It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 Pennsylvania Teachers Quit Due to Violent Students

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's isn't even about the 50's or the 70's. In my time in school parent/teacher conferences were the norm if I wasn't doing well. Detention of the weekends for acting out. Calls home. Getting grounded by my parents. And this was in the 80's and 90's.

Country has just gone to # since then with the family unit falling apart, mainly because of liberals. Liberals are largely responsible for the broken homes we see everywhere and the victim mentality instead of accountability which has followed.

Dad's are in jail or failures. Mothers are working 2-3 jobs, never home to parent, or are crack heads. In inner cities, especially among blacks, it's something like 75-80% of children are born out of wedlock. No wonder the children grow up into animals.

But I'll go out a limb as suggest Asians aren't the ones threatening and assaulting teachers. Why not? Culture. Family.
edit on 22-11-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

dunno how old you are...but back in the late 70s early 80s the paddlings were rampant. You heard that sound in the hall and cringed...

Yep hell I was a good kid and got my backside blistered in elementary school once, with that big azz paddle with holes drilled in it so it indeed left blisters on your butt. Then got it double at home and my parents weren't abusive at all. With four kids when we got the belt rack rustling we more than likely deserved it. LOL my dad had a heavy belt, but my mom had a thin one and used it like Indian Jones used his whip. They were great parents but also knew it would have been chaos if boundaries weren't set. Got extremely lucky my own kids they were mostly good.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Our society here in America is falling apart. People are more interested in "what's in it for me" than in the country itself. It is causing so much polarization too, I can't see it being a decent place to live in the future. Wide swings in this nations perception in the wrong direction is occurring. This is a nation, no man is an island and this country is not going to survive if there are fifty million islands on it. Civility is waning, what they say is civility is actually promoting chaos.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is a very violent and tough state. I've lived all over the country and I always tell everyone this is the toughest state in the union.

Also there is a lot of very old infrastructure here for water. Think Flint Michigan and the local municipalities don't want to acknowledge it exist.

I won't link it but the school in my neighborhood did a lead test and found 10 out of 11 students had issues with lead or something along those lines.

Heavy metals are really messing everyones brain up.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
this is just stupid teachers leading stupid kids for years and years and years and years and years. This is what you get when you allow your kids to be taught by people who have never questioned anything in their lives.

Even if these teachers knew what they were teachings is wrong they wouldn't tell you in fear of losing their job.

Why do you think every genius dropped out of high school when they were 15? School is a 12 step program to get you to not question authority.

This school failed miserably in that area. This is probably just the start of many to come in my opinion.

www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: infolurker

Awesome, not only are we allowing our kids to be raised by people we barely know, we want them to punish them for us too! A school shouldn't be allowed to punish a kid unless their parents sign off on it. If they refuse to sign off on it and their kid keeps acting up then let the parents discipline them as they see fit, suspend them until they straighten up.

I find it disturbing that we are so gung-ho about letting strangers discipline children when it should be the parents responsibility. But I guess in a society that encourages children to be raised by the state and government this is to be expected.

They will not be raised by the teachers, that is the parents job!

And this is all what went wrong - the parents neglecting their duty to teach their children needed civil manners!

The teachers job is to teach - arithmetik, reading, writing you know? Not "do not be a shi*thead, idiot!". That is the parents job.

I shake my head whenever I read about something like this and then from some people that the teacher should teach their pupils MANNERS. This is the parents job!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Or another trend to create monsters is the trend of believing the child before the teacher and/or administrator.

Then you get the syndrome of "On no! Not ever my little angel ..."

a friend of mine was in charge of transportation for a local school district.
he had cameras installed in all the buses.
he would have conferences with parents. the parents would swear their little angels did not do so and so.
he would show them the video.
...what???

picture worth a thousand words.
this guy was determined to support his drivers. if they had issues they were instructed to pull the bus over and call the police.
no playing around with the snowflakes on his watch.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
When I was a kid in the 80's they'd beat the snot out of you with a paddle. Kids feared the paddle. One good whack on the rear from that and you listened. I know I got it a few times.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Ia reply to: xuenchen

These stories never mention the elephant in the room.
Typical

You must be prophetic. Throughout this thread no one dared to discuss the huge elephant sitting front and center, smashing its way through civilized society.

It is weird, with all of the religion lost and parents that are one step above being the devil, I never see this type of situation within 400 miles of where I live. No police at the schools, no teachers getting beat up and legit high school diplomas being handed out to kids that actually show up for class.

Hmmm, I wonder why this situation only occurs in certain parts of the country? Usually around large population centers that have been established for a while. It is the weather? Maybe it could be the ground water quality?

There has to be some type of correlation between these failing schools.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Is this an example of the "fear of big cities" we even heard in Europe you might have a problem with?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Of course ... I typed that when I was a victim of it last year.

Kid has an auditory disorder than makes him more distractable and more hyper the louder his environment is. Classrooms can be a bad place for him without careful management.

