It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Archaeology - Civilizations Existed Before the Last Ice Age

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: Harte

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't buy the constellation claim either. I was actually let down when I read about the skull modifications. I was hoping it was going to be a temple of higher power and enlightenment. Now it looks like something out of the movie The BeastMaster. They say that only a small portion of the temples have been excavated. Lets hope they don't take 10 years to uncover it all.

It's a HUGE site. If they do it right, it will take FAR more than ten years.

Harte

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't buy the constellation claim either. I was actually let down when I read about the skull modifications. I was hoping it was going to be a temple of higher power and enlightenment. Now it looks like something out of the movie The BeastMaster. They say that only a small portion of the temples have been excavated. Lets hope they don't take 10 years to uncover it all.

I expect the full excavation will take 80-100 years in total. It's been known since the late 1960's and work continues largely under the German team. It's expensive to get an expedition there (food, water, shelter, equipment) and even staffing it with students (who pay their own way) it's pretty costly. In addition, it takes quite some time to remove dirt and sift it (speaking from experience, here.) It might be open as a large tourist site by 2060 or so... IF the area remains stable (government-wise.)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

That means Ill never see it...

Is it a funding issue? A find such as this, you'd expect universities world wide to want to be involved.

The great pyramid was supposedly built over 20 years, but they cant sift through a set of ground level ruins in less than twice that time? Come on...

edit on 12-11-2017 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Dwarka is not in the Gulf of Cambay (Khambhat.)

The artifact is a piece of wood dredged out of a bay that receives the runoff from almost 1/3 of the Indian subcontinent.

There is no underwater city in the Gulf of Khambhat.

Harte

More on items from the Gulf of Cambay.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hooke

That page links to an Anti-Hancock site.

I like how the author "Paul Heinrich" shats on Hancocks idea, but he co-authored a book : "The Coso Artifact: Mystery from the Depths of Time" about a spark plug, found in a geode that's 500,000 years old.

LMAO! Looks like hes just slandering the competition.

edit on 12-11-2017 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Plus the Coso Geode was actually only a champion spark plug from the 1920's, the age was actually for the mud that had dried onto it and concreted over the years after it had been dropped into a muddy stream, it may have been one of the spark plug's for a generator at one of the near by mine's or even just a discarded one from an old truck of the time but it was definitely a champion spark plug - same size, same material, same design which of course goes outside the realm's of possibility even if an ancient civilization actually had a similar automotive period to our own because if so then likely there standard unit of measure would have been different, there engineering and architectural design's would have been based on that scale and not ours so exactly the same size and design as the champion spark plug put's it well and truly out of the picture AND I actually believe there have been advanced civilization's in the past.

Why he is attacking Hancock?, perhaps he does not like the guy, think's that Hancock is actually a disinformation guy or is simply stealing the show from his own substandard book's which unlike hancock's have far less reliable information to back them up so you make a very good point.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

That said there are indeed artifacts that boggle the mind and for which orthodox views of the past present no explanation other than to claim hoax or simply ignore or even hide them away but sometime's they get out and we hear about them.

Not the best site and it does make the same mistake of presenting the discredited Cose artifact as such but some of the other artifacts are worth taking into consideration.
www.rabbithole2.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The site discusses the evidence for what's known as "alternative history." It's not "anti-Hancock" as such.

I like how the author "Paul Heinrich" shats on Hancocks idea, but he co-authored a book : "The Coso Artifact: Mystery from the Depths of Time" about a spark plug, found in a geode that's 500,000 years old.

That paper is here. Heinrich and Stromberg explain how investigation of the spark plug revealed how, despite claims to the contrary, it was not actually embedded in a geode, and in fact dated to the 1920s.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

LMAO! Looks like hes just slandering the competition.

You might think that, if you hadn't read the book.

Harte

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Not the best site and it does make the same mistake of presenting the discredited Cose artifact as such but some of the other artifacts are worth taking into consideration.
www.rabbithole2.com...

Didn't see any worth consideration.

