It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Because of density.

Good job!

How does gravity hold the moon in place, while astronauts float/drift in space, much closer to Earth??

the same way gravity holds satellites in "orbit"... thats the key word

A great power which holds massive celestial objects in place, somehow cannot hold s#%#% in space, much closer to Earth, much smaller.....

Please refer to the above statement

Gravity curves water around a ball.

A very unique ball, where water forms around it.

The problem is - you cannot show any water which curves around a ball.

No... YOUR problem is we can't make an object that is dense enough on earth to hold its own gravity...

this happens in space... just so you know...

It would be noted in all scientific papers, that water can curve around a spherical object, and remain in place.

This phenomenon of water curving around a sphere, bound by a 'gravitational force', is utterly absurd.

Its actually not absurd at all... we call it physics

Your argument is that water curves around Earth, since gravity makes water curve around Earth.
Nobody can prove water curves around a sphere, first of all..

Well oceans prove you wrong... so technically anyone can prove that water does curve around a large enough ball...

Just attempt to cross a large body of water... and of course theres other ways... videos of people proving it without trying to... but those are all CGI right?

Gravity doesn't exist. Water doesn't curve around a ball, stuck around it!!

Show your proof brother... or label yourself a fraud...lol

First you have to create a sphere on earth that is dense enough to hold its own gravity... we can't do that as far i know... i could be wrong...

take said sphere into orbit, and things will naturally be attracted to it...

We have done experiments in... previously said non-existent space station proving that mass naturally attracts smaller particles in a vacuum...

perhaps you might know that if you avoided the flat earth morons

edit on 10-2-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: turbonium1
TO ALWAYS FLY AIRCRAFT IN A CONSTANT DESCENT, WHICH IS REQUIRED TO ACCOUNT FOR EARTH'S CURVATURE???????

Luckily, pilots are not total morons like flat-earther seem to be, and they're probably aware that their plane is kept at a level altitude by the Earth's gravity. Gravity is what curves the plane's path over the curvature of earth.

I'm still waiting for anyone to show me where they mention everyone must fly planes in a slightly downward direction at all times, if possible, or at least most of it....

Curvature of Earth, if it existed, would be ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE before anyone ever flies a plane, right??

Do they mention curvature, and if so, do they mention how important it is for flying a plane?

Why don't you find out what they teach about flying in Earth's curvature in flight schools?

Go ahead...

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

TO ALWAYS FLY AIRCRAFT IN A CONSTANT DESCENT, WHICH IS REQUIRED TO ACCOUNT FOR EARTH'S CURVATURE???????

Luckily, pilots are not total morons like flat-earther seem to be, and they're probably aware that their plane is kept at a level altitude by the Earth's gravity. Gravity is what curves the plane's path over the curvature of earth.

I'm still waiting for anyone to show me where they mention everyone must fly planes in a slightly downward direction at all times, if possible, or at least most of it....

Curvature of Earth, if it existed, would be ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE before anyone ever flies a plane, right??

Do they mention curvature, and if so, do they mention how important it is for flying a plane?

Why don't you find out what they teach about flying in Earth's curvature in flight schools?

Go ahead...

They don't. Why should they? This displays a basic ignorance of physics - or perhaps a wilful misstatement of facts. All planes have altimeters. All they have to do is stay at the height they have been told to by ground control. Besides, an aircraft flying level at a given altitude and trimmed for level flight will stay at that altitude. That's what they teach at flight school.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
How anyone can now think the earth is flat after seeing the Space X space car.
We had people on ATS at the time proving it was happening in real time with the clouds and weather systems.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Well oceans prove you wrong... so technically anyone can prove that water does curve around a large enough ball...

Just attempt to cross a large body of water... and of course theres other ways... videos of people proving it without trying to... but those are all CGI right?

The oceans, lakes, seas, are all flat.

How can we determine a surface which is completely flat, from a slightly curved surface?

We simply measure the whole surface, obviously. All of it, from all angles. We have many types of instruments to measure such surfaces. Accurately.

I've heard, even today, that ships prove Earth's curvature when they sail beyond sight...dipping below the horizon in a massive arc

Many of them crowed on and on, how the ships are proof - without a doubt - of Earth being a sphere.

The ships did NOT disappear from view, however.

Using scopes, the ships COULD be seen, after all!

So if their ships were considered proof of curvature, all along, they should accept the opposite case....

Not one of them accepted it, though. All of them ignored it. Somehow, it became very irrelevant.

These ships had once proved to ME that the Earth was round.

And I was plainly wrong on that.

