It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Archaeology - Civilizations Existed Before the Last Ice Age

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ye, ended up watching the link, pretty fascinating. Love this stuff, antediluvian civilizations, who were they and what did they do and think about?
Sometimes, around dusk, right when sunset occurs, I'll look up at the moon against the back drop of a darkening blue sky, slowly enveloping into night and think about what other peoples, thousands of years ago, would be doing the same thing...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You do know that study was disproven dont you? Further analysis of Younger Dyras boundary sediments at 9 sites, released in June 2016, found no evidence of an extraterrestrial impact at the YDB. In December 2016, an analysis of nanodiamond evidence failed to uncover lonsdaleite or a spike in nanodiamond concentration at the YDB. In other words the basis for the paper was wrong. The other problems no mass extinction occurs in the fossil record.

That is absolutely not true. Newer studies re-confirmed what the original papers had eluded to. Once this originally came out, academia went on a warpath, especially against Hancock. The typical "Not Discovered by US" attitude born of jealousy and firm-mindedness from the self-righteous prima donna scientists that knew they could get page hits and create controversy basically because of their names and the universities they came from. Very similar to the Egyptologists that went up against him for the same reasons.

It takes a considerable amount of time to destroy old theories, so it will probably be another decade before the scientists that worked on the Comet that hit the Laurentide Ice, get the full recognition that they deserve. The resistance now is futile.

The research is focused on one particular geological marker horizon that was deposited at the start of the Younger Dryas. Already known to be present at over fifty sites across North America, it is an unusual layer of dark grey to black carbonaceous silty clay (containing up to 8% carbon): it is referred to as the “black mat”. In some cases, such as at Murray Springs in Arizona, it directly overlays Clovis remains including hearths, tools and butchered mammoth bones.

The Clovis points lying in situ, were peppered on the up facing sides with iron and carbon spherules, but not on the bottom where they rested in the dirt. The same for the exposed bones of Mammoth. This was not a Mass extinction, but many animals did meet their last days on Earth. The newer evidence in Arizona is well documented.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Thanks for sharing this. I love these videos.

The precise location of the great pyramid, suggests in no uncertain terms, an understanding of global geometry.

I don't think there were already there and said, hey, let's build a pyramid here.

It was a carefully selected and chosen location, the implications of which it was build by a civilization that explored the world and were aware of it's circumference, latitude, longitude, etc.

I think we're looking at a civilization that went back 50,000 years. That's a very long time for the continuity of a sustained civilization..

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Ive posted several scientific papers that show the evidence they used was wrong. But ok maybe you need someone to explain it to you. First it seems to have occured do to solar flares impacting the earths atmoshere. The entire atmosphere actually did a reset not possible by impactors so read this.

wattsupwiththat.com...

And heres further explanations into why the impact theory isnt holding up.

westerndigs.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
His argument that there was a global sea faring civilization beyond 12,500 years ago, is rather solid and irrefutable.

That same Civilization, or its few survivors obviously set up Göbekli Tepe Potbelly Hill, and founded Egypt, after first selecting that location by the Nile in advance and based on prior exploration. In the case of Egypt some say that it was the sons of Noah, in particular, Ham who was "at cause" in carrying across the cataclysm, the ancient wisdom and architectural and engineering knowhow, which appears to have been concentrated to the maximum degree possible in the design/build of The Great Pyramid in Giza.

What the Sphinx appears to encode, is one whole cycle of the precession of the equinox like bookends on that same civilization, when the sun rose in Leo (lion clothed with the sun) at the Spring equinox.

This suggests a global, sea faring civilization with advanced ancient "tech", from 12,500 to well past the prior time that the Sphinx lined up with the constellation of Leo in the rising sun.

The Sphinx could easily be closer to 12,000 years old or shortly after the last cataclysm, as the foundation stone and "gateway" to their regeneration of the lost Civilization, still plainly visible in the fact of the engineering, design and construction, and in the LOCATION on Earth, of the Great Pyramid itself.

It's right in our face.

Graham Hancock and his friend John Anthony West - they will be proven correct and well, it looks like they already have, since it's supported in the archeological and geological record.

If, as it would appear, we're looking at a cycle, which includes cataclysm and re-creation, taking place like clockwork in the context of the precession of the equinox, then it's not at all out of the realm of inconceivable, that the complete excavation of Göbekli Tepe could actually serve to "save the world" like a message in a time capsule that's unearthed just in time.

It was meant to be unearthed at a much later date.

What is Göbekli Tepe trying to tell us, and why the heck are we not excavating that entire site?!!!

That work must go on..

edit on 6-11-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Wolfenz
he Tries the Scientific Approach, Usually at first hand

Well, not quite. He does that confirmation bias thing where he has a hypothesis, and then he intentionally seeks out evidence to confirm that hypothesis. Actual scientific method takes a hypothesis and then comes up with one or more objective tests to see if the relationship between the variables holds up or not. It might not. So it's not the same thing.

nit picking are WE?
Confirmation Bias thing ??

he intentionally seeks out evidence to confirm that hypothesis

Archaeologist Usually does that very same thing ,

Actual scientific method takes a hypothesis and then comes up with one or more objective tests to see if the relationship between the variables holds up or not

and you do not think , that Graham Does that ?

I would consider Graham does both ,

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

No they dont archeologists dont try to prove a hypothesis correct they try to disprove it. Hankock knows nothing about scientific principles because hes a psychologist. He has no training in any discipline he claims to have knowledge in. In fact hes pretty much just a science fiction author. He tries to string together irrelevant facts to create a false narrative to support his hypothesis. Over and over hes benn proved wrong.

