It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN may be sold

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: angeldoll

Then AT&T doesn't sell CNN and they either find some assets of Time-Warner's to divest that will satisfy the DOJ or the merger doesn't go through.

meh.

Here ya go. Written and starring dear leader and spouse. And as usual, so truthful! What beautiful, er, tulips?

edit on 11/8/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

How is that okay?

I'm not even American and that wasn't too hard to find

en.wikipedia.org...

The Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Department of Justice, state governments and private parties who are sufficiently affected may all bring actions in the courts to enforce the antitrust laws.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, you're all trying to make this some kind of big conspiracy or political hit job when it's really not.

AT&T + Time-Warner as they are now with all their assets would give the resulting company too much power over some aspects of a market or markets, approaching monopoly.

All business mergers are scrutinized in this manner, and when this is determined, the demand is made to remove certain assets if the companies in question still want the merger to go through. This can be negotiated which is what I am alluding to in my reply to you. Time-Warner and AT&T can always go over the complaint and try to suggest other assets that may be sold off to make the merger palatable while retaining CNN or ... they don't merge.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
(Checks pocket and seat cushion)

I got $1.83 for it. Do I get to fire Anderson Cooper and Wolfe Blitzer?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

For a $1.83 you only get to beat them about the head and neck.

Not Joe Pesci in a cornfield bad, but some good shots nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

edit on 11/8/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm wondering if Facebook or Google will be interested in buying CNN? Since more and more people seem to be getting their news through Facebook pages these days, but then again Google has both resources and technical ability to make a 24hour channel work. Guess we'll have to see.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Ahabstar

For a $1.83 you only get to beat them about the head and neck.

Not Joe Pesci in a cornfield bad, but some good shots nonetheless.

What about in the back room with a vice? How much for that? And can I YouTube the eye popage?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just checked close by because not really worth getting up. Bu I do have a Crown Royal bag on the dresser full of change...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Just for you we're running a special on Retina Rip Out Wednesdays. I'll toss it in for free.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Absolutely, and I wouldn't want it any other way my friend.

link   

WOO! HOO!

***BACK ON TOPIC***

Hopefully, the company that does make a bid to buy CNN is willing to use it to report the news and not force propaganda.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I just checked close by because not really worth getting up. Bu I do have a Crown Royal bag on the dresser full of change...

Aim for the face.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Well then, you can pay the $1.83 and beat Cooper and Blitzer with the Crown bag filled with that additional pocket change.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

In all seriousness, Google might be somewhat interested especially if the other Ted Turner network channels could be bundled. It would be a major expansion to the paid YouTube film library.

With CNN reformatted for google news aggregate news gathering for an offline experience with quick turn around on video clips for major news events, it could be very attractive. And with the news service stripping political bias to reporting during the reformat, very attractive to the point of self sustaining from on air ad revenue.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
I'm wondering if Facebook or Google will be interested in buying CNN? Since more and more people seem to be getting their news through Facebook pages these days, but then again Google has both resources and technical ability to make a 24hour channel work. Guess we'll have to see.

I'd really like for Google to be scrutinized in the same way these mergers are. They are approaching a monopoly by themselves without needing to buy anyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Then you don't want Google in there.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If everyone throws a few pennies in a can, ATS can move in.

Epic programming,

Staring at rocks in the morning
Bigfooters
Aliens!!!
Mud Pit Power Hour
Military sightings
Paranoid Paranormal
Mom's Basement Survivor

CNN's ratings would have to improve over the fake garbage they play.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
If everyone throws a few pennies in a can, ATS can move in.

Epic programming,

Staring at rocks in the morning
Bigfooters
Aliens!!!
Mud Pit Power Hour
Military sightings
Paranoid Paranormal
Mom's Basement Survivor

CNN's ratings would have to improve over the fake garbage they play.

For the Trump Haters there'd have to be the 2 Minutes of Hate, every hour on the hour.

Oh, wait, that's their current programming.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I am familiar with Tiptoe Through the Tulips.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join