It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "Operation Mockingbird" still sing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The official story of "Operation Mockingbird" was the CIA used "Journalists" to influence opinion through their reporting i.e "fake news"

The US government stated that this project was shut down. Being that this is a conspiracy site, I don't think any of us really believes everything that any government tells us.

So that leads me to my question, does "operation mockingbird" still sing.

Has anyone ever seen a list of "journalists" that the CIA stopped paying? Maybe even a list of "journalist" who went back to work for the CIA?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Louder now than ever before, the good news is that it is the death cries of the Operation.

MSM is pretty much dead to anyone with a thinking brain.

All they do these day is attempt to obfuscate the truth after it has gone viral, damage control is the name of the game these days!

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amMonday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Has anyone ever seen a list of "journalists" that the CIA stopped paying? Maybe even a list of "journalist" who went back to work for the CIA?

We get bits of exposure from groups like Wikileaks that indicates how the "journalists" are paid.

Then there is groups like Fusion GPS that get caught paying journalists to do their dirty work.

Things like Anderson Cooper working with the CIA before going to CNN, pretty much any "journalist" working for MSM is on their payroll, they considering they own the companies.

Another good example is WaPo.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amMonday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So the CIA uses journalists to spread trash,

then they tell you it's ended,

and people believe them !!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The CIA/MSM still sings...but in Falsetto.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Kind of gives the game away if they publish lists!

I don't think their ops really end. They just change the name when they're found out.

I'd say the current media game is an offshoot from earlier things like MKUltra. But that's just my opinion. We all know that this could only ever happen in Russia or China really.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Whenever a clandestine government/abc agency operation recieves too much attention,the simply change the name,thus allowing them to truthfully say "operation _ _ _ _ _ has been shut down."
Its sort of like a heroin dealer saying they don't do that anymore-now they are in pharmacutical sales.

I mean, MK ULTRA has been shut down,but don't tell me those same neferious experiments do not persist today,or have not blossomed into something even more dark side..

Just my opinion

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The CIA/MSM still sings...but in Falsetto.

Her girdle must be very tight. Nice one, Tat.

Obama's repeal of the Smith-Mundt Act, OP, brings the subject into much clearer focus. You can see how much they've ramped up the MSM game since it's repeal.

Most of the "pundits" come with talking points that were given to them. There is some documentation on that that I'll track down if I get a chance today and no one else is familiar off the top of their heads.

Very. Fake. News. Indeed.
edit on 27-11-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Most of the "pundits" come with talking points that were given to them.

All one has to do is look at the Podesta emails to see journalists coming to Podesta with ideas for stories or seeking approval before covering a certain piece, even the wording of particular passages is vetted before publishing.

Your excellent thread on Electromagnetism, UFOs, and the Weaponization of Alien Technology has several examples of CIA programs being shut down and then taken over by private subcontractors. This displays a pattern of behavior that I do not see these spooks deviating from in other areas of operation.

So, yes, I would say that the MOCKINGBIRD is still singing.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Mockingbird, or some form of it is definitely still happening.

Just rewind the clock a little over a year and look at their "election polls". Prime example.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'd have to look them up, but I'm pretty sure the obama era put two laws into effect that essentially gave the gov full legal ability to tell the press what to run (and what not to)
A quick internet search of this returns nothing, when a year ago it was still showing up... so either they're hiding it, or I'm mis-remembering...

With that in place, who needs a CIA operation? Just go right to the top.
It's just like state-run propaganda, yet we still claim to have freedom of press.

HR 5736?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I highly doubt that Operation Mockingbird was actually shut down, especially since the very law which would have made the operation extremely legally assailable, was repealed in 2013. Besides, if the mass surveillance which was rumoured to be afoot in those days did not stop (which it most certainly has not, has if anything accelerated a thousand fold into the most Orwellian structure in modern history), then there is no reason to believe that propaganda creation, which is now legally allowed to be distributed by the US government mind you, has ceased. None what so ever.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

As TheGUT says above, it was Obama's repeal of the Smith-Mundt Act that made it legal for the use of propaganda against American citizens.

And just in case anyone thinks it's only the CIA who are doing this, take a peek at this article:

WASHINGTON — The FBI has imposed new restrictions on its agents’ ability to masquerade as reporters following an uproar over the impersonation of an Associated Press journalist, but the agency has stopped short of ruling out the practice as news organizations had wanted.

“Once again, AP calls on the government to refrain from any activities involving the impersonation of the news media, and we demand to be heard in the development of any policies addressing such conduct,” he added.

