It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
so, a rich old bald guy with a big nose and crooked jaw had to lock his female co-workers in his office and expose himself to them in a desperate attempt to get laid? what`s the big deal? that`s the only way old,bald ,big nosed guys with crooked jaws have any hope of getting laid.demented old ugly guys will do a lot of stupid # in their desperate attempts to get laid.He probably should have been fired long ago but,NBC figured, he isn`t hurting anyone and he`s bringing in a ton of money for us so lets just keep him around.
he was making 20 million a year so he isn`t hurting for money, he`ll just go home and retire, and spend his time exposing himself to the neighborhood kids until the cops lock him up.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's being reported he allegedly sexually assaulted a staffer during the Rio Olympics.

What does "sexually assaulted mean?" I've been curious about this, and if people are confusing "sexual assault" with "inappropriate comments" or something like that.

I'm NOT saying that I don't believe the women who are coming out with these allegations.....but I've read some things that were really not "assault" but just comments by a person in bad taste.

I'm just wondering if the "assault" and "harassment" stuff is getting out of hand.

Again- I'm not applying this specifically to the Matt Lauer deal, but I do wonder what qualifies as sexual assault.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Not even close. Ever hear of wrongful termination?

Do you know what the words 'pretty much any reason' mean? Do they mean 'every reason' or that there are exceptions?

So why say it in the first place?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: carewemust

I wasn't talking about "networks". I was talking about "libs" in general.

Donna Brazil got the ball rolling.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

JUST IN: Matt Lauer now accused of sexting NBC intern and staffers; the messages were saved by an NBC employee which is why the firing came so quickly - NY Post

twitter.com...

Saw that too. I think LAUER and WEINER attended the same "Sexting for Dummies" class!

Matt Lauer, the former NBC News anchor who was fired for “inappropriate sexual behavior,” has been accused of sexting network employees — including an intern.

Lauer, according to a New York Post report Wednesday night, allegedly sent “lewd messages and revealing pictures” to women working at NBC.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
BTW Don’t feel sorrow for these guys. I just did some research and Lauer who earns more than 500 grand a week is still likely to be paid until his contract runs out in 2018.

Poor fellow

You wonder what a person does with 500 grand a week.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Does that add up to $20 million? He just signed a $20 million contract. But since the corporation is probably smarter than his lawyer, I bet they can cancel that contract for breaching its terms.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

28 mil a year

I deduce then over 2 mil a month.

That's a hell of a pay check

I wonder does he use direct deposit

They will pay him just to keep him quiet and keep the lawyers out of it.
edit on 29-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

you got that right, the NBC executives knew what was going on and they covered for him in order to keep the advertising money rolling in, so they will continue paying him to keep his mouth shut and not tell that the NBC executives knowingly allowed him to do it in order to increase NBC profits. one hand washes the other.
NBC executives were receiving complaints about him from other NBC employees as far back as 12 years ago, but they covered it up. They are just trying to cover their own asses now
no matter how much it costs, because the money isn`t coming out of their pockets it`s coming out of the networks pockets.
who wouldn`t spend other peoples money to keep themselves out of jail and to keep their job?
as long as the investors keeping getting their money there`s no reason for the NBC executives to fall on their swords.

edit on 29-11-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Any lawyer worth his salt will tell Lauer to shut his mouth on the I’m sorry stuff. It’s too much money involved.

NBC may have a morals contract but as long as Lauer doesn’t confess they have to prove he breached the contract which could get into a lot of lawyer fees and bad publicity.

Lauer will be quiet and just make some bs I’m sorry if I may have offended people.

That’s for his career, potential comeback, but for the money he won’t admit to anything

If you noticed, unlike the politicians, guys who have these huge contracts like him and O’Reilly never confess to anything

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Right...Its called nuisance and cover up money

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

you`re right, politicians always confess because they know any potential lawsuits won`t come out of their pockets it will come out of the taxpayers pockets

They confess because they have nothing to loose by confessing and everything to gain. " I`m a repentant confessor, vote for me again I learned my lesson, if you vote for me again I`ll be a civilized human being"

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

You’re right. I’m looking at a guy like Franken and saying what is he walking around like a repentant monk in sackcloth
He needs to knock it off
Its all public relations

What is he sorry for ?

Getting exposed?

He wasn’t sorry or guilty before he was exposed for his mistreatment of woman was he?

edit on 29-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
MATT LAUER is an ANIMAL!

Another former employee comes forward..

According to the report, Lauer was behind his desk and she took a seat in the office. She said he locked the door from a button at his desk and he asked her to unbutton her blouse. She said she complied and claims he got up from his desk, approached her from behind, bent her over his desk and had sex.

She claims that she passed out during intercourse and woke up later on the floor in his office. She said Lauer had his assistant take her to a nurse. She told the Times that Lauer never mentioned the encounter with her again and she said she left the network about a year later.

Source: www.foxnews.com... .html

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Oh BTW TYT fired one of their most hard hitting reporters Jordan Chariton for being grabby with out permission, turned out to Be a major general douche, if you never heard of he was the one who exposed Donna Brazil,and among the first to camp out at the keystone pipe line what a waste.

edit on 30-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
So why say it in the first place?

Because it's accurate. You can get terminated for nearly any reason.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
God damn! Fox News is reporting an accusation that pretty much amounts to rape:

They read Lauer's statement and noted ahead of reading it that more women had accused Lauer of behaving inappropriately. One woman claimed to The New York Times Lauer sexually assaulted her in his office until she passed out and had to be seen by a nurse.

Story here.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Still does not make it right to try it in the court of public opinion like we are.

The courts exist for a reason. This will never go there, and like so many others, Lauer is now ruined over something no one will ever see any evidence for. All we have is rumor.

If Lauer wants this to go to court, then he is the one who could send it to court, through a wrongful termination suit.

Otherwise, it appears he did no "crime" (although some harassment could be considered a crime of sexual assault, even though this not yet has been called that). So we most likely will not be seeing the evidence in a criminal court.

So Lauer has all the power in the world to air all of the evidence in civil court via a wrongful termination suit if he so desires.

I have a feeling that he won't, considering that it appears (from what I'm hearing) that there is corroborating evidence...plus NBC probably knows that it needs to have good cause to terminate him, given his noteriety and large contract. NBC would want to make sure it has a strong case that could hold up under complaints of wrongful termination prior to firing him.

edit on 30/11/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Matt Lauer responds to allegations:

www.businessinsider.com...

Says there's enough truth to it. Wow....
edit on 30-11-2017 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

And NBC ignored previous complaints until someone made a formal accusation. They're going to get roasted for that!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join