Bring the same child into the home environment, which is always pretty quiet compared to the classroom he was in ...

Two different children.

So it got to be very hard to reconcile what the teacher was telling us with the child we dealt with.

I always supported the teacher, but I also had a nagging feeling something was going on beyond her assessment that he was simply undisciplined.

In the end, turns out I was right, but we could very easily have fallen into that mold of "... not MY angel!"

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

What do we do about these vicious, spoiled children!?

Are you saying it is the same situation?

edit on 23-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I agree witht he paddle. I was paddled frequently growing up. Very frequently. Sometimes more than once a day.

My persona portrayed here is of someone who is strong willed and tenacious. That really is my personality, always has been.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
When I was a kid in the 80's they'd beat the snot out of you with a paddle. Kids feared the paddle. One good whack on the rear from that and you listened. I know I got it a few times.

Well you also might have had a much better family life, not living in a dysfunctional environment. All I knew was whatever the school could dish out it wasn't nothing to what my dad could and I'm not just talking getting my butt whipped...its much deeper with respect and the want to be successful in all I did.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I got blamed for stuff in school that was patently false.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree witht he paddle. I was paddled frequently growing up. Very frequently. Sometimes more than once a day.

My persona portrayed here is of someone who is strong willed and tenacious. That really is my personality, always has been.

When I was a kid I didn't have a lot for my parents to use as a tool, so the belt was always in the back of my mind when I thought about doing things that my parents would see as wrong. I didn't really have an allowance, TV was 3 channels, they would not take my books, maybe ground me, but that was a pain for them too...etc not a lot of things...

Today, I have so many tools I can use to correct my kids that padding now would be least effective option. Boy take a phone and you would think I stripped flesh off their backs as example. Kids in either dysfunctional families or the participation trophy family both raise their kids in a no control environment and they do what they want to do.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Awesome, not only are we allowing our kids to be raised by people we barely know, we want them to punish them for us too! A school shouldn't be allowed to punish a kid unless their parents sign off on it. If they refuse to sign off on it and their kid keeps acting up then let the parents discipline them as they see fit, suspend them until they straighten up.

I find it disturbing that we are so gung-ho about letting strangers discipline children when it should be the parents responsibility. But I guess in a society that encourages children to be raised by the state and government this is to be expected.

That’s just the point , the parents aren’t disciplining the kids...pretty obvious, and all the time outs and safe spaces in the world isn’t going to fix it....

You say they shouldn’t be allowed to....

I say they should to put up with the aftermath of a parent not raising their kids w respect and decency

But carry on flower child

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When I was a kid I didn't have a lot for my parents to use as a tool, so the belt was always in the back of my mind when I thought about doing things that my parents would see as wrong. I didn't really have an allowance, TV was 3 channels, they would not take my books, maybe ground me, but that was a pain for them too...etc not a lot of things...

Today, I have so many tools I can use to correct my kids that padding now would be least effective option. Boy take a phone and you would think I stripped flesh off their backs as example. Kids in either dysfunctional families or the participation trophy family both raise their kids in a no control environment and they do what they want to do.

I never spanked the oldest boy. The youngest never got spanked after he turned about 8 or 9. It was a tool to reset his behavior and gain his attention, nothing more, and was not intended to transfer pain.

At school, however....

You cannot trust parents to be engaged enough to support the school, so the school has to mete out punishment on the fly. The cost of a single disruptive student can be the performance of the entire classroom, so its not like the schools (who are performing a tax payer funded service) can wait for parents to decide to avail themselves of the need for their child to not be a wild animal. In school, paddling is a highly effective deterrant.

When I was a kid my dad would spank me until he realized that beating on me didn't change my behavior. I can take physical pain longer than you can dish it out with a belt or switch. When he made that transition into treating me like a man instead of a child, he would talk to me and use reason.

Of course, I was larger and stronger than him by my freshman year. My stepdad wasn't a very big man, and strong arm doesn't work on someone bigger and stronger than you, and full of more testosterone.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thats just plain dumb. If i was a student in that situation i would easily be able to beat the # out of my teacher. Especially if I had 20 friends who had my back who all hated school and the teacher and had no discipline ever?

They would beat the # out of the teacher an then go home and their parents would do nothing.

You think one teacher is going to be able to paddle 15 violent dumb asses and not get his ass kicked?

They need to kick the kids out of school and neuter the parents.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I was paddled. But they did that in christian schools. Funny thing is I didn't do anyting. I was just near the people who did. So what happened? I laughed. They laughed. We got paddled half a dozen times. The principal probably wanted to do it some more since we were still smiling. I got spanked at home and those were not something to smile at. But he rarely spanked us and it never left a bruise. If that's abuse then we're screwed as a species. I don't know how long it'll be for us to become robots or something like them, but it'll happen. There's really no other path when your nature is subverted.
edit on 11/23/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join