It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Cop slapping 12 yr old

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Some of the replies in here are laugh out loud crazy. Police don't have the authority to beat children for being verbally abusive. It's not 'reasonable force' or 'proportionate.'

What is with people who are happy for a cop to smack an anti-social kid? It's illegal, isn't it? This is what's called selective respect for the law. The cop had powers to arrest the boy, but not to smack him up.

What's worse is how so many people would even go so far as to argue in defence of calling someone a racial or homophobic slur under 'freedom of speech.' "Why can't I call the guy a queer? Words can't hurt!" Here's a young kid saying, "# you" to a cop and it's goodbye freedom of speech and hello to slapping a child.

End result is the kid who hates cops has a bigger reason to hate them after Capt. Billy Hair-Trigger gives him a crack.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
are you kidding me? so the mother wanted the police to do her parenting for her and handle her childs temper tantrum...

A lot of parents now believe that it is not their job to bring their children up.
I know a child that is 2 years and 8 months old and it's mother believes that play school will potty train him - she says that she tried but can't do it (which I have seen no evidence of) - so play school will have to. She tells me that her grand mother says that it is lazy parenting and she is angry at her grand mother!!
The poor child is being neglected. What with parents and mobile phones nowadays - children are being neglected.

Is it the fault of the child if it does not know how to behave? If those that are supposed to care for them don't care for them, then how are they supposed know how to care for others or respect others?
Until people realise that we learn by example it will not change.

The 12 year old in the case of this thread has no doubt been screamed at and shouted at and disrespected all his life by a mother who does not know how to behave either. And then when he encounters a police officer, the police officer slaps him. What sort of world do you think that child is living in? He is probably terrified that there is no one sane to turn to.
It is ok though - each child will be an adult one day - an angry adult who hates the world. I feel there are many serial killers being produced at this time.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Kid needs a smack. Someone needs to show him how to act because it seems the parents are not doing it.

That police officer showed him how to act - smack people.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
911... what's your emergency?

"My wife is at it again. She's been cursing me out and throwing things from the moment I walked through the door today."

Okay Mr. Bootlicker, I need you to remain calm and keep your distance until an officer arrives to slap the sh!t out of her.

"Please hurry!"

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The little sh*t deserved it and a whole lot more.

Learn respect for others, or receive no respect. Some kids today think they are untouchable; because they are young means they cannot be governed as it means instant punishment for the older adult. They know this so act like sh*ts.

Well.. they need to learn that isn't true otherwise they run amok.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
That police officer showed him how to act - smack people.

Or, if you disrespect others, prepare to be disrespected yourself. Simple as.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: GuidedKill

Sad really. Single parent homes and homes without discipline or caring parents are ruining this country. 

Yea... They must have been beaten when they were kids...

I don't really know what you mean by that but in this particular kids case he was lacking a beating or three.

Exactly the response I thought I'd get...

That's where I was going... It's stupid to think that's the problem.. should've been beaten. Wow

So you're saying kids shouldn't be taught right from wrong? That punishment is not acceptable in teaching children?

It doesn't help.it surely didn't with me when I was younger. You want kids to fear you or respect and love you? Other methods are better and don't involve physically harming your kids

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

And you would think the person that obituary stole the bike should get a beaten right?

Did I say that? I'm pretty positive I haven't said anything about "beating" kids so it sorta seems like you've reached the stage where you're just making assumptions and then expecting people to defend or disprove them.

If you try to play word games with me, I'm done here with you.

Then don't say something and then try to change it. But kudos to you for recognizing not everybody has said what you seem to assume they must actually mean.

What I am assuming, yes, is that if you support hitting this kid because he is ill mannered, surely you support a beating for who stole the bike in the first place. Which if this boy was charged with assault of the bike then it seems like justice was served. Unless he assaulted another person that did not steal the bike.

It's just pattern that I'm following here.

Either way, the cop needs to go to jail.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Judging from that child's behaviour, and the fact he's already been in youth prison, leads me to believe that the people who truly deserve to be slapped are his parents.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Look, this is a case of child abuse, pain and simple. I can't give my child a swat on the behind. Why can a cop hit a kid? Legally, he can't. If I were the parent of that child I would press charges of abuse of a child. So what if the kid was being disrespectful, it's not against the law. I agree with the others that have said I do not care to see a kid act that way but he has the right to say ANYTHING he wants, period.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure
It isn’t illegal to swear at a cop. In Swartz v Insogna, the United States Supreme Court ruled that a motorist who was arrested for throwing a middle finger at a cop was denied his First Amendment right and had his civil rights infringed upon by the arresting officer. Caustic language is fully protected speech unless it was between two private citizens and could be reasonably expected to cause civil unrest. i.e. Fighting words. But, police officers on duty are not private citizens. They represent the local municipality when on duty, obviously.

What the cop did in this case was not only wrong but his actions were illegal; That is battery with the purposeful attempt to cause fear and/or intimidation. It’s also a pretty good way to get sued and lose your job.

I agree with your post. I just wanted to expound on a few points.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

The little sh*t deserved it and a whole lot more.

Learn respect for others, or receive no respect. Some kids today think they are untouchable; because they are young means they cannot be governed as it means instant punishment for the older adult. They know this so act like sh*ts.

Well.. they need to learn that isn't true otherwise they run amok.

So you think a cops job is disciplining other peoples children by physically assaulting them.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
She says "I don't hit my kids" & I 100% believe her since, judging by his behavior, it's doubtful she implements discipline of any sort at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join