It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ and Capitalism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You forgot Jesus was a Master of Parables, Prophecies and Miracles.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Right, I am sorry for assuming and also would like to apologize to all masonic members because everyone has a right to choose there own path in life so long as they are willing to live with the consequence of there choice.

I understand how some like yourself choose to give up on a faith or to renounce a membership in an organization, brotherhood or fraternity (but unless you were kicked out you are always going to be a member just not a paying member in that case).

I follow the belief that I swore an oath in error and am released from it by my faith in Christ and the forbidding of swearing oath's that is a part of the new testament because like he say's I can not by will alone change a single hair of my own head - at least not consciously or without extreme meditation or something.

I think the world is a terrible place sometimes, people lose faith all the time, they find it again as well.

This will sound like crap and out of place and you shall never believe me, also it is not relevant to the vein of the thread but let's just say I have experienced what I regard as genuine demonic activity, seen poltergeist type activity and experienced paranormal attack, I was told that I was walking a path ancient and new and had no idea what the hell that meant, I saw trees bend when there was no wind, objects appear and disappear, heard voices, saw vision's but guess what non of it helped me, I had indeed had head injury's but this was real, if not it was the best special effects in the real world I have ever seen.

I have also seen reality change but that is another matter, so have many others and they refer to it as Mandela effect but I had no name for it, all that I know is that the passages about seven threescore and seven man in the book of revelation - he was described as one like unto the son of man come down from heaven to overcome the beast and the kingdom of the beast which though not in the same chapter I equated with the Rod of Iron - as my father gave unto me so shall I give unto he that overcometh - the rod of iron with which she shall govern all nations breaking them as potsherds (they are sand because they are not built upon the rock - not bound by the blood of Christ or that is how I probably wrongly interpreted that).

Also I remember Eugene Terrablanch appearing on a panorama episode on the BBC in an interview with an investigative journalist - this was when the neo nazi's of south africa were still fighting against the abolition of apartheid.
Eugene Terrablanch in that episode claimed that there movmen's three armed swastika was really 777 which for some odd reason most people misinterpreted that seven threescore and seven to mean when in fact it was obviously meant to mean 767, he in typical racist crap claimed that the white people were seven seven seven and that the black African's were six six six - obviously no one told the devil that with all the suffering they endure.

I remember the sky being blue, the light being more radiant and the green of the grass being both more green and also more filled with that light in the daytime, the sun having a golden yellow warm light in summer while now it just seem's white and hot and the blue sky is not blue but like a washed out grey/greenish thing - I am color blind so my interpretation of the color would be different to your's.

Now like I say I had head injury's so not a reliable account, I am a religious guy so biased to my faith etc, I have experiences thing's, horrible thing's and also interesting thing's that to recount would take a book but once again how can my word on them be regarded as untainted as I did have those head injury's.

So sorry for that rant and thank's for correcting me in a cordial manner.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Why do all atheists interject their opinions about Christianity into every thread about religion? No one cares about your beef with jesus now was christ anti capitalist?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

What is the most disturbing about the Bible is how can the Bible be so morally wrong about slavery?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Why do all atheists interject their opinions about Christianity into every thread about religion? No one cares about your beef with jesus now was christ anti capitalist?

Paying attention to history is not the same thing as being an atheist.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What is the most disturbing about the Bible is how can the Bible be so morally wrong about slavery?
Context might help in understanding it . Slavery is one of these facts we find exercised in history . Some down right cruel while in other instances not so much . But there is a notion of voluntary slavery which is something that can be understood in todays context in the employer employee relationship . But it was a common practice during very hard times for people willing to work on a farm or in other enterprises just for room and board .The last example is not that far removed from todays history and can be found in the great depression . But on another note that some people try to contextualize the religion of Christianity is what the Bible says in the old Testament without considering the new . A good example is the notion of a peaceful religion

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I have no beef with fictional characters. I do have plenty to say to those who pretend those characters are real in an attempt to use those fictional characters to push their own political agendas. (I.e. Was christ a capitalist?). It's like asking if superman was a capitalist. Or the raven from Aesop's sour grapes story. Why are religious people so afraid of atheists pointing out their faulty logic and wanting to talk about it? Surely even the most adept christian can see the holes in the bucket?
edit on 20-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: dfnj2015

Context might help in understanding it . Slavery is one of these facts we find exercised in history . Some down right cruel while in other instances not so much . But there is a notion of voluntary slavery which is something that can be understood in todays context in the employer employee relationship . But it was a common practice during very hard times for people willing to work on a farm or in other enterprises just for room and board .The last example is not that far removed from todays history and can be found in the great depression . But on another note that some people try to contextualize the religion of Christianity is what the Bible says in the old Testament without considering the new . A good example is the notion of a peaceful religion
So why couldn't jesus explain this? Instead of just telling slaves to obey their masters? Did god not realise that we would be looking at these stories in modern times? Seems awfully short sighted for a god. Why would a god need you to clarify this to us now? Where is jesus now? Why wouldn't a god straighten this out? Why do you feel like you know what god actually meant when he inspired some anonymous people to write these stories decades after the events supposedly happened?

Do you at least understand why people are skeptical about these stories and your boldness to translate what they mean?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So why couldn't jesus explain this? Instead of just telling slaves to obey their masters? Did god not realise that we would be looking at these stories in modern times? Seems awfully short sighted for a god. Why would a god need you to clarify this to us now? Where is jesus now? Why wouldn't a god straighten this out? Why do you feel like you know what god actually meant when he inspired some anonymous people to write these stories decades after the events supposedly happened? edit on 20-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given) Do you at least understand why people are skeptical about these stories and your boldness to translate what they mean?
I can understand why people can be skeptical about these stories .Being skeptical is a good thing imo . As far as being a bit bold to explain what I understand about the subject goes well I might ask you why you were so bold to say something that didn't exist in the text you quoted , and quite boldly too . Was it something you thought it said but was wrong or was it something you thought you would just make up to claim some kind of superiority in history while slamming someone you disagree with to make yourself feel good ?

