It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC announces 'Today' show co-host Matt Lauer fired due to inappropriate sexual behavior at work

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Any lawyer worth his salt will tell Lauer to shut his mouth on the I’m sorry stuff. It’s too much money involved.

NBC may have a morals contract but as long as Lauer doesn’t confess they have to prove he breached the contract which could get into a lot of lawyer fees and bad publicity.

Lauer will be quiet and just make some bs I’m sorry if I may have offended people.

That’s for his career, potential comeback, but for the money he won’t admit to anything

If you noticed, unlike the politicians, guys who have these huge contracts like him and O’Reilly never confess to anything

Looks like he's confessing. (At least partially)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Breaking: Conyers admitted to hospital for 'stress-related illness'.

Looks like he'll be stepping down for health reasons, so he doesn't have to admit or explain anything which may cost him in court.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Remember in 2001 when the country was obsessed with the sexual exploits of Gary Condit and the death of his intern, Chandra Levy? Between Lauer, Scarborough and NK, I'm having some wicked deja vu.

Fiddle on until it all burns down I guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Looks like he'll be stepping down for health reasons, so he doesn't have to admit or explain anything which may cost him in court.

Upholding the fine Conyers family name I see. Can't say I'm surprised.

Nex it will be "Look what you in the media have done to me!". Poor poor John Conyers, its never his fault for all of this.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He could have just stepped down citing that "the distraction of remaining in office is not good for [his] constituents or the business of Congress" without admitting to any wrongdoing.

If he's asked in a civil suit "why did you step down if you claim no wrongdoing", his answer could be about it being a distraction PLUS the fact that he's 88 years old and doesn't feel he would be able to do his job amid the distraction.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
welp saw he said there is enough truth in the statements that I am ashamed... which tells me they must of had some serious stuff on him.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Juanita Broddrick
Paula Jones
Kathlene Willey

All have accused Bill of some sort of sexual harassment. And thats just to start. Your bias is showing.

ETA: This is in response to you saying Bill is just a horndog and cheater but not a predator.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Gargamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Moore? We have nine women who say the same thing. He preys on little girls. Hes a sick mother #er. And He should be locked up to protect other little girls.
Anyone who defends him is just as filthy.

Doesn't Hillary have a good track record of defending people just like Moore? She really isn't doing anything constructive at the moment so maybe she could go back to the good old days of defending sexual predators in a court of law. Assuming there are any charges to go along with the accusations that is.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargamel
a reply to: Sillyolme

Juanita Broddrick
Paula Jones
Kathlene Willey

All have accused Bill of some sort of sexual harassment. And thats just to start. Your bias is showing.

ETA: This is in response to you saying Bill is just a horndog and cheater but not a predator.

Not to mention if it wasn't for all the partisans coming to Bill's defense, you might not have quite so many powerful men thinking such behavior is acceptable. That's what we were taught in the 90s. As long as you have the right politics, prey all you want.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
New details about the woman who passed out. If it wasn't rape, it was something really close.

Story here.

According to the report, Lauer was behind his desk and she took a seat in the office. She said he locked the door from a button at his desk and he asked her to unbutton her blouse. She said she complied and claims he got up from his desk, approached her from behind, bent her over his desk and had sex.

She claims that she passed out during intercourse and woke up later on the floor in his office. She said Lauer had his assistant take her to a nurse. She told the Times that Lauer never mentioned the encounter with her again and she said she left the network about a year later.

The accuser asked the paper not to identify her in the report. The paper said it contacted her ex-husband who said he remembered the alleged encounter.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Any lawyer worth his salt will tell Lauer to shut his mouth on the I’m sorry stuff. It’s too much money involved.

NBC may have a morals contract but as long as Lauer doesn’t confess they have to prove he breached the contract which could get into a lot of lawyer fees and bad publicity.

Lauer will be quiet and just make some bs I’m sorry if I may have offended people.

That’s for his career, potential comeback, but for the money he won’t admit to anything

If you noticed, unlike the politicians, guys who have these huge contracts like him and O’Reilly never confess to anything

Here's what the punk said

"Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed. I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly. "Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I'm committed to beginning that effort. It is now my full time job. The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws. It's been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace."

He, like Franken are "embarrassed and ashamed" because they were exposed, not any guilt because of what they did or they would have been "embarrassed and ashamed" before their exposure.

IF they were sincere they would say:
I always felt bad about what I did

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There was a clip of Matt with Meredith Viera in one of the links on here. Really creepy. Shows a whole 'nother side of him! I don't know how to post a video & when I tried to go back & show it to hubby it was gone.

Can somebody find it & post? It was on Fox. It's really an eyebrow raiser! Maybe it was removed!

WOQ

ETA: It's about her bending over in a sweater.
edit on 30-11-2017 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

I wonder if some of the confessing is part of an agreement he reached with NBC over severance pay. NBC might have said "we're willing to give you part of what's owed on your contract if you imply that we had reason to fire you".

Lauer could have tried to deny everything, which might cause some fans of his to feel sour towards NBC and stop watching "The Today Show", but then NBC would probably not be so generous with severance pay. With this partial confession might come some quid pro quo severance pay from NBC.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My husband ruined this song for me tonight by linking it to Lauer, Franken, conyers, Weinstein, etc....I will never listen to AC/DC ... You Touch Too Much the same again...
It sounds like a joke now.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Oh come on...
they are using this excuse like the old
witch or reds under the bed Hunts.
Ther are culling people!!! who speek out.

which is worse?
hillerys assassin teams.
or having your life totally destroyed by this?

is it trump or hillary doing the dead?
who gaines from this? please tell me.

edit on 1-12-2017 by buddha because: why not?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ironic!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That was one of the funnier vids I've seen Ellen do

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

or it could just be exactly what it appears to be:

a middle aged women in her 40`s who was separated from her husband and in the process of getting divorced and is in her sexual prime, willingly takes her shirt off for a younger man, who is famous and rich, and has sex with him in his office on his desk and never mentions it until 16 years later,when she "claims" she was raped. pft.

edit on 2-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join