It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 Pennsylvania Teachers Quit Due to Violent Students

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Harrisburg Pennsylvania schools having big problems with student violence and teachers are leaving.

Lots of violence against teachers and not enough enforcement it seems.

Teachers not quitting are asking for administrative help.

So what is the problem ?

45 Pennsylvania Teachers Quit Due to Violent Students: ‘I’ve Been Kicked, Punched, Hit & Scratched’

The Harrisburg Education Association (HEA) said that at least 45 teachers resigned between July and October, and more have followed since. Those who remain are now demanding more help from administrators.

‘I have been kicked, punched, hit, scratched. I’ve had a student physically restraining me in front of my other students,’ first-grade teacher Amanda Shaeffer told board members, according to Penn Live.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Easy:

1) Monster spoiled children with no discipline in the home.

2) Inability for teachers or school administrators to physically discipline monster children or remove them from the class.

In the 70's, the teachers and principles had a big ass wood paddle and this kind of crap was not tolerated.

Since bad behavior is tolerated and hell, probably celebrated, it will continue and get worse and worse.

There are 2 real choices and 2 choices only. Re-install Discipline or permanently remove the the monsters and send them to a nice "basic training" camp.

The 3rd choice, continue to tolerate this crap, and reap the rewards.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ia reply to: xuenchen

These stories never mention the elephant in the room.
Typical

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I say close the school ... see if the parents don't start whipping ass when they have to start footing the bill

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

My aunt retired from teaching at Harrisburg.
She taught ESL at John Harris High School.

There were police officers stationed in the school.

She was threatened but never injured.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

My father is from Pennslyvania and he told me some crazy stories from his high school. This is back in the 1950's. A teacher was very frustrated with a student so he hung him by his ankles outside the 2nd story class window. My dad was talking too much so the teacher made him go in front of the class and sing the national anthem. Boys in the science class put sawdust in the microscopes (very very expensive back then) and the teacher beat and was ready to kill all of them. This was perfectly acceptable back then, and when these kids went home they got another beating. Not saying child abuse is right, but boy has the pendulum swung a little too far to the other side.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Easy:

1) Monster spoiled children with no discipline in the home.

2) Inability for teachers or school administrators to physically discipline monster children or remove them from the class.

In the 70's, the teachers and principles had a big ass wood paddle and this kind of crap was not tolerated.

Since bad behavior is tolerated and hell, probably celebrated, it will continue and get worse and worse.

There are 2 real choices and 2 choices only. Re-install Discipline or permanently remove the the monsters and send them to a nice "basic training" camp.

The 3rd choice, continue to tolerate this crap, and reap the rewards.

When I went to school in the late 70s, they still had that big wooden paddle.
I was on the receiving end a few times and when my father found out about it, I was on the receiving end of what he would dish out......usually a thick, wide leather belt with a nice, heavy buckle.
Only took a few times of getting that treatment to figure out that it wasn't worth it to get in trouble.
Nothing like that is happening to these kids today and that's the problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The area is going to need more jail cells in a few years.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Awesome, not only are we allowing our kids to be raised by people we barely know, we want them to punish them for us too! A school shouldn't be allowed to punish a kid unless their parents sign off on it. If they refuse to sign off on it and their kid keeps acting up then let the parents discipline them as they see fit, suspend them until they straighten up.

I find it disturbing that we are so gung-ho about letting strangers discipline children when it should be the parents responsibility. But I guess in a society that encourages children to be raised by the state and government this is to be expected.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The area is going to need more jail cells in a few years.

Independently contracted no doubt !!

....accepting bids soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I love stories like this.

I hope the entire thing collapses on itself. Another example of how pathetic government is. Even the officials don't care about each other. Just keeping their jobs.

I love it! Let it collapse.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Monster kids are horrible. They come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. The problems really begin when people start to claim victimhood.

"You only suspended little Johnny because he's purple and you're not!"

"Too many green kids are suspended as compared to purple kids, and that's racist!"

Then you have people who come along and decide we must be fair in our discipline and they institute discipline quotas to make sure it doesn't look like anyone is picking on purple kids, or green kids, or blue ones ...

And eventually, no one can discipline anyone for any reason, so those monster kids just prey on everyone around them because they can get away with it.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Either the family unit is restored or this will only get worse.

Kids are like dogs, they need training and that training is crucial in the younger years.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

dunno how old you are...but back in the late 70s early 80s the paddlings were rampant. You heard that sound in the hall and cringed...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

I wasn't born then but do remember paddling being a consequence of acting up.

Fact is a school shouldn't have the right to paddle a child unless the parents approve it first. I don't think anyone could argue against that, right?

I think it's crazy how people are so willing to let almost complete strangers raise and punish their kids for them. That's the sign of a sick society in my opinion, a society where the family structure has been ruined.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

A few have turned in their resignations in the Chicago suburbs too this year already. We're talking grade school too.

It's a catch-22. Parents want to make a better life for the kids, so they move to the suburbs. Both work 2 jobs to pay the mortgage and property taxes. Kids raise themselves. You can imagine the implications of that.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

When you have a little monster, it is almost always because of the parents and how the parents, or parent more often, have failed to handle discipline in the home.

Or another trend to create monsters is the trend of believing the child before the teacher and/or administrator.

Then you get the syndrome of "On no! Not ever my little angel ..."

Regardless, neither parental model will likely discipline adequately on their own (had they and there wouldn't be a monster) or ever think of allowing anyone else to touch their precious ange ... er, monster.

And there are more and more of them running rampant all the time.

Why should my properly managed and disciplined child suffer because there are a bunch of monsters in his school who cannot be managed?

This is why so many move out of school districts which rapidly go into a state of decline. People flee for the sake of their children.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As a parent, I'd be ashamed if on e of my kids was involved.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good parents would, but too many are pretty sure it wasn't their kid's fault.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join