It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Archaeology - Civilizations Existed Before the Last Ice Age

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think that a mega earthquake, or multiple successive ones, could slide a location into a very low area and that could account for exceptional depth.

For what it's worth, I'm not really fond of the comet/meteor theory though I won't entirely discount it. I prefer the earthquake explanations.

I am convinced that we as a civilization definitely don't really know how to explain many of these sites satisfactorily yet.

Compared to structures from ancient Greece, which are well established as to dating chronology and widely accepted by expert and layman alike - I must stress that many of these sites (of the forbidden archaeology style) are highly controversial, disputed, and mysterious.

So when I go to bed at night I just shrug my shoulders and say "we don't really know".

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I love how accepted science moves the goal posts when it comes to questions of ancient civilizations. Like how Nat Geo hyped the walking statue theory of moving the Easter island statues. Completely sidestepping the fact that many are twice the size of the example they championed in their modern tests.
edit on 7-11-2017 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Love these threads, very interesting topic.

Even if it were to be conclusively proven that a high civilization in the past existed around the time of the last ice age it will never be accepted simply down to the fact that organized religious practice, and the dogmas that surround such, will never accept the premise that humanity has been around and quite possibly risen and fallen a few times before the inception of what we deem to be recorded history.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm a Christian believer and I don't have any problem with it. Seem to validate some ancient biblical history actually, although in many ways it preceeds it.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

If it proceeds it through then there seems to be a problem with all Abrahamic religious belief systems, especially along the lines of creation.

I was a christened Protestant myself but i take all organized religious belief, along with there accounts and historical calims, with a healthy pinch of salt.

That being said the phrase "“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be, and that which is done, is that which shall be done. And there is no new thing under the sun.”, certainly a measure of wisdom contained in said verse.
edit on 7-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As far as I'm aware, or from what I've read, Moses, an adept of ancient Egypt, wrote the book of Genesis, who's origin would have preceeded him probably by millennia.

The issue arises I guess with the lineage and genealogy and roots of the family tree as depicted in the Bible and interpreted as arising from Adam and Eve in the garden, although it's possible that such a lineage could be the root and offspring of the modern human being.

Note that it didn't say that Cain and Able were all alone.

I don't think it's helpful to take the Bible 100% literally.

And if these new discoveries are valid, it appears to me as if the Bible arose from this same lost civilization via Noah and his progeny. That may even be a myth that was passed on to capture something of the pre and post deluge/cataclysm.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Wolfenz
[
I can Say one Person that had her Name Smeared and Slandered even Her Boss in Her Team at the Site of Hueyatlaco
Shamed her , and that person is Virginia Steen-McIntyre. as Her Boss wasn't Satisfied with the Dating Results !

Steen-McIntyre jumped her bosses results. That was her fatal flaw, not the results themselves.

Perhaps you're unaware that her boss, Cynthia Irwin-Williams published those same dates herself in her papers concerning the site.

Irwin-Williams was the lead Archaeologist at the dig - those were her results to publish. Steen-McIntyre was brought in from the USGS, where she was working at the time while finishing her degree. She was a student, IOW.

What happened to her was her own fault and had nothing whatsoever to do with the dates derived for the site.

But the facts make too little drama for you, I guess.

Harte

WOW

you only see what you wanna see what i Type Harte.
and Yes of Course im Aware .

Her Own Fault ? as where the Board was not Able to Refute it! and let the go ahead and have the findings to be exposed to the public anyhow.

I the Fact is Williams did bring it to the Board and the they themselves didnt like the Results but Publicized the papers Regardless what the Outcome , Just as Williams Herself wasn't Satisfied

She ( Williams ) was the Lead in the Dig as in the BOSS! LOL

Right a Student at the Time!
and your Missing the Point n that Joe Liddicoat did a examination of Dating the Ash in 2008 which was 780,000 Years Old is the very Same place ( Kill Site ) where those Stone Tools were Found .

and Micro water organism dirite ? found in the Ash and was extinct 80,000 years ago
so from that still amazing if the Kill site is that Old 80.000 +

She was a Student , a Pretty good one too , and became a well known.

Quaternary Research
Volume 16, Issue 1, July 1981, Pages 1-17
Geologic evidence for age of deposits at Hueyatlaco archeological site, Vasequillo, Mexico
www.sciencedirect.com...

So what was the Slander ( her Suppose own Fault ) if it wasn't about the Hueyatlaco Site ?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I tend to agree that Christianity and the religions that preceded had their origins and beginnings in some lost root civilization.

Finding evidence to support such however, or even being allowed to explore or excavate in certain areas where evidence may be found that also suggests Antediluvian advanced cultures is rather frowned upon for some reason by both the scientific and religious communities.

One has to wonder why that is if there is nothing to hide?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: schuyler

I agree with you.

What I envision is North America being totally cleaned out. A 2mile thick ice sheet being vaporized is going to send a huge flash flood down the Mississippi valley. Around the rest of the globe its recorded the sea level rose 28 meters.. That's 84 feet!! The amount of vaporized water going up and into the atmosphere is going to create some killer downpours! What seems like endless rain, along with rising oceans... People are going to write about that.

There's your flood.

Thanks for the vid OP. Watched it last nite. Good stuff. I liked the Amazon segment.

I read somewhere that's how the Grand Canyon was made, not over millions of years.

What's to say advanced civilizations weren't crushed before?

Like the places around Malta, the underground places. That Venus looks like the other way older ones, they found in there.

20-40k years old.

Maybe the other civi's weren't Homo Sapien Sapien?

I doubt we will ever get the whole picture.

