It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ and Capitalism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Woodcarver

I think it is the consequences from our peers and our penal code that plays the bigger role here. There are plenty of "christians" in prison.
I can only speak for myself and say I stopped lying cheating and stealing after I became a Christian but know others that make the same claim . There are actually prisoners who become Christians while in jail too .
Not even a little white lies?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Where in the Bible does it state loving God with all your heart and all your might?
Luke 10:27 ...rather then posting the whole book you can reference the place in the book where you read what you said it says .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Not even a little white lies?
No I have to admit that I pulled of a very good April fools that required me to do some bending of the rules but I did not cause any harm and every one had a great laugh .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think it is the consequences from our peers and our penal code that plays the bigger role here. There are plenty of "christians" in prison.
I can only speak for myself and say I stopped lying cheating and stealing after I became a Christian but know others that make the same claim . There are actually prisoners who become Christians while in jail too .
I know atheists, and even downright Satanists who make the same claims. I also know lots of christians Who saw through the false front of that cult and could no longer be associated with it. Claiming to be a Christian does not exempt you from anything. Are you claiming that all Christians are incapable of lying? Or are you just trying to convince me that you never tell lies?
edit on 19-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Where in the Bible does it state loving God with all your heart and all your might?
Luke 10:27 ...rather then posting the whole book you can reference the place in the book where you read what you said it says .

It would hold far more value if you did the footwork yourself.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I know atheists, and even downright Satanists who make the same claims. I also know lots of christians Who saw through the false front of that cult and could no longer be associated with it.
Great ..God is OK with people doing good things . He only has the issue of sin to deal with and He dealt with that on the cross .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I am sure it would if I thought it possible to find but I think you may have been telling one of those little white ones . prove me wrong .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I know atheists, and even downright Satanists who make the same claims. I also know lots of christians Who saw through the false front of that cult and could no longer be associated with it.
Great ..God is OK with people doing good things . He only has the issue of sin to deal with and He dealt with that on the cross .
yes people should be good. Are you saying that Christians are in capable of lying, or doing bad things? Or are you just trying to convince me that you are in capable of lying and doing bad things? Because that just sounds like virtue signaling.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Heck no I am as bad as they come and am a work in process .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I am sure it would if I thought it possible to find but I think you may have been telling one of those little white ones . prove me wrong .
You still haven't showed me where in the 10 commandments that it says to love God with all your might.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Heck no I am as bad as they come and am a work in process .
You literally said you never lie

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

uh, that is luke. Is luke god now? You said the 10 Commandments. To which I said they came from the code of hammurabi.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You still haven't showed me where in the 10 commandments that it says to love God with all your might.
You didn't mention the ten commandments and I said it was what the Bible taught . I provided you a location and asked you to show me yours .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

causing no harm is not what the bible teaches.
The 1st commandment is to love God and the second is to cause no harm to anyone. You really need to brush up on your Christian theology .
you said the first commandment

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You literally said you never lie
Its not something I think much about as I am usually trying to speak the truth but have been guilty of repeating things that turn out to not be true . Now if you want to get pickey you might say that I lie when I do that . But what ever .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

you said the first commandment
I was speaking to importance . 1 God first 2 your fellow men .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You didn't mention the ten commandments and I said it was what the Bible taught . I provided you a location and asked you to show me yours .
I will provide a little intellectual welfare since you seem poor in this area.

history.hanover.edu...

These are the regulations which Hammurabi the able king has established so that the world may enjoy stable and just government.

I, Hammurabi, have been called by the great deities.

I am the shepherd who brings well-being and abundant prosperity; my rule is just.

So that the strong might not oppress the weak, and that even the orphan and the widow might be treated with justice, I inscribed my precious words on my stele called "King of Justice" in Babylon.

I am the king who is first of all kings; my ability has no rival.

By the command of Shamash, who judges all the world, let justice now appear in the world.

By the word of Marduk my lord, let no one mar the figures or words on my monument.

Let the oppressed person stand before my monument and have the precious words of my inscription read aloud.

Then that person's mind shall rest easy in the knowledge that justice will be done.

To the end of time let the kings of the world follow the just words inscribed on my monument.

Let no king alter the inscription or erase the engraving.

May the kings who listen to my words be blessed with empires as large as mine, governing the world in justice.

As for the kings who do not listen to my words, may their destinies be cursed, their kingdoms overthrown, their people scattered, and their very existence forgotten.

Let these curses be unalterable, and let them quickly overtake the kings who do not listen to my words.

The link provided will send you to a reputable source. The bold text is the part which is mimiced by the first commandment. You will see the others in there when you take the time to read them. This is more than 2000 years older than the new testament and was the precursor to the jewish talmud and the old testament. It really is quite fascinating.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I am the king who is first of all kings; my ability has no rival
I don't see how "you shall love your God with all your might " equates to that but will ask if a God is being spoken about in your opinion .

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I am the king who is first of all kings; my ability has no rival
I don't see how "you shall love your God with all your might " equates to that but will ask if a God is being spoken about in your opinion .
we were talking about the commandments until you moved the goalpost to luke.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I didn't move any goal posts because the Christian doctrine and theology is heavily reliant on NT scriptures .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join