I personally loved reading his stuff but when i did i realized quickly he made stuff up. He was just an earlier version of the davinci code. Write fiction put in enough facts to make it seem real.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was pleased to see, though I don't think Hancock mentioned it, the cover of The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes on a slide, during his talk. That book contains the data for his "smoking gun," and I have read my copy cover to cover.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No they dont archeologists dont try to prove a hypothesis correct they try to disprove it. Hankock knows nothing about scientific principles because hes a psychologist. He has no training in any discipline he claims to have knowledge in. In fact hes pretty much just a science fiction author. He tries to string together irrelevant facts to create a false narrative to support his hypothesis. Over and over hes benn proved wrong.

I personally loved reading his stuff but when i did i realized quickly he made stuff up. He was just an earlier version of the davinci code. Write fiction put in enough facts to make it seem real.

Hancock was a journalist, IIRC.

Harte

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

You recall correctly.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

He graduated from Durham University in 1973, receiving a degree in sociology. He has no education that gives him the background to understand geology ,biology,chemistry or physics.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Heck,what about the city that was found off the Cuban west coast which was found by Canadian Oceanographer Paulina Zelitsky?

'Lost city' found beneath Cuban waters

We don't know exactly how old these ruins are, but to be that far underwater more than 2,000 feet (650 metres) below the sea's surface it should have existed during the last ice ace to be covered by so much water. The structures don't seem to be damaged so imo it is not possible for the entire city to have sunk by earthquakes or by dramatic plate tectonic movements. I could be wrong but it seems that the ocean's levels increased to have put this city so far below the ocean surface.

Here is a 3d representation of what the scanned images of this underwater city looks like.

edit on 6-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Ah this is like a breath of fresh air!

Going to enjoy digesting this!

Thank you Triton

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128>>> I think we had more advanced humans here thousands of years ago, maybe tens of thousands of years ago. Influenced by alien contact. I think many were moved off planet for whatever reason and have become a lost cousin of humanity. Or we're their backwards and primitive cousins who still remain here while they've explored the stars with or been forced into servitude by other alien civilizations. Maybe they come back and interact with us. I hope they're not jerks.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

That is way to deep to have ever been above water. Either fish built it or its natural occuring phenomenon. All the fancy graphics showing pyramid-like structures are computer generated: they are not photographs of things seen under the sea. All the detail is limited to the resolution of the side-scan sonar. Meaning the errors would be huge and what we see on the screen is not an accurate representation of whats there.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

While I don't really buy most of what GH is selling, and I disagree with several things put forth (melting a 2 mile thick ice sheet that suddenly with an impact event would need to be as big or bigger than the dino killer 'roid), I'm still REALLY glad you made this thread.

Threads like this is what brought me to ATS. I really do enjoy reading them and the debate in them.

Considering what the majority of content seems to be on ATS lately, I hope more stuff like this keeps coming!

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Worth the time to watch.

This pretty much solidifies the notion that civilization as we know it completely changed around 13k years ago. The comet that struck the N. American continent probably completely destroyed numerous advanced civilizations around the world. I would even hazard a guess that Atlantis was one of them. The people from that time may not have had the technology we do today, but may have harnessed energy in some form that was forgotten over the years. An energy that could move those megaliths into place, and shape their walls as we see them.

Seeing the loss of those ancient maps and what information was destroyed is incredible.
We have NO idea what these people knew.

Completely fascinating subject.

I personally think it is sonic energy and though it has not been perfected, I think we can finally say it has at least been rediscovered. I forget the guys name but the frequency or resonance that does it is named after him. What's his name people? Anyway he has videos on YouTube and when he turns this frequency on his speakers and turns it up,everything that is not bolted down flies into the air its pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

LOL!!

Some do Some dont , Depends on Who , and who that thinks of a Hypothesis , but they dont Address it Publicly
afraid of a Career going to Ruin ! thats the Difference !! but Yes on either side of the Tracks there is a Rule Out to Prove or Disprove ..

I can Say one Person that had her Name Smeared and Slandered even Her Boss in Her Team at the Site of Hueyatlaco
Shamed her , and that person is Virginia Steen-McIntyre. as Her Boss wasn't Satisfied with the Dating Results !
Virginia she still Claims , that the Site where the Stone tools were found along with Remains of Animals at the Hunter Gatherer Kill Site and the Ash where it all Layed and from the Dioites that was in the Ash that became extinct 80,000 years ago, and in 2008 , Joseph Liddicoat Dated the Ash 780,000 years old

LIDDICOAT, Joseph C.
Paleomagnetism of the Hueyatlaco Ash at Valsequillo, Mexico
gsa.confex.com...

So make a Argument with him

Email
[email protected]

There will be as always an Argument ,
in those Fields ,

just the Question how long Had Man Been in The New World ,

Bering Strait ? or Arctic Circe Crossing before the Last Ice Age ,

Dont forget Man is Claimed to be over 250,000 and too some 400,000 years Old
as in Israel of Claims of some Teeth to be around that date , and People except that..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
[
I can Say one Person that had her Name Smeared and Slandered even Her Boss in Her Team at the Site of Hueyatlaco
Shamed her , and that person is Virginia Steen-McIntyre. as Her Boss wasn't Satisfied with the Dating Results !

Steen-McIntyre jumped her bosses results. That was her fatal flaw, not the results themselves.

Perhaps you're unaware that her boss, Cynthia Irwin-Williams published those same dates herself in her papers concerning the site.

Irwin-Williams was the lead Archaeologist at the dig - those were her results to publish. Steen-McIntyre was brought in from the USGS, where she was working at the time while finishing her degree. She was a student, IOW.

What happened to her was her own fault and had nothing whatsoever to do with the dates derived for the site.

But the facts make too little drama for you, I guess.

Harte

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You want believe in this, though it may be a trick as well

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join