When I saw how these ships were seen at such a distance, which was far enough to claim it proves 'curvature' of the Earth, it is hardly irrelevant.

I just go on all of the evidence, on both sides, and follow wherever it leads me.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Go ahead...

They don't. Why should they? This displays a basic ignorance of physics - or perhaps a wilful misstatement of facts. All planes have altimeters. All they have to do is stay at the height they have been told to by ground control. Besides, an aircraft flying level at a given altitude and trimmed for level flight will stay at that altitude. That's what they teach at flight school.

Of course, they don't consider any 'curvature' of Earth, as I said.

The planes are commonly flown level, trimmed for level flight, at a given altitude....indeed so.

Not in an arc.

It's all about being in level flight.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Go ahead...

The planes are commonly flown level, trimmed for level flight, at a given altitude....indeed so.

Not in an arc.

I don't think that you understand basic physics. If they are flying at the same altitude for long periods of time then that takes curvature into account. What part of that do you not understand?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Go ahead...

Not in an arc.

I don't think that you understand basic physics. If they are flying at the same altitude for long periods of time then that takes curvature into account. What part of that do you not understand?

You don't understand the point, as yet...

Planes fly level, or mostly so.

Whatever altitude they fly a plane, it is all based on sea level, the point of origin, for all further altitude settings.

Altitude is mostly the same throughout a flight. It does NOT matter what the terrain below is. If the plane is over mountain range, or a deep canyon, or any sort of CURVATURE, it does not change/alter/effect the plane's altitude. Since altitude is based on sea level, and nothing else.

That is why people wonder how a plane would not fly into space, when altitude remains the same - how can Earth's curvature not be an issue?

Because the Earth is not curved. Simple as that.

A plane flies at an altitude based on sea level. Not on what terrain is below the plane. Terrain below changes constantly over a flight, although it doesn't matter, anyway.

So this alone shows there is no curvature on Earth.

And as I mentioned before, the plane is flying level, throughout (or most of) the flight.

It is NOT level to ground below, as I told you earlier on...

It is level within air. Not in descent, or lift.

The Vertical Speed Indicator measures level flight. And if the plane is in descent, or ascent, too.

No curvature is there to measure, or to worry about, you see?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Go ahead...

Not in an arc.

You don't understand the point, as yet...

Planes fly level, or mostly so.

Whatever altitude they fly a plane, it is all based on sea level, the point of origin, for all further altitude settings.

Altitude is mostly the same throughout a flight. It does NOT matter what the terrain below is. If the plane is over mountain range, or a deep canyon, or any sort of CURVATURE, it does not change/alter/effect the plane's altitude. Since altitude is based on sea level, and nothing else.

That is why people wonder how a plane would not fly into space, when altitude remains the same - how can Earth's curvature not be an issue?

Because the Earth is not curved. Simple as that.

A plane flies at an altitude based on sea level. Not on what terrain is below the plane. Terrain below changes constantly over a flight, although it doesn't matter, anyway.

So this alone shows there is no curvature on Earth.

And as I mentioned before, the plane is flying level, throughout (or most of) the flight.

It is NOT level to ground below, as I told you earlier on...

It is level within air. Not in descent, or lift.

The Vertical Speed Indicator measures level flight. And if the plane is in descent, or ascent, too.

No curvature is there to measure, or to worry about, you see?

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense whatsoever. Of course it doesn't measure curvature. It doesn't need to measure curvature it just has to register altitude above sea level.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A plane flies at a certain altitude, throughout most of the flight.

It flies level, as well.

Which means there is no curvature.

To fly over a sphere at the same altitude cannot be flown level. Because it is an ARC.

An arc is not level anywhere. Arcs cannot be flown level.

A plane must fly downward, because the arc is downward.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have seen several flat earth theories that claim space is not real and that we cannot go into it.

1.Now I'm curious as to why I can go out at night look up into the stars and see several satellites orbiting the earth with my own eyes.

If the answer is drones put up there to fool me then that means I have been seeing drones posing as satellites since the 90's that has to be a pretty elaborate and expensive ruse to fly drones that long to fool people.

2. I do a lot of hiking in areas that are so remote that they have no cell phone service yet I am able to connect to a gps signal and plot my position this would only be possible if there was a gps satellite in orbit sending a signal that my device could synch to.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I just go on all of the evidence, on both sides, and follow wherever it leads me.

No...

you go on what flat earth dictates without actually knowing anything about how silly it is in reality

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Average arc of the Earth is around 8 inches......per mile squared.

Less if you increase the radius by flying at 5 miles in altitude.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

A plane flies at a certain altitude, throughout most of the flight.

