It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-taught rocket scientist plans launch to test flat Earth theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I didn't know where to put this article but I know that there has been a lot of talk about the Flat Earth theory so to me, this is still a bit of a gray area as it hasn't been proven and is still hypothetical.

That said, I still want members to keep an open mind about this subject and this man, Mike Hughes, is about to launch his rocket above the Mojave Desert in Southern California on Nov. 25 to prove the Earth is flat.

IMO, the Earth is flat from my perspective on the ground. But seeing Earth from above? I think this guy is challenging science and what scientists have told us. Who knows...interesting though and I wish this guy the best of luck!

Self-taught rocket scientist plans launch to test flat Earth theory
www.theguardian.com...

Hughes has spent $20,000 (£15,000) building the steam-powered rocket in his spare time, and will be livestreaming the launch over the internet. The self-described daredevil says he switched his focus to rockets after twice breaking his back doing stunt jumps in cars.

“I don’t believe in science,” declared the 61-year-old. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula.”

The rocket, which Hughes aims to reach an altitude of 1,800ft (550 metres) over California, will be launched from the back of a converted motorhome purchased from Craigslist. It is sponsored by a flat Earth research group, and Hughes plans a subsequent trip to try and observe the flatness of the Earth for himself.

Speaking about the risks of the flight, Hughes said: “It’s scary as hell, but none of us are getting out of this world alive.”

Well...it will be very interesting to follow his theory about Earth being flat. But it would take more than a home made rocket to disprove the Earth is round. Not sure if I will get to watch his live stream, but that would be great unedited evidence to check out his rocket flight path.

What are your thoughts ATS? Is this guy a mad scientist, or is he just trying to get some more global bait headlines for fame?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If he believes the earth is flat I would recommend staying way out of the minimum safe distance at launch time.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If he believes the earth is flat I would recommend staying way out of the minimum safe distance at launch time.

If the Earth is flat...the rocket would curve away from launch pad...so unless you want the rocket landing ontop of you...huddle closer to launch pad.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

new topics

top topics

join