It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cemu - Wii U Emulator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall All the roms I own besides original PS1 and the GBA i either got formyself or convinced a friend to let me get. There is a downside of this though. N64 for me is impossible to get roms for. I just don't have the means. A friend back in Oklahoma helped me out with the Nitendo DS part but N64 is a no go. Atleast I actually own ono and play on there, well that and my older Sega consoles. Gotta love Earth Worm Jim.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall Do you know of a cost effective way to convert N64 games to a PC rom?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I own both games for the system so please climb down from the soapbox.

I will be honest and say through i do and have indeed downloaded others, that i may or may not be in possession of the actual game. LoL

Stealing is rather a subjective matter with regards to software piracy, rather a grey area.

Personally, i subscribe to the notion if you like a game pay for it, or if you cant then pirate away, its not like you get the multiplayer aspects without actually paying anyway.

Software companies steal from all of us one way or another, get them before "they" get you, that's my motto. LoL
edit on 6-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake you are correct. Downloading a rom that is old is not against the US law. Now seeding it is. I have older PS1 games that I got the roms for off the web but never seeded them. I onetime torrented a Disney movie before I got the means to stop a seed before it starts and got my internet shut off and recieved a very mean letter in the mail and a nasty phonecall. Never did that again lol

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Use of a VPN and HideMyIP works wonders with regards to retarding those overtly totalitarian letters and questions from your ISP unless "They" really want to get a hold of your goolies.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou Another somewhat funny aspect of that story. The movie was The Little Mermaid, and only for the 3-4 frames of footage. It almost cost me 150,000 USD. I was honest with Disney and my internet provider. And I got lucky.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I got pulled for Cars 3, weans downloaded it with open Ip address and also Guardians of the Galaxy 2 from Virgin(That was me and a few hundred million others LoL) but they cant really do anything or dont want to as long as you pay the bill your traffic should be your own concern really imho.

Plus i paid to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at the flicks. So its not like i dont contribute.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake I used to bounce my IP everytime but then there was a Time magaizine article that made me realize that I really have no reason to do so. I have a zero seed coming from my place and don't do or own anything that can put me in jail. So I figured bouncing my IP may just bring unneeded and unwanted knocking on the door. Oh well I do bounce when dealing with stocks, the downside is most exchanges will deny a exchange if you do. So keep that in mind if that is something that may want to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"They" really dont understand the spirit of our interwebs, fact is "They" are scared of free exchange of information.

But the Jinn is well out of the bottle with regards to our ability to disseminate information via electronic digital means.

Good luck getting her back in the bottle.

Brave new world and all that jazz, but needs must seems to apply.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

On further reflection, and a good bit of pondering and tinkering, i take back the statement that the Intel system far outstripped the Ryzen rig.

Turns out, or looks that way anyway, considering the improved performance and frame rate on the Ryzen rig(Back up at 58-60fps) that I had some Malware(Chrome extensions) which Malwarebytes seems to have removed, which seems to have alleviated the performance gap significantly.

I still think Cemo favors the Intel instruction set over AMD in general all the same but i'm glad i seem to have partially resolved the dilemma.

I tried running Cemu on only a single core, it crashed on the Intel rig and averaged 5-10 fps on the Ryzen chipset before hanging completely.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I told you to use a single CCX, not a single core.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This may sound silly but how do i enable CCX, rather than a single core?

I get that acronym are various pertaining to the IT universe but to me "CCX "is to do with wireless local area network standards, stands for Cisco Compatible Extensions.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

In Rysen 4 cores share l3 cache, this unit is called CCX by AMD. I think your Rysen got 2 CCX, so half your cores will be in one and half in the other, limit cemu to only cores from 1 CCX.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You have panged my interest as to trying out Cemu in this CCX mode, but it's two in the morning here, and im on the school run tomorrow. So im afraid i will really need to call it a night soon. I will attempt it tomorrow.

Probably really no reason to do so now all the same as the AMD fps issue turns out to have been Maleware hogging the system resources or what not.

As you can see if you can make out the frame rate in the top left corner Mario Kart 8 is now running at 57-60fps/1080p with GFX pack and additional Nvidia shadows courtesy of Cemu. Sorry if the vids a little out of kilter, it late. LoL

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If you do it, your CPU got 1 core disabled in each ccx, so it's 3 + 3 physical cores, each physical core has 2 logical core, to maximize resources set affinity to each physical core of one ccx, let's say for example logical core 1 3 and 5 (set affinity to all odds or all even cores within a ccx)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I own both games for the system so please climb down from the soapbox.

I will be honest and say through i do and have indeed downloaded others, that i may or may not be in possession of the actual game. LoL

Stealing is rather a subjective matter with regards to software piracy, rather a grey area.

Personally, i subscribe to the notion if you like a game pay for it, or if you cant then pirate away, its not like you get the multiplayer aspects without actually paying anyway.

Software companies steal from all of us one way or another, get them before "they" get you, that's my motto. LoL

Who is on a soap box, I am a 46 year old and still play games, and I BUY them. The older nes games and what not are one thing, but a game for a system that is less than 6 years old and games still being sold is stealing. I said in my OP "if you own them that's one thing" So what the hell soap box am I on? What I said was true. I get pissed off when people use emulators for systems that are current, and do not PURCHASE the games from the people who make them. That drives up the prices for people like me, who PAY for they systems and games. MOST people who use the Wii U emulator are NOT paying for their games!!!

Also what you said about "online" Uh, most Nintendo Wii U games are solid OFF LINE. So not having the "online" option is a poor excuse.

Sorry dude, been gaming for 36 years and have seen it all, and BTW the emulator you are talking about has been around for 2 years, plus! I am very well versed on it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well since you are so very well versed and seen it all, which i dought really, and 46 years old no less, i'm 42 myself and my avatar should be a dead give away as to how long i have been gaming, think 1980 somewhat supersedes your 32 years, although i can't quite grasp how that's relevant to a thread regarding emulation software in this day of age. Do you care to contribute your vast knowledge base regarding Cemu or just wish to spout alleged software piracy rhetoric whilst outlining how long said software has been around?

Because it does sound like you are on the software piracy soapbox just a tad, else please disregard and continue your thoughts.

Anything meaningful is most welcome but nobody is stealing like i said i own both titles as to the legality of emulation, the way i see it that's my business and concern.

But the threads not really about the legality of emulation as I'm sure people who are interested are perfectly aware of where and how to download applicable ROMS and associated files.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Tried running Cemu using the first logical core per physical core, and also the last logical core on my Ryzen 1600X. To be honest it seems to work a whole lot better when utilizing all the logical cores available to the CPU.

Only tried it using Mario Kart 8 and Zelda Breath of the Wild so far, so it may possibly be game dependant pertaining to different titles.

Tell you what i did manage to do through with a lot of help from a YouTube video, i got CEMU to see or enable my PS4 controller's motion sensing capability.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join