It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud double booms heard over Middle East, uk and east coast of USA?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They're long gone. They only stayed a couple weeks. They have F-15s that operate in the Baltics, as well as foreign F-16s and Typhoons.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ahhh yes ok.

All of which would cause a boom. I was hoping for a reddish orange or greenish colored trail leaving aircraft.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That's just it though, 99.9% of the time it's going to be something mundane. Boom =/= exotic.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

probably wont hear anything from those

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Lol...
Yeah I know.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

😁
I will try..

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

i haven't seen the green one to my knowledge, i've seen something green but it was a little slow.

but the orange well that's special, whatever that is i think even if it's older is where the shows at..

im a sucker for space, what can i say.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It's probably the noise of all those U.S Navy ships bumping in to eachother! :-)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would guess it's something special coming home for the holidays. But that's my $.02 being the season is upon us. Been gone far months and time to come home for a couple.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

if the reports are true and not people hopping on the bandwagon, it was heard in to wide of a path to be a spacecraft or air ship.

normally you can trace whatever's path by the trail of sonic booms. so unless they planned many aircraft all over the world breaking the sound barrier to mask what ever it was.

my guess would be a genuine sonic boom and others wanted to get in on the fun and polluted the news.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

During the 1970s effects of sonic booms from the Concorde and Tu-144 were detected at well over 1,000 miles. Under the right conditions a single sonic boom could account for 100 reports or more, hundreds of miles apart.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

i did not know that, that is very far. Still an interesting even that im sure we will never know 100% what it is.

NASA didnt say anything so i doubt it was space junk, and no one saw anything as far a as i can tell.

but at the same time my bets would be on a aircraft of some sort.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's almost certainly aircraft. Another thread talking about it had a map of where they were over the US, and almost all of them were near an MOA, flight training area, or testing corridor.
edit on 11/24/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
RAF Connigsby has Tiffies on QRA which go up in pairs, may have scrambled but is usually reported.

Not sure they practice alert interceptions at supersonic but probably quite easy to do by mistake, with both, probably not.

This from 2016:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Probably not unlikely that it could happen at the same time quite frequently, just a slow news day for our red tops.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

do you remember the title of that thread i would like to take gander at it.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Here's the post with the US map.

The OP has a video trying to tie the sonic booms, orbs, and net outages together.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

i had to LOL at the speculation, but i could make out a round trip if i squint my eyes.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Every one of those dots in the US is identifiable, and near something that is supersonic. People think they would announce supersonic flight, but they just go out and do it.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i kind of filtered out some of the US ones and i guess i could see a trip hitting all those major points with a single flight, but then again i could see a training day that just happened to coincide with allot of other training days/locations

ETA: that is a map for the year not this one event, definitely military training and not shocking at all
edit on 24-11-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
May be it has a link with the Edwards sigthing of this last months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join