It's like others have said before, why did we sit around for a couple hundred thousand years getting high and not doing much?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I think that a mega earthquake, or multiple successive ones, could slide a location into a very low area and that could account for exceptional depth.

For what it's worth, I'm not really fond of the comet/meteor theory though I won't entirely discount it. I prefer the earthquake explanations.

I am convinced that we as a civilization definitely don't really know how to explain many of these sites satisfactorily yet.

Compared to structures from ancient Greece, which are well established as to dating chronology and widely accepted by expert and layman alike - I must stress that many of these sites (of the forbidden archaeology style) are highly controversial, disputed, and mysterious.

So when I go to bed at night I just shrug my shoulders and say "we don't really know".

If an earth quake caused a city to sink it would have destroyed everything no walls building or pyramids.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

WOW

Her Own Fault ? as where the Board was not Able to Refute it! and let the go ahead and have the findings to be exposed to the public anyhow.

I the Fact is Williams did bring it to the Board and the they themselves didnt like the Results but Publicized the papers Regardless what the Outcome , Just as Williams Herself wasn't Satisfied

and your Missing the Point n that Joe Liddicoat did a examination of Dating the Ash in 2008 which was 780,000 Years Old is the very Same place ( Kill Site ) where those Stone Tools were Found .

and Micro water organism dirite ? found in the Ash and was extinct 80,000 years ago

Quaternary Research
Geologic evidence for age of deposits at Hueyatlaco archeological site, Vasequillo, Mexico
www.sciencedirect.com...

So what was the Slander ( her Suppose own Fault ) if it wasn't about the Hueyatlaco Site ?

No, it is you that missed the point. Entirely.

You yourself admit that Irwin-Williams published the same results.
Please, tell us how these anomalous dates ruined Irwin-Williams' career.

You can't, because they didn't.

Then how could it ruin Steen-McIntyre's career?
It didn't.

She did it herself by publishing the results of another academics' dig.

Harte
edit on 11/7/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

"But the evidence shows that didn't happen, sea rise was slow, very slow easy enough for people to just retreat up the river they were living on."

Radiocarbon dating drowned coral reefs hints that sea level rise has been spasmodic with rises of meters occuring in less that a century. So the massive amount of water entering the oceans from land masses is likely to have caused widespread flooding overflowing riverbanks etc. The flooding might have been as disastrious as the Japanese tsunami. Destroying everything in its wake.

"In absence of correct chronologic dates, the formation of these terraces, common to nine coralgal reefs, located along a distance of over 120 km on the south Texas shelf edge, indicates that during the recent peak deglaciation sea level did not always rise gradually, but rather was characterized by a series of punctuated and rapid sea-level rise events over decades to one century, previously only recognized during late Holocene"

Coralgal reef morphology records punctuated sea-level rise during the last deglaciation

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Very interesting the idea of sedimentation on the Easter Island statues.. I won't how long that process does take?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

originally posted by: havok
Worth the time to watch.

This pretty much solidifies the notion that civilization as we know it completely changed around 13k years ago. The comet that struck the N. American continent probably completely destroyed numerous advanced civilizations around the world. I would even hazard a guess that Atlantis was one of them. The people from that time may not have had the technology we do today, but may have harnessed energy in some form that was forgotten over the years. An energy that could move those megaliths into place, and shape their walls as we see them.

Seeing the loss of those ancient maps and what information was destroyed is incredible.
We have NO idea what these people knew.

Completely fascinating subject.

I personally think it is sonic energy and though it has not been perfected, I think we can finally say it has at least been rediscovered. I forget the guys name but the frequency or resonance that does it is named after him. What's his name people? Anyway he has videos on YouTube and when he turns this frequency on his speakers and turns it up,everything that is not bolted down flies into the air its pretty cool.

Here it is...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Admittedly, I am more leaning towards the pole shift theory. It answers some questions, just not how? Just unsure what would cause it to shift. I found within Graham Hancock's blog comments an interesting linked 418 page PDF regarding uniformitism vs catastrophism. I did not necessarily agree with everything but it was very thought provoking regarding the unanswered questions and thought I would share it here.
PDF link

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Thanks for the link, that looks really interesting.
I'll look into it tonight since I have time.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Pole Shift theory fails to explain why Antarctica had more extensive ice cover 20,000 years ago than today

Or, indeed, explain anything at all!

Though advocates do have a habit of misinterpreting some evidence and ignoring a lot more

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Could there have been multiple pole shifts that could account for the discrepancy ice coverage wise?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

WOW

Quaternary Research
www.sciencedirect.com...

No, it is you that missed the point. Entirely.

You yourself admit that Irwin-Williams published the same results.
Please, tell us how these anomalous dates ruined Irwin-Williams' career.

You can't, because they didn't.

Then how could it ruin Steen-McIntyre's career?
It didn't.

She did it herself by publishing the results of another academics' dig.

Harte

I Missed nothing...

Where Did I say Williams Career was Ruined ?? !

I Said Seen McIntyre Career was :

Right I did Admit that Both Williams and McIntyre Had the
Same Results and the Board got the Same Conclusion Results ,

and What I said was the Williams wasn't Satisfied ! with its Dating ,

that is what I said..

I think you Need to go back and look what ive had Txted

Mysterious Origins of Man (1996) - Supplemental Material
www.youtube.com...

ok Harte I know you hate Videos ,

but watch the 5:30 mark and listen too her , and about her Career.
could of Let too better things , That all Changed Now ... as she said ..
I did because I can, in Virginia McIntyers Case.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Another video with Graham Hancock debating the ancient civilization theory with noted skeptic Micheal Shermer. Really worth the watch, even if your not a Rogan fan.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join