FBI Director James Comey defended the tactic in a 2014 New York Times opinion piece as “proper and appropriate,” and said that while it would still be permissible today, it would likely need additional levels of approval.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
The official story of "Operation Mockingbird" was the CIA used "Journalists" to influence opinion through their reporting i.e "fake news"

The US government stated that this project was shut down. Being that this is a conspiracy site, I don't think any of us really believes everything that any government tells us.

So that leads me to my question, does "operation mockingbird" still sing.

I see no particular reason for anything of that nature to be shut down...ever, no matter what any government says.
Also journalistic licence is ideal in infiltrating media online...I do believe I see examples of that here in this forum, seemingly ridiculous at times, but always drawing on ideologies and politics as well.
Especially...I think, in the US where there is diametrically opposed political leanings, that is probably much the same as in COINTELPRO itself, and where each side also have their own camps.
Even where the danger can come from outside of the country, there appears to be examples where those who would, and could, and do, do harm to say, the US, are protected by elements in the American intel.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah nobody with a brain cell will believe a word MSM says. People who still would even pay attention to the mainstream media don't have a mind of their own. It's why I thank God everyday we're not a democracy. Just because the majority might think something doesn't mean they're right. Sometimes only a few people have their head screwed on and I'm grateful we have a system that prevents them from being stepped on by a horde of stampeding snowflakes.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Also,to answer your question has operation mockingbird been shut down?-

Look into the wikileaks "vault 7" documents.
This provides evidence of how the CIA and British intelligence agencies are using sophisticated(or just downright dirty)techniques to manipulate opinions via social media platforms.

Essentially,the evolution of mockingbird.

Nothing stops.
Nothing gets shut down.

It simply evolves.

I really do mean nothing stops.
Eugenics,biological warfare,mind control,torture techniques,identity fracturing,killer drones,weaponization of nano tech,environmental/weather manipulation,"perfect" murder science,you name it...non has stopped.

It has only evolved to such a level that anyone even considering that these things exist are labelled a nut,a crazy conspiracy theorist who should be shunned by all "normal thinking"people,and locked in an institution.

In terms of the future outlook,expect worse to come.
We can be described as living in a closed system of heat energy.
Our planet and near space is a closed system for the time being-we can't get out of that for now whatever Mr Musk says..
As a closed system we are bound by certain laws of physics.
Like the 2nd law of thermodynamics-
Which tells us that entropy increases.
Entropy,or chaos/misrule/madness only increases.

So hold on tight folks,and expect and accept that things will only get more crazy!!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yes, the mockingbird still sings. Why quit using what works, after all?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless
You are correct about that.
The elections were a primo example.
The way that was played was very obvious-the certain sections of the media who exist only to forge public opinion were using a pychological technique to attempt to force a specific election outcome.
This technique is simple-it is this:

It is believed that if you tell everyone that "most people think/believe/want _ _ _ _ _ outcome,then many of the rest of the "herd" will conform to this view,just to be part of the "in crowd."
It supposes that people are so shallow that they wish to be just the same as everyone else,simpering to conform,to be "normal",bowing down to lick the boots of anyone who tells us that we need to behave in a certain manner.

But this view point needs to change,as nowadays IMHO,people wish to think for themselves,and feel intellectually insulted when being told to conform to a certain view.

We are now beginning to recognise social engineering/propaganda for what it is.
A vile attempt to treat us as mindless animals...which we are not.

Guess what psych experts and government mass mind manipulators?
People are waking up to your disgusting tactics.
People are not actually a herd of mindless morons,however much you would like it to be so.

We are not the cattle you thought we were,and you shall regret the time you thought of us as such.

We are individual,thinking,feeling,loving beautiful and complex people whose minds are our own and no despicable attempts at treating us like a flock of sheep will bend us to your degenerate agenda.
They tried the TV approach.FAIL.
They tried the chemically altered food.FAIL.
They are trying the internet thought manipulation.FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Now stick that in your governmental pipe and inhale deep.
And I really do hope they choke on it,because (I wish to swear but I shall refain):

Because we are better than they think we are.
I shall leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There's a part of me that wonders;
Suppose the majority really can't think for themselves and need a scent of something to bring their noses in a certain direction? Aimless beasts?

Then that thought produces an outcome, well if the majority are in such a quandary I guess it seems OK to wave the scent of a-ha moments and lead them this way? Mindful thinkers?

Maybe it's these baby steps that bring us forward as a species and teaches us what love is really about.
Right now it's easier to love others than it is ourselves first.
I'm referring to a love that is neutral that extends to both ends of the spectrum of nature vs. nurture?

Mindless ramblings. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The O.S, fake news Psyop is that Mocking bird was a one time operation. This misleads us to believe its something they did once but not anymore.

Thats why they 'declassified' Mockingbird, to fool you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join