It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud double booms heard over Middle East, uk and east coast of USA?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
RAF Connigsby has Tiffies on QRA which go up in pairs, may have scrambled but is usually reported.

Not sure they practice alert interceptions at supersonic but probably quite easy to do by mistake, with both, probably not.

This from 2016:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Probably not unlikely that it could happen at the same time quite frequently, just a slow news day for our red tops.

Hey Forensick,

Definitely not any recent QRA flights, I've been at Coningsby for a few weeks. The last one was back in October. Link to BGS Seismograph trace

The British Geological Survey publish earthquake and sonic event data here BGS Last 50 Days of events

As you can see, no sonic events recorded for a while, only traditional geological events. Therefore I highly doubt there have been any supersonic overflights recently.

Sounds like typical red top rubbish to me.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sonic booms from aircraft or bolides explain most but still not seen a good explanation of the 2014 sounds that I heard :

Video does a good job of capturing the none localised sensation of rapidly resonating pulses.
Have heard fireworks, conventional aircraft and sonic booms from same location but no comparison.

Given the fact these noises were heard (and recorded) at different locations over a wide area - the best fit explanation seems to be something weird.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws

originally posted by: Forensick
RAF Connigsby has Tiffies on QRA which go up in pairs, may have scrambled but is usually reported.

Not sure they practice alert interceptions at supersonic but probably quite easy to do by mistake, with both, probably not.

This from 2016:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Probably not unlikely that it could happen at the same time quite frequently, just a slow news day for our red tops.

Hey Forensick,

Definitely not any recent QRA flights, I've been at Coningsby for a few weeks. The last one was back in October. Link to BGS Seismograph trace

The British Geological Survey publish earthquake and sonic event data here BGS Last 50 Days of events

As you can see, no sonic events recorded for a while, only traditional geological events. Therefore I highly doubt there have been any supersonic overflights recently.

Sounds like typical red top rubbish to me.

Cheers
Robbie

Are you able to answer, are you Serving Mil at Coningsby or civvie worker?

Take it to PM if you want, im not served, BAES for 15 years.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

seems pretty localized rather than something moving away at high speeds. the booms would be getting quieter as it moved away

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Hi Forensick,

PM.
Cheers
Robbie

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

PM, check out please.

new topics