It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Florida man says he now identifies as Filipino

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Why not...in this increasingly bizarro society we live in?

A man in Florida who was born white now identifies as Filipino as part of a reportedly growing “transracial” community.

Ja Du, a Florida man who was given the name Adam at birth, now considers himself Filipino, according to WTSP.

He said he's part of a growing “transracial” community in which people are born one race, but identify with another.

And I am sure there is now a "growing community" of people whose parents identified them as pineapples at birth, who are now identifying as mangos.

Of course, mental health professionals are quick to say that this is all perfectly fine...

Ja Du said he hasn’t told his family yet because he thinks they’ll laugh at him, but a licensed psychologist told WTSP that if someone really feels that way about themselves and they acknowledge it, “the happier you can be” with yourself.

“If someone feels that they feel at home with a certain religion, a certain race, a certain culture, I think that if that’s who they really feel inside, life is about finding out who you are,” Dr. Stacey Scheckner said. “The more knowledge you have of yourself, the happier you can be.”

Maybe it is just me, or my antiquated way of thinking, but I think there is a fairly big difference between really liking a certain culture (and maybe wanting to move to a country and become a citizen there), and thinking that you actually are a certain race...when clearly you are not.

Oh, and not too shockingly...

In addition to identifying as a Filipino, Ja Du also says he’s transgender — which can be defined as ”a desire to assume the physical characteristics and gender role of the opposite sex.”

So, if I have this correct he identifies now as a Filipino woman.

Has the whole concept of delusional thinking, as a disorder, gone out the window?

I Think I'm Turning Filipino, I Really Think So

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Read this earlier.. Sigh'''..her malpracticing doctor should have told her , Filipino is not a race, it's a nationality , you know kinda like being an American.
What this does however is gives folks opposed to the very concept of being transgendered good talking points.
edit on 14-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What a fantastic spokesman for post natal abortions.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Why not...in this increasingly bizarro society we live in?

well..to be honest...it's mostly you few guys peddling this crap...US, France, GB, Germany...the rest of the world is not amused.

“the happier you can be” with yourself.

and that really is the point of having a civilization, right ?...

humoring various individual lunacies...

Thank god i'm in a 2,5 world country.

edit on 14-11-2017 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I don't understand how or why this is news? If someone wants to identify as a five-legged poodle named Marshmallow Fluff the Third, let them... How does that have any consequence on anyone else's lives?
Some people like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I find it odd, but I don't feel the need to write a news article about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

If someone wants to identify as a five-legged poodle named Marshmallow Fluff the Third, let them... How does that have any consequence on anyone else's lives?

because next...is legal status....just you wait.

And then...wait for the can of worms.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
On a side note,

My microwave now wants voting rights...

And my mailbox wants to be known as Karen...

Then to make matters worse, my cat is starting to identify as a dog.

The world...is...mad.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

So let them legally be declared a mailbox and feed them utility bills. How does that affect your life?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

So let them legally be declared a mailbox and feed them utility bills. How does that affect your life?

It affects my life because I am forced to live surrounded by this debased, demented leftist degeneracy.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Br34kingp01nt

It affects my life because I am forced to live surrounded by this debased, demented leftist degeneracy.

Those are just opinionated adjectives not a way those people affect your life.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

it always puzzles me how people cant see further then their own back yard. It's not about me...(i dont give a sh** )...it's about what is right, and what is truth, and what is real for the entire society. Not your personal fantasies about unicorns.

Having a possibility for someone to declare oneself anything he/she/"zee" damn well pleases, from gender, nationality and skin color...will open up a can worms. There is a strong push from the left to legally acknowledge...feelings. Just wait for it man...it's only in the very beginnings now. If you cant see it...good luck.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Br34kingp01nt

originally posted by: Gemwolf

Didn't read anything about her political leanings.. has anyone else??..maybe she is a stern conservative like Milo what'shisname..and transgendered Caitlyn Jenner.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
*sighs* the fact a guy from Florida feels this way surprises me not one bit..

The sad thing to me is this was considered worthy of a news article, saddens me quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

What does it matter???

Say you grow up in a culture completely different than your racial background . Where you are basiclly only around your adopted culture/race and have little to know interaction with those of your birth race.

Would you be closer to one or the other???

If your a white guy raised in a tribe in Africa, with little or no contact with other Europeans. Are you more European or African???

Honestly, I think these people are right. If someone can pick their sex then why would race be different??

If anything this might be the real end of racism.. besides the good old fashion “sex each other up until your top mixed up to discriminate along those lines” ...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Br34kingp01nt

So who is the snowflake, don’t get triggere??

Lol

Lol.. it is hilarious how easily offended the people claiming to be railing against PC culture get over things that don’t even concern them...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

The corporatation that makes your microwave has far more “ voting rights “ than you do...

Thanks republicans!!

Lol

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I've long thought that this was the logical riposte to the legal pitfalls of race relations.
If all the white men re-identified themselves as black, they would become legally immune to charges of discrimination against black people.
There would be no answer to this ploy, except by re-introducing the old South African apartheid system and registering everyone's official race at birth.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Lol.. it is hilarious how easily offended the people claiming to be railing against PC culture get over things that don’t even concern them...

Dont concern them ??

So I guess what goes on in a society you live in...doesnt concern you ? Good. Society needs even more members of that frame of thinking.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The realisation of being an attack helicopter comes closer and closer with each retarded day.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It always puzzles me how people are bothered by things happening in other people's backyards. People trying to tell other people what they can or can't do. Who they can marry, what they can wear, what they can drive, what font they should use. It is human nature to be scared of something that is new or different than one self. There's always the dreaded "can of worms". Women can vote. The end is nigh! Interracial marriage. End of times! The gays can get married. Watch as the pillars society crumble!

Want to talk about legalities? Should we discuss the dozens and dozens of ridiculous laws and the laws that infringe on your rights?

Life is too short to get stuck on what crazy people do. Let them have their pineapple on their pizzas.

As Mr Einstein said: “The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever seen before.”

If there is only one thing we could take away from religion, it's to live and let live. It's OK to be different.

edit on 14/11/2017 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join