they progress, and you see how they end. That experience is helpful in predicting future events.

I've seen situations like this before, more than once. Single mother, out of control teen boy, no father figure in sight. Here's what I predict:

They'll win money in a lawsuit. After all is said in done, they will be able to put less than 100K in the bank. But it will reinforce the idea in this young boy's mind that saying FU to others = $$$. 50/50 odds on whether he drops out of high school or is kicked out.

If the mother has to call the police on her son again, she will notice a very slow and ineffective response. She'll recognize that she needs help with her son. She will hook up with a handsome loser who will be gone as soon as the money is. After that, she'll find a functional alcoholic who makes enough to keep food and beer in the fridge. Unfortunately, she'll develop a bad habit of running into doors. The police may still be reluctant to respond to any calls she makes.

The son will find that it's hard to make a career out of say "F da po-lice!" unless you are black and from Detroit. With no education, he'll try a few menial labor jobs, but his attitude will make it nearly impossible to keep one. He will spend his 23rd birthday either in jail or a cemetery.

I could be wrong about all this, of course. But I didn't see anything in the story to make me believe this isn't a likely course of events.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

'Spare the rod and spoil the child' is not what you would call new wisdom but it worked. Compare the common manners of the average person when that little ditty was penned to today.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeelsBadMan

No, the issue is very obviously WHO is supposed to punish the kid.

If the mother hit the kid in that moment, I'd think nothing.

The officer hitting the kid makes me think he should be in jail, because he has no idea what is acceptable, and needs some punishment to learn.

Edit: It's also nearly a fact that hitting children, leads to them becoming more physically violent themselves as adults. It sure would be fun to hear you debase that, if you're posting up 'sides' here.

Well I am glad we agree!!

Who exactly do you think I was referring to when I said the kid lacked punishment and missed a beating or three?

His parents!! He was way over due on punishment long before the police arrived. Maybe is his parents actually did their job they wouldn't have had to call police to do it for them...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Maybe is his parents actually did their job they wouldn't have had to call police to do it for them...

This

has spent time behind bars at a youth correctional facility and recently started probation

would seem to back up your point. Something has been missing for quite a while.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
a reply to: eNumbra

'Spare the rod and spoil the child' is not what you would call new wisdom but it worked. Compare the common manners of the average person when that little ditty was penned to today.

Parents job; Not a cops.

Enjoy your dystopia.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Personal opinion is that the boy clearly needs to be clapped. This is the type of kid that I've seen time and time again in the school where I work, including today when a small stone (think one of those large marbles) was thrown at me and hit my neck because a boy was told to put his plate on the rack after having lunch (He claimed it wasn't his job to do it that the F'N staff were paid to do it) that sometimes a good clap across the face knocks is warranted and I only wish I could do it when needed.

The reaction people are giving is fair but ridiculous. How much abuse does one person have to take. I couldn't care if he was a child or not, a slap across the face will put some sense into him. I also put the blame on the parents, if you have a child and let him grow up thinking he can do and say what he likes to you then he will think the same about every other person he meets and it doesn't work that way, and on this occasion he met that someone who will knock him back.

If the parents can't control their kids, which in this case is clearly the issue then it has to fall onto someone and she called the cops for help because her son was acting erratic so like when someone is screaming and shouting like a nut a slap can bring them down to normality.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sounds like this kid has great parents.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
He should have hit the little prick with his stun gun. That would have gotten his attention..

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks this cop should have smacked a 12 year old should be immediately smacked by a random cop for no discernible reason, preferably with a flashlight.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I understand what you are saying. However, I have seen abused kids be beaten and conform and do what they are told to only turn out to be abusers themselves or addicts.

I have also seen really good parents do everything right; and because their kid got messed up with the wrong crowd, saw the kid go off the rails. Luckily, said kids parents are drs who could afford outward bound, and a specialized boarding school to deal with his issues.

The sad reality is this officer now has to face consequences; and the child may never trust the police again.

I see a lot of blame on the parents. I am sure there are many parents who don’t put in the work they should, but this is still a child, whose brain will not be fully developed til about 25 like most boys. No one knows what this child has been through.

That is why we have judges, DYS, counselors.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nail him with child abuse,and anything else you can roll out on his arse......this guy is a rotten freak ...and anyone who agrees with his behaviour is as he is.....no bickering you either are or are not a POS and anyone in a Uniform who slaps a kid is a rotten POS.......I have seen enough abuse of power by Leos in my life and I havent seen anything compared to many who have shared their experiences....a special kind of hades for arseholes like this especially when they are off the force and in the public domain...hope EVERYONE REMEMBERS THEM.......in the grocery store...in the Church...on the street......everywhere and i hope Karma pays them back10x over.

I am saying the person inside the uniform is a rotten POS and under no circumstances should he be anywhere near a LEO job....someone hunt him down and prosecute him then ban him from LEO jobs forever....full stop.

And no I do not care what suspects say to Leos.....anything goes....and Leos CANNOT seek personal retribution....ever...not even once.....blows to the head or body are not acceptable when someone is in custody or cuffed.....plan ahead .....but no more abuse...ever.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
The first hand to smack the face of one of my children is coming off.

I can only assume that you have not raised any assholes lol. I get what you're saying but I have a 9 year old and right now he can get pretty lippy and disrespectful to my and my wife. No problem we lay down the law if needed but if he ever did this to someone else with my presence not there I would 100% be fine with that person smacking him. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes some tough love to learn a lesson. I've been there.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Lets hope the parents sue the christ out the cop and the employer for the crime of assualt and also seek punitive damages for the tort of trespass against his person.

A bloke and his wife who were both professors of law received a compensation payment of $1,000,000 for assault and excessive violence, in Australia recently. They had stopped to assist someone who was the victim of assault.

The two professors were both handcuffed and the bloke was thrown onto the ground and tasered. It was for this action that they received the one mill damages. The professors argued that once they were handcuffed they represented no risk to police. This was accepted by the court.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
The first hand to smack the face of one of my children is coming off.

Damn right

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join