The Bible has a lot of data to consider .Why would God allow people at the time to think the world was flat ? Did it matter to God if they were incorrect ? Do you think God should have used 21st century science to explain to a group of goat herders the facts about the world they live in ? If He did that would not the atheist of the 25th century laugh at the silly explanation that would be then (future) outdated science . Guess what ..He didn't care because its not about what you or I think it should be but about what God thinks . Its only through studying it that we get a glimpse into the mind of God .

Some are interested while others are not . My free will allows me to dare to ask and look . Yours does not .I get that and accept that fact .

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So why couldn't jesus explain this? Instead of just telling slaves to obey their masters? Did god not realise that we would be looking at these stories in modern times? Seems awfully short sighted for a god. Why would a god need you to clarify this to us now? Where is jesus now? Why wouldn't a god straighten this out? Why do you feel like you know what god actually meant when he inspired some anonymous people to write these stories decades after the events supposedly happened? edit on 20-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given) Do you at least understand why people are skeptical about these stories and your boldness to translate what they mean?
I can understand why people can be skeptical about these stories .Being skeptical is a good thing imo . As far as being a bit bold to explain what I understand about the subject goes well I might ask you why you were so bold to say something that didn't exist in the text you quoted , and quite boldly too . Was it something you thought it said but was wrong or was it something you thought you would just make up to claim some kind of superiority in history while slamming someone you disagree with to make yourself feel good ?

The Bible has a lot of data to consider .Why would God allow people at the time to think the world was flat ? Did it matter to God if they were incorrect ? Do you think God should have used 21st century science to explain to a group of goat herders the facts about the world they live in ? If He did that would not the atheist of the 25th century laugh at the silly explanation that would be then (future) outdated science . Guess what ..He didn't care because its not about what you or I think it should be but about what God thinks . Its only through studying it that we get a glimpse into the mind of God .

Some are interested while others are not . My free will allows me to dare to ask and look . Yours does not .I get that and accept that fact .
I literally posted the entire list of the code of hammurabi. I can't make you read it. Horse meet water.

A glimpse into the mind of god? Or a glimpse into what people believed god was at the time. Because in other places, and other times, people believed in very different things. Why would a god reveal himself to so few people in such a backward part of the world? And then expect everyone to believe in a book that was written by anonymous people, decades after the events, and then let it get rewritten and retranslated to favor theocratic governments thousands of miles away?

It seems likely that this is all the machinations of people in power, using human nature to form tribes based on shared beliefs.

You simply prefer this story over others. There is no good reason to believe in these stories as you plainly say you understand why people are skeptical. Can you explain why you understand people's skepticism?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A glimpse into the mind of god? Or a glimpse into what people believed god was at the time. Because in other places, and other times, people believed in very different things.
Well I didn't find those two rules you said were in the text you provided . Whats up with that ?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

A glimpse into the mind of god? Or a glimpse into what people believed god was at the time. Because in other places, and other times, people believed in very different things.
Well I didn't find those two rules you said were in the text you provided . Whats up with that ?
Maybe you're blinded by bias?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

list all of the reasons you believe the bible is the inspired word of an actual deity?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Everything is a pyramid. Even your beloved communism. The only difference is mobility. There's no mobility in communism. You're either the ruler, their friends, or everyone else.

Having known many people who moved from the bottom row to the upper two or three here in the US, I'll take capitalism.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Mods should delete your off topic posts. They violate the rules of the forum. There are 100k threads for you to discuss why someone believes or doesn't. This isn't one of those threads.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You simply prefer this story over others. There is no good reason to believe in these stories as you plainly say you understand why people are skeptical. Can you explain why you understand people's skepticism?
I think there are stories more believable then others .Even what a story does not say matters as to how we think about them . So taking a dogmatic belief about a subject just because makes no sense to me . Other then about the existence of a God when its the only thing that makes sense without being able to prove . In other words I am more convinced of it the more I study it and look into it .

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

list all of the reasons you believe the bible is the inspired word of an actual deity?
Because it requires faith (trust) .

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So you know for sure Jesus was made up a poor carpenter preaching passifism. Why would the Roman's or the Jews write about him? If he was a religious warlord maybe but that's a different debate.

I'm basically am atheist but atheists are a lot like vegans where they have to tell others why they're atheists for no reason.

And Jesus sure did get pissed when people were selling stuff in the temple. Probably the only time he lost his cool

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So you know for sure Jesus was made up a poor carpenter preaching passifism. Why would the Roman's or the Jews write about him? If he was a religious warlord maybe but that's a different debate.

I'm basically am atheist but atheists are a lot like vegans where they have to tell others why they're atheists for no reason.

And Jesus sure did get pissed when people were selling stuff in the temple. Probably the only time he lost his cool
I never said i was sure, but when i press others for reasons why they are sure that these stories are true, the answer i get is "faith". Since when is faith an answer for any question? The mere fact that it is offered as an answer is proof that these people don't understand what they believe or why. there are far more reasons to believe that he was not a magic man, than there are reasons to think he was. I have taken the time to show that these stories are without any doubt, plucked from other naratives that are far removed from christianity or jesus.

If these stories cannot be proven to be true, and people try to use these stories to push political agendas or change public perceptions, i will gladly spend my time to point out the fallacies. If you or anyone else is afraid of discussion, that's too bad for you.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Because it requires faith (trust) .
Faith? Is that an answer to my question? Why do you have this faith?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join