It flies level, as well.

Which means there is no curvature.

To fly over a sphere at the same altitude cannot be flown level. Because it is an ARC.

An arc is not level anywhere. Arcs cannot be flown level.

A plane must fly downward, because the arc is downward.

Please stop. You're just showing that you don't understand very, very, basic physics.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Average arc of the Earth is around 8 inches......per mile squared.

Less if you increase the radius by flying at 5 miles in altitude.

So a plane flying 533 mph (average 757 cruising speed) has to descend about 355 feet per hour, to account for Earth's 'curvature'....

And somehow, with the same altitude, flying level in air, throughout....

Show me what PHYSICAL LAWS, PROVEN FACTS, SOLID EXAMPLES, AND/OR DATA, FROM OVER 100 YEARS OF FLIGHT , SCIENTIFIC TESTS, PHYSICAL DEMONSTRATIONS, and VALID SOURCES, apply to this.

What I don't need are UNPROVEN THEORIES, USELESS ASSERTIONS POSING AS WELL-ESTABLISHED FACT.
I have no time for PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL NONSENSE. Anyone who DOES know more than others about physics, or anything else, will have an actual explanation for something which others should know about, if relevant to the issue.

Physic profs don't say 'you know nothing about physics', after students ask questions....they address questions, directly.

Once again.....

GRAVITY is not proven to even exist.

And, if gravity ever does become proven to exist, in some form....it still must account for EVERYTHING YOU CALL 'GRAVITY'.

A plane flies level within air for 1000 miles.

It does not dip downward, in the slightest, over that entire 1000 miles. We know this because we have instruments that MEASURE for level flights.

What is so very important to understand is that planes cannot fly level over 1000 miles, at the same altitude, over a spherical surface, because thousands of feet curvature cannot be accounted for.

We can easily demonstrate this with models.

What is the difference between a flight over a sphere, and a flight over a flat surface?

One of the flights lifts off, to cruising altitude, where it goes level - within air. This plane remains level throughout the flight, and at the same altitude. That's when it starts to descend. The VSI measures it is in descent. The altimeter measures down to zero feet, sea level.

Is the plane I've described here flying over a sphere? Or a flat surface?

The other flight is different...

It ascends to a cruising altitude, same as before.

But to remain at the same altitude, throughout the flight, it cannot remain level over the entire flight. Indeed, whenever the plane IS level, it will change the altitude. So to stay at the same altitude, throughout the flight, it MUST FLY IN A DESCENT, THROUGHOUT THE FLIGHT.

IOne of these flights is - indeed - orbiting Earth. Just a partial orbit, of course.

They must have instruments to measure the altitude in orbit.

You must realize that a spherical surface is, in fact, the complete opposite of a flat surface?

A sphere, no matter how large, is NEVER flat. It cannot be a sphere if it was flat. A ball is round, everywhere.

The instruments prove it is flat.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

you know what altitude is... Right?

maybe you should look that word up... not to mention "lift"

What is so very important to understand is that planes cannot fly level over 1000 miles, at the same altitude, over a spherical surface, because thousands of feet curvature cannot be accounted for.

actually it is "accounted for"...

the earth isn't a flat surface... IF you fly over a mountain your altitude changes dramatically according to the earth

adjustments for the curve of the earth are barely taken into account...

most of your post is nonsense... gibberish

sorry..

You must realize that a spherical surface is, in fact, the complete opposite of a flat surface?

You're kidding me...

A sphere, no matter how large, is NEVER flat. It cannot be a sphere if it was flat. A ball is round, everywhere.

The instruments prove it is flat.

edit on 11-2-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
We got to really figure out a way to get people who believe the earth is flat to be banned from reproducing. We got enough stupidity in this world as it is.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity." - Albert Einstein

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It's pointless to argue, he says the same things again and again, showing that he doesn't understand basic, simple, physics.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

actually it is "accounted for"...

the earth isn't a flat surface... IF you fly over a mountain your altitude changes dramatically according to the earth

adjustments for the curve of the earth are barely taken into account...

They are NOT AT ALL taken into account, that's the problem.

A plane that flies over 2000 feet of 'curvature flies level, throughout the flight, at the same altitude. Which leaves us 2000 feet of non-existing curvature, which is never taken into account.

For a very good reason. It isn't there.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece
We got to really figure out a way to get people who believe the earth is flat to be banned from reproducing. We got enough stupidity in this world as it is.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity." - Albert Einstein

We got to. Flat earth people so dumb. We so smart. I go with club to smash all skulls...me so angry now

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join