Harte

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Harte,

What are your thoughts on Göbekli Tepe?

I see recent finds points to skull modification at the site. It seems the temples could have housed a skull cult.

According to new research published in Science Advances, three Neolithic skull fragments discovered by archaeologists at Göbekli Tepe show evidence of a unique type of post-mortem skull modification at the site.

I think the whole site is being hoaxed. The pyramids only look like pyramids from one angle. The digging into it wwas a joke claiming they were unerthing passageways. And several of the carved stones dont even match each other much less an ancient civilization. You have to look at the area its in the best interest of locals to keep this alive even if they have to fake evidence. They should have gone with the largest ball of yarn instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I hate to be that guy, but it would appear that you're mixing up Gobekli Tepe with the Bosnian Pyramid. Though other than mixing up the name, you're spot on with your assessment of the validity of the site in Bosnia.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

That means Ill never see it...

Is it a funding issue? A find such as this, you'd expect universities world wide to want to be involved.

The great pyramid was supposedly built over 20 years, but they cant sift through a set of ground level ruins in less than twice that time? Come on...

Funding is not the hard part. They have a small team and a whopping lot of material to sift and label and dig. If they'd had the manpower (around 30,000 people) that the pyramids did, they could have it done in ten years (once you've uncovered stuff, you have to decide what it means and sort it out and write papers and be prepared to defend them from your peers (because there will be other real experts who will challenge any weak spots.)

Typically dig teams are 10-30 people. Digs seldom run year around.

And once you found something in a site or in the sifted dirt and stabilized (or assembled it), you have to map it on a map (usually on computers) so you can see it in context and then label it and research (to identify what else it's similar to) and then arrange for it to be shipped to wherever it'll be stored and curated.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Good question, you see pictures of the full statues with only the head was previously above grade. That sedimentation would have taken thousands of years...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

If you're referring to Gobekli Tepe, it was all purposely back filled when they stopped using the site, one enclosure at a time. They would bury an enclosure then build a new one over a period of around 1800 years or so.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Those are clearly, naturally occurring formations.... ?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
Good question, you see pictures of the full statues with only the head was previously above grade. That sedimentation would have taken thousands of years...

I wonder how many thousands of years that sedimentation on the Easter Island statues would have taken...?

There was no major sea faring civilization way back then, don't ya know?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Why do you assume sedimentation regarding the Moai?

Harte

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Harte

Apparently some think they weren't buried on purpose.

They sat there for a long time.

Oh, if they could talk....

I've watched a ton of these vids since I read this thread.

Some cool stuff. The ZEG TV vids are good.

Just watched the chinese moon landing vid with their rover's pics vs the americans of the glass dome.

Mars stuff. Nan Madol, puma punku, nazca, it's always interested me. Thinking outside the box and not so much, all good.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Harte

Apparently some think they weren't buried on purpose.

Wouldn't it be easy enough to determine by looking at the topography of the surrounding landscape?

They obviously were not designed to be dropped down into a hole in the ground with only the uppermost section visible..

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I think if we consider what would happen to the likes of this civilization, if their was a sudden catastrophe, all the electronically stored information would be lost, many areas would be ungovernable , the likes of industrial electrical and by default steel production and manufacturing would just stop. Simply because it has evolved to become too centralized. Then a few thousand years pass by. A few villages in very remote places still retain the knowledge to make some Iron, and maybe gunpowder, this knowledge would be closely guarded. China was worried that the formula for gunpowder and silk production would get out to the "Barbarians" considering the first record of gunpowder was found written down in China 800 AD. It was probably already in use long before that.Differential gearing found in the Antikythera device, and even threads and screws were known about millennia ago, but were just too expensive to produce considering easily made alternatives.
The Math's involved were undoubtedly, around millennia ago, with the right social structure, we went from horse and cart to Jets in fifty odd years. So for difficult to make things like gunpowder, or iron smelting it suggests that they might be pockets of preserved knowledge from a previous industrialization of some sort.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join