It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Ice Age.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

We can already produce gold via transmutation in particle accelerators to a limited fashion.

All about energy in/energy out through, all the way up, that apparently even applies to Neutron Stars.

Hence the reason if we ever attain the ability to transverse the distances between stars Dyson type structures might just not be a requirement, considering the implied logistics involved with creating such on the scale envisaged.

Which quite frankly is beyond us.
edit on 29-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Currently, it is but that does not make such an endeavor impossible.

Our problem at present IMO is that some can't see beyond dogma religious or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I just saw a special ABC Nightline, where scientists were showing how Polar Bears are dying due to the shrinking Ice shelves up north.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
in context through a real potential problem is the types that consider crap that was considered in the days when most believed the Earth was flat. In consideration of things like people who do not agree with that other cultures treat as an absolute result of, the "fact", that such people have no souls.

The whole religious idea of a soul is not the real issue.

If mankind had developed ever developed the concept of a human soul there in relation would have been some other excuse.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

in the days when most believed the Earth was flat.

When was that?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is actually a real effort to move some of them to, Antartica.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: whywhynot

I am sort of like your worst nightmare in that respect.

Hahahahaha. Lol

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Dig down to where its warmer, plenty of room 'down there' plenty of mountains to bore into as well, might be cheaper than going 'out there' .

What's the name of that Canadian city that has been digging down for years to escape the winters ?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I just saw a special ABC Nightline, where scientists were showing how Polar Bears are dying due to the shrinking Ice shelves up north.

I don't believe that, some funding scam I'll bet, Arctic ice keeps growing year on year, plus the USGS estimates there are 30,000 polar bears, I bet those bears are dying of old age, or overeating.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

correcting the earths wobble would be incredibly tricky and placing an object in orbit of earth would require vast amounts of energy
which we currently do not possess
edit on 29-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I understand what you are saying and I agree.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Christosterone
It's not really the topic but can you provide the source for that quote?

No? You mean he didn't say it?

While I find your knowledge in some areas impressive, this does not extend to history or politics.
You are not, contrary to your own opinion, a know-it-all....or maybe you are

-Chris

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Tricky maneuvers are what scientist live for.

As far as energy if there is one thing we are really certain is there is plenty of is energy in our solar system.

Robots with solar panels that are what we have been sending into our solar system to explore. The same technology could be applied to constructing such an object. The advantage here is that controlling them can be sone from, earth since construction would not be far from here. Once completed to would then on its own power enter orbit around the earth.

Thoughts?

edit on 29-11-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I think the idea of adding all the space junk together and making something from waste is a great idea

sort of like the opening of velarian and the city of a 1000 planets where all the space stations launched by earth based space agencies are all joined together.
Well we could easily just start sticking everything together and build a space station

I like the idea of space travel and habitation of space , its essential to our survival

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Imagine all that ice we can convert into hyrdogen for rockets to start building a global space station as you have suggested

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Organised religious practice is directly responsible for the retardation of free thinking and progress both in the scientific field and socioeconomic areas throughout recorded history, never mind the fact that nearly every conflict and war fought has envolved a measure of religious hatred one way or the other.

Imagine where we would be by now should we have been united as one race, working together as opposed to against one another, for the past 7000 odd years?

edit on 30-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

thats just it though , rather than look inwards to resolve our problems we always seek to externalise and shift blame to others

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The people we think we elect to power have rather a large measure of culpability in the blame shifting department never mind a few other areas if truth be told.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

that only covers a small percentage of it though , for the most part our problems we face on the day to day come from internal struggles which we shift externally

no one wants to shift their beliefs or opinions when they believe they are correct or on the right side.

Blaming others is the easiest way out of any situation rather than looking at your own faults or mistakes or false beliefs
and challenging yourself is far more difficult than challenging the faceless politician or the one who cant be spoken to directly
or even the prime minister or political party leader

blaming others is a #ing cop out , im guessing a lot of your grievances are held against government like so many others, but blaming them isnt doing anything . Its only yourself that can change your world ! First you start with the shift in opinion or change of perspective then you can make changes to your life

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

All wars are resource wars and seriously when it comes to the religious folk in any particular civilization what is the odds of survival statistically, who do not support a government-sanctioned, conflict.

Seriously?

edit on 1-12-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join