It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why alimony and child support is BS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why do women need to go after there ex husbands for alimony? This isn't a time where women had no job opportunities. Women can go out and get a job. Alimony is no longer useful and outdated. It so unfair for men to work there asses off to give money to there ex wives. To me alimony is 'adult child support'. There is no reason to be a parasite and use men or women for alimony.
I would never do this to my partner.

Child support system is so corrupted. Men are usually get screwed in this deal. So many stories I heard of how women miss use there child support money and the legal system against there ex partner. Child support system needs to be fixed to help both father and mother equally, not favoring the female and/or the one who has custody of the child. Like, I heard a story where a father works full-time job, and lived with his mothers due to child support putting him into financial strain meanwhile the mother works part-time, lives in a apartment, and she is seeking more money out of her ex because 'she is struggling'. Also, I believe 'if a woman can have an abortion. Then a man can back out of child support'. Like, if a woman can control whether or not she is able to support this child. Why can't men have the same? To back out of there parental liabities. It's not like men have the right to control women to get an abortion. (I'm a pro-choice)

Note: I'm not saying child support itself is BS. Just how it can be biased, and unfair to men.

I hate how our society are using men as financial supporters. If my partner and I would ever split. I would go for split custody (nobody pays child support this way I believe). I would make it about my child, not about me.

What do you guys think about child support system, and alimony?
edit on 30-11-2017 by CaptainHook because: fixing

edit on 30-11-2017 by CaptainHook because: fixing

edit on 30-11-2017 by DrumsRfun because: swearing in the title

edit on 30-11-2017 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

The system greatly favors the women in disputes. This discrimination is ignored by all the hand ringers who are concerned about all the other social justice main points from the official punch card.
It is a system still largely entrenched in 1960.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Its called spousal support. They don't call it alimony anymore.
It can offset some of the child support. Child support can not be written off but spousal support can. She has to pay taxes on spousal, but not the child support.
That said, authorities shouldn't use the one size fits all method, and rather look at each case separately. Many women like to use that money to go out to bars after a break up to have "fun". That isn't fair. It should be used for the children.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

I guess i'm not the average woman. ;p

link   

What do you guys think about child support system, and alimony?

Like any system there are pros and cons. But you should have to support you're child after divorce, because you're an adult who decided to have a child.

As for alimony, if it's a mutually decided divorce, I agree it's a little outdated for alimony. If you decided to get your rocks off with another woman however, you should have to pay for your mistakes and breaking up a family. And women should have to pay if they do the same.

That's just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

same meaning, different wording.

what I heard is that the person is legally obligated to give the money to the ex-spouse

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

yes, but mainly I was referring to when a woman got pregnant unintended and forced the father to give her child support.

Also, there been a story where a man was married. His wife cheated and got pregnant by the other dude. The husband had to pay child support to a child that wasn't his. There also ways to have a father pay child support while never able to see the child.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Don't have children unless you are willing to shoulder the responsibilities.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainHook
a reply to: visitedbythem

same meaning, different wording.

what I heard is that the person is legally obligated to give the money to the ex-spouse

Many times it's because someone broke the vows. Marriage is a choice, and it's a very large commitment. If you decide to break the promises of the vows it can come with consequences. Again, if it's a mutual decision I don't think you should have to do anything past child support... But if you just bail on them or cheat, sure, I think you should pay for breaking the legally binding promises of marriage.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

pregnancy can result from situations unintended and while using protection. Women can back out by having an abortion. So, why can't men say no to being a legal liability to a future child?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

yes, but mainly I was referring to when a woman got pregnant unintended and forced the father to give her child support.

Also, there been a story where a man was married. His wife cheated and got pregnant by the other dude. The husband had to pay child support to a child that wasn't his. There also ways to have a father pay child support while never able to see the child.

Then wear a condom. Decisions have consequences, welcome to adulthood.

As for your story of child support to a kid that isn't there's... Probably BS, that's what DNA tests are for. I'm sure there are isolated story's of the system going wrong, but they're few and far between.

If you don't want to pay child support, keep your pants zipped.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

pregnancy can result from situations unintended and while using protection. Women can back out by having an abortion. So, why can't men say no to being a legal liability to a future child?

Then don't have sex if you can't handle what can come of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinkeryou don't have to be married to file for alimony. well, in Canada anyways. Once you're living together for 3 month or 6 months. You become common law switch basically as somewhat the same benefits as a marriage couple.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

that's outdated thinking. Consequences happen. That does not mean someone who has to deal with it then rather terminate what is unpleasant.

I could easily say 'don't want a injury? then don't go to work then'.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

NEVER!!! bring up child support when talking about equality!

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinkeryou can easily go on youtube and hear many stories and documentations.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
well many of us did not choose to be cut off from our children and the courts who even order visitations ignore the women's violation of it wile are happy as every to put another man in jail ( as if that will get any one but the state money .

No when the court enforces the women contempt of it then they can worry about the mens .
O ps my son has his son and the mom is who is required to pay support and yet not once has she and my son does follow the court order for visitations .
men a wile teh state flat out told him they wont go after her for it .
so tell me why she is allowed to slide wile 50,000 men get locked up ?
no If i had known what this country was comming to when i was young i would have left .
No one even trys claming the US is teh best any more the lie to to oves and yes there is worse .
The US is now a police state and jails people when they cant pay .

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

it seems most people think I am a male on here. :O I am compassionate about equality.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstarI don't understand what you're trying to say.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Because parents are both responsible for the well-being of their children. If I divorced with my current wife, not going to happen, but if I did, I would pay child support. But I love my boys too much to ever hurt them by dragging them into relationship BS. I'd rather sacrifice my life for my boys well-being above every other consideration in my life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join